Old 01-18-2014, 11:20 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Mid January, mid fifties.

Above average temps in Colorado for January and a great day at the course with the family. Not everyone was as excited as my self but my wife, son and daughter joined me this afternoon for some dg. The local pitch and putt fits the bill for family outings with the longest hole being around 250. My 13 yo son went with his tomahawk all day and found a few birdies. My wife made some breakthroughs with nose up issues and found some better than average drives. She even parked one with her buzz for a tap in bird.
My 12 yo daughter was the least excited about playing disc golf today. She was throwing really well with her light weight kite and skeeter. She was even hitting and holding anny lines. On one tee shot she got all jazzed up and gave me a running/jumping high 5 on her way off the tee box. On another tee, she parked a 150ft skeeter right under the basket and informed me not to mess with her! She also reminded all of us that the tee box was hers because she birdied that last one......
I experimented with different discs/distances on thumbers and we all enjoyed a sunny afternoon in the middle of January, in Colorado . Same weather on the way for Sunday. I will be playing some more dg, even if it means I miss kick off for the broncos game.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2014, 12:52 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 16
Niced 154 Times in 107 Posts

Lucky! We will be at 38 or so tomorrow, so thanks for sending the warm stuff our way.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 180
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 68 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by banknwank View Post
Above average temps in Colorado for January and a great day at the course with the family. Not everyone was as excited as my self but my wife, son and daughter joined me this afternoon for some dg. The local pitch and putt fits the bill for family outings with the longest hole being around 250. My 13 yo son went with his tomahawk all day and found a few birdies. My wife made some breakthroughs with nose up issues and found some better than average drives. She even parked one with her buzz for a tap in bird.
My 12 yo daughter was the least excited about playing disc golf today. She was throwing really well with her light weight kite and skeeter. She was even hitting and holding anny lines. On one tee shot she got all jazzed up and gave me a running/jumping high 5 on her way off the tee box. On another tee, she parked a 150ft skeeter right under the basket and informed me not to mess with her! She also reminded all of us that the tee box was hers because she birdied that last one......
I experimented with different discs/distances on thumbers and we all enjoyed a sunny afternoon in the middle of January, in Colorado . Same weather on the way for Sunday. I will be playing some more dg, even if it means I miss kick off for the broncos game.
I might need to make a trip out there. I'm getting a little tired of the snow here in Steamboat. Apparently we have more snow than anyone on the continent right now. I guess the west coast is having a really bad year.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,206 Times in 531 Posts

Awesome post. Sometimes it's hard to appreciate the best moments as they're happening. Here's to many more.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:38 AM

Courses Played: 7
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Moving to Denver in March from Fargo Nd where its been -20 for too long, although its 21 today so I am going out to throw some! Can not wait to be able to play all year round.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:46 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey bob, the north west high country has been getting hammered with snow. It was nice enough yesterday that the attic built up some heat, and the attack heat seems to permeate into the house after the sun gos down......I slept with my window open last night! The average high temp is prob around 40 this time of year, but hits 40 four about 10 min before the sun starts to loose elevation and temps quickly fall . It's not uncommon for a front to move in from the north and have temps below 0. It also seems like the weather patterns sees it's high midweek and another cold front hits for the weekend...... Not this time Last weekend I improved my local course record to +3 in windy conditions. Maybe I can finally post an even par round today. Wish me luck, cause I'll need it to find even par at badlands.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 44.4
Courses Played: 191
Niced 508 Times in 251 Posts

Its only going to be around 70 down here today. I might have to put a long sleeve shirt on for todays round!
Old 01-19-2014, 10:52 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 138
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to superium

50 degrees last weekend here in Buffalo but we had that blizzard early in the week so all the courses were just icey, muddy, flooded so I just wandered around playing the holes that were playable. I almost prefer calm 30 degree days. Solid ground, dont have to wipe my discs down after every throw and I dont come home covered in mud.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:55 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by discgolfman View Post
Moving to Denver in March from Fargo Nd where its been -20 for too long, although its 21 today so I am going out to throw some! Can not wait to be able to play all year round.
I played a 20 degree round earlier this year. If there's no wind, it's not that bad. I managed in a hoody an snow boarding pants. The snow boarding pants were a bit much and I was sweating my butt off. Just keep the dogs warm.

Old 01-19-2014, 10:57 AM
Eagle Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrembo View Post
Its only going to be around 70 down here today. I might have to put a long sleeve shirt on for todays round!
What's the mid summer playing conditions like around high noon?