Old 09-02-2017, 05:04 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,494 Times in 689 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBokor View Post
One last suggestion, from a fellow newcomer to DG, find a doubles league and get involved early. I played solo for my first year and regret it more than any other sports mistake I have made.. Dubs improved my game immediately. Great advice (if I asked), option to throw other's discs and watch how they shaped lines. Instant gratification.
This^^^^. You will get to see all kinds of skill levels and ways of throwing you might not realize are possible.

And also, read through this thread. It greatly helped me clean up my game. DX Plastic is your friend at this stage of the game.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forum...ad.php?t=32790
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 09-02-2017, 08:09 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 311
Niced 2,132 Times in 1,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroLionheart View Post
Thanks. . So would the Leopard be a better driver to start with?
Absolutely.

I will double down on "play some league rounds.". Many leagues allow you to play individual weeks without requiring you to join for an entire season.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 09-02-2017 at 08:13 PM.

Old 09-02-2017, 08:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 15
Niced 464 Times in 281 Posts

The leopard is like a 4 iron. You can get solid distance with it with practice, but also finesse in a nice accurate shot, or even a little bump and run!

Putting is all personal. Everyone has different styles, everyone is a little different. Only way to get better is to practice. Personally I like having a stack of the same putter. I've got a bag with 8 classic aviars in it I take to the yard and just putt repeatedly with. It's not for everyone though, some people like to practice one putt, then think about what they did on their way to the disc. I would recommend practicing straddle putts and odd lies though. Your gonna find yourself behind, under, and even in an obstruction to the basket, and it comes in handy being able to putt from one knee in odd positions.

Hit the form section, and work on one thing at a time. I've been playing for several years now and still struggle with form a lot. And above all, have fun! It's the oldest game in the world if you think about it, throwing things at other things and trying to hit them, we just use different objects now.