Old 04-27-2016, 03:17 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Discmania discs

What are you guys opinion of discmania. The PD the FD the TD the DD
Those all sound like discs i have to buy. What do yall think of those discs.
My most thrown discs are my westside sword my discraft stalker and buzz. Opinions reviews.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2016, 03:27 PM
Snowflake

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,152 Times in 1,584 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhopkins1311 View Post
What are you guys opinion of discmania. The PD the FD the TD the DD
Those all sound like discs i have to buy. What do yall think of those discs.
My most thrown discs are my westside sword my discraft stalker and buzz. Opinions reviews.
My experience with Discmania has been mostly very good.

The S-Line TD has been a good disc for me when I use it, mostly for fairway driver duties.
The C-Line FD has been an awesome disc for me. Great stable/understable control driver, great glide and distance.
The S-Line P2 putter is becoming a go-to approach putter for me. Generally wind-resistant, parks under the basket if I have room to throw it.
The C-Line P3 has done well for me in headwinds, and is finding its way into my bag for hyzer shots on dogleg-lefts on wooded/technical courses.

The only bad experience I've had with Discmania is the C-Line MD. That mid was unexceptional at best.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,076 Times in 538 Posts

I've had multiples of the PD and FD in my bag for several years now. That's where I ended up migrating from teebird/eagle/leopard and I haven't looked back (much) since then.

The PD is a great straight shot disc. P line breaks into a great turnover driver, S line loses fade before high speed turn making it a really straight disc when worn in, and the C line is fairly overstable and stays that way for a long time. I believe the sword is a little bit longer of a disc but not much.

The FD is a good slightly understable compliment to the PD. S Line and C Line - as long as they have a nice domey shape - will fly very similar out of the box. The S Line will break in faster to make a good hyzer to turn or backhand roller disc.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 49
Niced 471 Times in 316 Posts

I used to be nearly SOLELY a Prodigy guy. (Discraft before that) after starting to try out Discmania last year, much of my bag is filled. PDs and CD2s handle most of my drives, FDs carry better than any fairway with INCREDIBLE touch control, MD2s and 3s are holding on with tight challenges for mids.

I'm really looking for a lighter S-Line PD2 now for my main distance. They are what I always wished Innova was. Truly great product.

Try a couple and you'll be hooked. My first Discmania was a used S-PD I picked up for $8. I started collecting soon after!
Old 04-27-2016, 05:42 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 97
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 16 Times in 15 Posts

Discmania molds are usually established Innova wing pieces paired with Discmania's "Hyzer Top" or "Anhyzer Top". Hyzer Top makes things more beefy, Anhyzer Top makes things more understable. That being said, I prefer Innova/Millennium, but Discmania is still good stuff.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:07 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

You can probably tell from my signature that I dig Discmania stuff. I don't have experience with all of their molds, but the FD and PD are my "bread and butter" drivers for most courses. Recently switched to the S/D-P2s for putting and driving duties. The PD2s (C-line) come in and out of my bag for certain courses or when heavy wind is a factor.

There are some more recent additions like the CD2 (super straight like a longer fairway) that are really great, as well. The Discmania Store has some really great info about the different runs they sell if you go into the individual disc profile pages.

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions about different runs/plastics before you buy. I've thrown most runs and plastics of the FD and PD molds.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 35
Niced 29 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUGNIFICENT763 View Post
Discmania molds are usually established Innova wing pieces paired with Discmania's "Hyzer Top" or "Anhyzer Top". Hyzer Top makes things more beefy, Anhyzer Top makes things more understable. That being said, I prefer Innova/Millennium, but Discmania is still good stuff.
What!? Where did you hear this from? They have one top they put on the majority of their discs. Its called the "anhyzer" top. Theres not "hyzer" and "anhyzer"

Last edited by Rol6566; 04-27-2016 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:12 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 28.5
Courses Played: 32
Niced 2 Times in 1 Post

I throw fds, CD2s, and S P2s. Great discs! Fds are like a broken in Teebird and that's what they have replaced in my bag. I've quietly built a stack (10+) of the Paul Mcbeth S P2s and they are seriously the driving putter I didn't know I needed.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:02 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 29 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rol6566 View Post
What!? Where did you hear this from? They have one top they put on the majority of their discs. Its called the "anhyzer" top. Theres not "hyzer" and "anhyzer"
Agreed, Also leaves me wondering where he got that info.

Old 04-28-2016, 10:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 22.4
Courses Played: 29
Niced 219 Times in 136 Posts

Lol I can't be so surprised,this is dgcr.