Old 08-27-2019, 10:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 194
Niced 1,790 Times in 1,033 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
It's noticeably different to me both with a power grip & fan. Luna always feels more low profile. Roach fills out my hand more.

When I put a power grip on my 'putter plastic' Luna my finger tips feel scrunched. Could be different with a Big Z Luna with the plastic being softer.
is it a profile thing or a dome thing

im jw i still havent even felt up a luna still wondering if the hype train is worth hopping on
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2019, 11:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,044 Times in 603 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post

im jw i still havent even felt up a luna still wondering if the hype train is worth hopping on
I have only felt a Luna up and have not throw one, but they feel taller to my square fingers than a Roach. It may be that the top of the Luna is more square and my fingers are not wrapping as well.
I would be curious to mic both of them.

Flightwise, from watching them thrown, they look like a shorter Envy. Not really any reason for me to buy one... I have a plethora of Envys already.

Niced: (1)

Last edited by wolfmandragon; 08-27-2019 at 11:41 PM.
Old 08-28-2019, 09:46 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmandragon View Post
I have only felt a Luna up and have not throw one, but they feel taller to my square fingers than a Roach. It may be that the top of the Luna is more square and my fingers are not wrapping as well.
I would be curious to mic both of them.

Flightwise, from watching them thrown, they look like a shorter Envy. Not really any reason for me to buy one... I have a plethora of Envys already.
mvp putters got the corner market
Old 08-28-2019, 11:21 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 31
Niced 1,010 Times in 559 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
It's noticeably different to me both with a power grip & fan. Luna always feels more low profile. Roach fills out my hand more.

When I put a power grip on my 'putter plastic' Luna my finger tips feel scrunched. Could be different with a Big Z Luna with the plastic being softer.
Agree with the first two plastics molding up smaller. Big Z's molded up more like the Roach, though. I have one with a bit of dome, and so it feels even larger in the hand. Flies just like my Ti Roaches:

Old 08-28-2019, 08:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 32
Niced 512 Times in 318 Posts

Quote:

It's not worth the hype if you're paying more than $20.
Old 08-28-2019, 11:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 12
Niced 937 Times in 511 Posts

I haven't been able to kick the Envy out of my bag. Have tried Big Z and Ti Roaches and love the stable, glidey flight but I need something that handles the Okie wind. I bag a JB Roach for S/US approaches and putt with them. Generally gonna throw an Envy off the tee or in headwinds that don't need a Zone. The JB Roach is actually pretty versatile, it will hold a powered down hyzer line and go pretty straight on a hyzer flip out to about 200'. Again, that's with minimal wind. Envy is slightly faster, longer and more wind resistant.
Old 08-28-2019, 11:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
I haven't been able to kick the Envy out of my bag. Have tried Big Z and Ti Roaches and love the stable, glidey flight but I need something that handles the Okie wind. I bag a JB Roach for S/US approaches and putt with them. Generally gonna throw an Envy off the tee or in headwinds that don't need a Zone. The JB Roach is actually pretty versatile, it will hold a powered down hyzer line and go pretty straight on a hyzer flip out to about 200'. Again, that's with minimal wind. Envy is slightly faster, longer and more wind resistant.
gyro putters = cheat mode
Old 08-29-2019, 12:07 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 12
Niced 937 Times in 511 Posts

Quote:
gyro putters = cheat mode
But I think electron plastic sux so I won't be putting with them. I've used the same black JB Roach all spring/summer for putting and love how it's beat in. Haven't experienced any grip or floppy issues with JB in the heat either.

Old 08-29-2019, 06:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,306 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by discerdoo View Post
I have Plasma Proxy, Plasma Envy and a Electron Envy Cosmic Soft as my throwing putters and 1st run Lunas as my putting putters

And i can out throw the proxy/Envy with the Luna but it flies alot more like the Proxy than the Envy. . .the "3" for fade on the Luna is just so stupid

Old 09-01-2019, 11:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 68
Niced 251 Times in 144 Posts

Was Mcbeth throwing a clear Cryztal Raptor at the MVP open? I guess the Anax wasnt beefy enough for some shots.