#2371  
Old 08-27-2019, 10:16 PM
elmexdela elmexdela is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 194
Posts: 7,872
Niced 1,790 Times in 1,033 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
It's noticeably different to me both with a power grip & fan. Luna always feels more low profile. Roach fills out my hand more.

When I put a power grip on my 'putter plastic' Luna my finger tips feel scrunched. Could be different with a Big Z Luna with the plastic being softer.
is it a profile thing or a dome thing

im jw i still havent even felt up a luna still wondering if the hype train is worth hopping on
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2372  
Old 08-27-2019, 11:37 PM
wolfmandragon's Avatar
wolfmandragon wolfmandragon is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Morristown, TN
Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,495
Niced 1,044 Times in 603 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
is it a profile thing or a dome thing

im jw i still havent even felt up a luna still wondering if the hype train is worth hopping on
I have only felt a Luna up and have not throw one, but they feel taller to my square fingers than a Roach. It may be that the top of the Luna is more square and my fingers are not wrapping as well.
I would be curious to mic both of them.

Flightwise, from watching them thrown, they look like a shorter Envy. Not really any reason for me to buy one... I have a plethora of Envys already.

Niced: (1)

Last edited by wolfmandragon; 08-27-2019 at 11:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2373  
Old 08-28-2019, 09:46 AM
elmexdela elmexdela is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 194
Posts: 7,872
Niced 1,790 Times in 1,033 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
I have only felt a Luna up and have not throw one, but they feel taller to my square fingers than a Roach. It may be that the top of the Luna is more square and my fingers are not wrapping as well.
I would be curious to mic both of them.

Flightwise, from watching them thrown, they look like a shorter Envy. Not really any reason for me to buy one... I have a plethora of Envys already.
mvp putters got the corner market
Reply With Quote
  #2374  
Old 08-28-2019, 11:21 AM
F. Howl's Avatar
F. Howl F. Howl is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,838
Niced 1,010 Times in 559 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
It's noticeably different to me both with a power grip & fan. Luna always feels more low profile. Roach fills out my hand more.

When I put a power grip on my 'putter plastic' Luna my finger tips feel scrunched. Could be different with a Big Z Luna with the plastic being softer.
Agree with the first two plastics molding up smaller. Big Z's molded up more like the Roach, though. I have one with a bit of dome, and so it feels even larger in the hand. Flies just like my Ti Roaches:


Reply With Quote
  #2375  
Old 08-28-2019, 08:08 PM
Stable's Avatar
Stable Stable is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NC
Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 32
Posts: 2,757
Niced 512 Times in 318 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
is it a profile thing or a dome thing

im jw i still havent even felt up a luna still wondering if the hype train is worth hopping on
It's not worth the hype if you're paying more than $20.
Reply With Quote
  #2376  
Old 08-28-2019, 11:28 PM
discerdoo's Avatar
discerdoo discerdoo is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,229
Niced 937 Times in 511 Posts
Default

I haven't been able to kick the Envy out of my bag. Have tried Big Z and Ti Roaches and love the stable, glidey flight but I need something that handles the Okie wind. I bag a JB Roach for S/US approaches and putt with them. Generally gonna throw an Envy off the tee or in headwinds that don't need a Zone. The JB Roach is actually pretty versatile, it will hold a powered down hyzer line and go pretty straight on a hyzer flip out to about 200'. Again, that's with minimal wind. Envy is slightly faster, longer and more wind resistant.
Reply With Quote
  #2377  
Old 08-28-2019, 11:47 PM
elmexdela elmexdela is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 194
Posts: 7,872
Niced 1,790 Times in 1,033 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
I haven't been able to kick the Envy out of my bag. Have tried Big Z and Ti Roaches and love the stable, glidey flight but I need something that handles the Okie wind. I bag a JB Roach for S/US approaches and putt with them. Generally gonna throw an Envy off the tee or in headwinds that don't need a Zone. The JB Roach is actually pretty versatile, it will hold a powered down hyzer line and go pretty straight on a hyzer flip out to about 200'. Again, that's with minimal wind. Envy is slightly faster, longer and more wind resistant.
gyro putters = cheat mode
Reply With Quote
  #2378  
Old 08-29-2019, 12:07 AM
discerdoo's Avatar
discerdoo discerdoo is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,229
Niced 937 Times in 511 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
gyro putters = cheat mode
But I think electron plastic sux so I won't be putting with them. I've used the same black JB Roach all spring/summer for putting and love how it's beat in. Haven't experienced any grip or floppy issues with JB in the heat either.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #2379  
Old 08-29-2019, 06:27 AM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,282
Niced 1,306 Times in 768 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
I haven't been able to kick the Envy out of my bag. Have tried Big Z and Ti Roaches and love the stable, glidey flight but I need something that handles the Okie wind. I bag a JB Roach for S/US approaches and putt with them. Generally gonna throw an Envy off the tee or in headwinds that don't need a Zone. The JB Roach is actually pretty versatile, it will hold a powered down hyzer line and go pretty straight on a hyzer flip out to about 200'. Again, that's with minimal wind. Envy is slightly faster, longer and more wind resistant.
I have Plasma Proxy, Plasma Envy and a Electron Envy Cosmic Soft as my throwing putters and 1st run Lunas as my putting putters

And i can out throw the proxy/Envy with the Luna but it flies alot more like the Proxy than the Envy. . .the "3" for fade on the Luna is just so stupid

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
 

  #2380  
Old 09-01-2019, 11:32 PM
Emoney's Avatar
Emoney Emoney is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Tucson, AZ
Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 68
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,976
Niced 251 Times in 144 Posts
Default

Was Mcbeth throwing a clear Cryztal Raptor at the MVP open? I guess the Anax wasnt beefy enough for some shots.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discraft Sale, throwers/collectors, low prices zmannz1984 The Marketplace 4 07-08-2016 09:18 PM
DGCR scores vs. the rest scores Grinder12000 General Disc Golf Chat 14 06-25-2013 06:59 PM
Innova/Discraft/Gateway/Cryztal/Glow/12X as low as $4.50 shipped!! Bamm The Marketplace 3 05-28-2012 09:51 PM
Low Priced Discraft...1 Rare....Cash Prices.... kffreddy The Marketplace 11 02-17-2012 04:35 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.