Old 07-11-2019, 05:22 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 32
Niced 573 Times in 306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Picked up a couple wizards at gateway today, one OG and one SB I think the flex is either SSS or SS. A little too flex for my liking but sweet stamps. Will be great when its cooler out. In hindsight wish I would've grabbed a firm one. But like always its super overwhelming trying sift through thousands of discs, lol. I picked up a couple proto mids and almost grabbed some of their proto putters they had. They've got a new top piece and they have put it on the warlock,wizard and magic.
New wizards?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2019, 06:59 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 83 Times in 55 Posts

Maybe the proto putter that Gateway says is a deeper Wizard.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-11-2019, 08:12 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 22
Niced 19 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Picked up a couple wizards at gateway today, one OG and one SB I think the flex is either SSS or SS. A little too flex for my liking but sweet stamps. Will be great when its cooler out. In hindsight wish I would've grabbed a firm one. But like always its super overwhelming trying sift through thousands of discs, lol. I picked up a couple proto mids and almost grabbed some of their proto putters they had. They've got a new top piece and they have put it on the warlock,wizard and magic.
Scale, Serpent, Iridium, and Plutonium?
Old 08-17-2019, 09:43 AM
Eagle Member

CH-DT, chalky dog toy?
How do they fly?

Old 08-17-2019, 09:51 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 206 Times in 102 Posts

I've been throwing wizards again. I took a shot in the dark and ordered a 6 pack of firms from infinite and I love them. They are on the softer side of firms (which is still rather firm), but I have been putting great. I also ordered some premium plastic wizard to drive with which I thought I liked a lot, but it is not what I wanted it to be in the long-run. It is nice and firm itself and flies great, but it is too overstable for what I wanted from it. It almost overlapped with my zone and I couldn't do putter touch shots with it. I got a Nikko to try instead and it is perfect for what I wanted from my driving wizard. It is pretty much dead nuts straight and lands flat. The thing goes far too. Really happy with wizards in general and I am not really sure why I even stopped throwing them.

Old 08-17-2019, 11:37 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 737 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusch_bag View Post
I've been throwing wizards again. I took a shot in the dark and ordered a 6 pack of firms from infinite and I love them. They are on the softer side of firms (which is still rather firm), but I have been putting great. I also ordered some premium plastic wizard to drive with which I thought I liked a lot, but it is not what I wanted it to be in the long-run. It is nice and firm itself and flies great, but it is too overstable for what I wanted from it. It almost overlapped with my zone and I couldn't do putter touch shots with it. I got a Nikko to try instead and it is perfect for what I wanted from my driving wizard. It is pretty much dead nuts straight and lands flat. The thing goes far too. Really happy with wizards in general and I am not really sure why I even stopped throwing them.
Then just know now from experience that the Wizard is best suited to your playing style for throwing and to not to get the premium plastic Wizard as then you have an almost Zone disc in the bag.
Old 08-29-2019, 08:36 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 120
Niced 62 Times in 23 Posts

Marshall Street now has the new ‘Funky Top’ Wizards in stock. Plus Warlocks and Magics too. According to them, the new top makes them slightly more overstable.
https://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.c...nky-top-wizard

Anyone seen/tried these yet?
Old 08-30-2019, 01:19 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 83 Times in 55 Posts

No, but I will soon.
Here is what Gateway says about the proto putter
"This new top offers a smooth continuous shape from nose to flight plate in a super soft blend increasing glide, allowing for longer straighter flights with less fall off at the end. The improved aerodynamics and tighter flight lines increase accuracy keeping you closer to the basket and lowering your score."
Old 09-06-2019, 07:21 AM
Eagle Member

Dear Gateway,
Please make a 'King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard' stamp on some wizards.
Love,
Lines

Old 09-06-2019, 07:48 AM
Par Member

Niced 72 Times in 55 Posts

How bout the new hemp wizards and a Grip AX4 in the colorway “Smoke//Grass”