Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > Equipment > Discs

Old 10-05-2016, 08:24 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
Niced 322 Times in 220 Posts
Default MVP AXIOM FOREHAND DRIVER QUESTION

Greetings.

I throw predominantly forehand. I have two MVP discs and really like how they fly and can handle forehand. I have the Octane and the Inertia. Both fly relatively similar for me: Inertia has a little bit more turn but really both of them, when thrown flat, fly pretty darn straight with a predictable little fade at the end. Octane just goes a little farther

My question: seeing as MVP discs tend to fly pretty straight initially before showing turn, would a disc like the Catalyst go straight first and then fade left a little prior to having lazy finish? I'm looking for a compliment to my Octane and Inertia - something that I can get to bend left a little without turning over, if there is a tree in middle or left side of fairway for example. I.e., I would be throwing toward right side of fairway but not have to worry about the fades that the Octane and Inertia have.

Anyone have experience throwing Catalyst FOREHAND or other MVP disc that can handle what I'm trying to do with it? Or am I going about this wrong?

Thank you for your help!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2016, 08:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 6
Niced 12 Times in 10 Posts

How far are you throwing?

I am surprised that the Inertia doesn't finish mostly to the left for you on a FH line.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 144 Times in 100 Posts

haven't thrown the catalyst but a wave should work
Old 10-05-2016, 10:19 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdschrock1 View Post
How far are you throwing?

I am surprised that the Inertia doesn't finish mostly to the left for you on a FH line.
275-315 avg. 365 max. Fyi I am usually only throwing low due to low ceilings and narrow fairways on my local courses. Maybe higher trajectory would create more turn? Or do I not have enough snap?

I suppose I put inertia on very slight hyzer angle to avoid turnover. Even if thrown flat though, I may get some turn to the left out of it, but it'll finish mostly straight. Would like something that will finish more left without turning over.

Both my discs are proton fwiw.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:23 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by money 21 View Post
haven't thrown the catalyst but a wave should work
Was curious about that. Does it go forward for you fairly well first before turning left?
Can handle snap of the forehand fairly well?

Thanks!
Old 10-05-2016, 10:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 29
Niced 208 Times in 131 Posts

I'm also surprised the Inertia isn't working for this shot for you. How new is it? You might just need to beat it up a little more. My Inertia was very straight for about a month before I really got it to give me a good S curve (RHBH). At the time I was throwing it about your same distance, around 300-320'. So maybe it's the hyzer, or maybe you're being too gentle with it? I used to hold back on the Inertia for fear of turning over, but it's really great at turning while not turning over.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-05-2016, 10:49 PM
Eagle Member

It's a month in a half old. So perhaps more wear will do it. In fact, last game I played I did notice more s curve out of it, but usually still finishing pretty straight. Yeah, I hear you but i tend to lay into it. One of the things I love about it is that i don't tend to turn it over and it usually fights through whatever I give it. Maybe if i wear it in more, trust flat release and perhaps a little more height will give desired turn
Old 10-06-2016, 01:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 1
Niced 144 Times in 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deyo7 View Post
Was curious about that. Does it go forward for you fairly well first before turning left?
Can handle snap of the forehand fairly well?

Thanks!
for me the wave is just a touch less stable so it does have more turn.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-06-2016, 10:12 AM
Salient/Yikun Groupie

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 72
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 993 Times in 651 Posts

Hmmm, I throw the Octane for that shot, but that is going 375-420.

Just give some anny to your Inertia, it should do the shot your talking about. I used to have one and it was pretty understable, no reason you shouldn't be able to get it to hold a turn with the right angle. Or, if you can, try it backhand. That should do it too.

Old 10-06-2016, 11:17 AM
Eagle Member

Thanks, I'll work on getting angle right on anny... Have tried doing that w/Inertia but sometimes it turns over or just goes off too far left. I kind of believe my Octane will work for this, and perhaps even the Inertia if I can get angle and trust right, despite my lesser power... I envy your 375-420 avg. I'll keep working on it (first real summer at this).

Thank you, all.