Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Improve Your Game > Bag Suggestions & Feedback

View Poll Results: Which overstable, high speed driver should I get?
XCaliber 5 35.71%
PD2 7 50.00%
D1 0 0%
Nuke OS 0 0%
Other 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2016, 11:06 PM

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default NEED AN OVERSTABLE DRIVER

Okay so this year I have really begun to take off in making my throw stronger. It has gotten to the point where my Wraiths are flipping over a little too much on me for full power throws and I have started to make the transition into destroyers. I recently bought a 175g champ destroyer with bubbles in the rim (I had heard from a friend that those are supposedly more overstable) thinking it would act as a headwind driver that wouldn't turnover, but instead, it'll flip over with full power in medium speed headwinds. Now I need to obtain a driver that can put up with my throws and at least fade back rather than fall out of the sky with headwinds. I'm open to any suggestions as I throw a completely mixed bag. Thanks!
Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2016, 12:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Xcal, PD2 and D1 are essentially the same disc to me. Xcal and PD2 even share mold pieces. The D1 has a different hand field but the flight is essentially the same. Any of those three are good choices, I throw the xcal but I truely believe those three molds to be interchangable. The NukeOS is in a while different world stability wise. Great max distance thumber for guys who can bomb that shot or severely torqued over flex forehand shots and that's about it. If you need a disc as OS as a NukeOS for regular driving duty you have some seriously flawed form.