Old 11-16-2018, 10:40 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 166
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,229 Times in 1,044 Posts

I dunno man. Most disc golfers are millennials and I hear their opinions enough as it is. I don't really want to hear about Eagle's veganism or something like that out of nowhere. Hell, everyone jumps on Drew Gibson whenever he says something the slightest bit un-PC. We're just wading into some really subjective territory here, that's all I'm saying.

As far as guys that wear their emotions quite evidently, Joel Freeman is worth a mention.
Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2018, 07:13 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 30
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 314 Times in 130 Posts

It’s probably been 15 years or more at this point, but the PBA (bowling) brought in the WWE folks to draw more personality out of the players. Not sure how the results went or what people thought.

Were there to be more “personality” shown during rounds, I feel like sponsors would have to “approve” it first.
Old 11-17-2018, 07:19 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 49.8
Courses Played: 52
Niced 544 Times in 225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
While I absolutely love the current batch of top FPO and MPO players out there they all seem...a bit stale. Look at their interviews like at that tourney McBeth was in in Florida just a few weeks ago. Yawn. No one wants to say anything out of line. Way too calm and collected.

I think (and I know a lot of you are going to hate me and really disagree with me for saying this) but we need more personality in this sport. When someone sticks a camera in their face they just let it rip and say whatever comes to their mind. Here's a good example of what I am talking about:

John Force has been around for YEARS in the NHRA and is still driving today and you either love him or hate him. But as you can see from that interview he is a character. From what I've seen he's a super nice guy just rather loud with a gigantic personality. Dude makes me laugh and I always think, "Oh crap what's he going to say THIS time" whenever they interview him.

So yeah, we need a Dennis Rodman (minus the psycho) or a Johnny Bench or Tom McEnroe (minus the ridiculous temper) or something like that. PDGA needs to loosen up IMHO a little. Don't believe me? Look what happened when Drew went for a swim at Ledgestone this year. Everyone remembers that - but who won? So some player does something a little unexpected that makes us all laugh and look how we react. It's was kind of a moment all of us could relate to because we've all been there done that. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of room for the Nate Sextons of the world and we need guys like him badly but just once I want to see a top pro who is willing to let loose a little when they are in the spotlight.
I love John Force, but I don't want to be on his card.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-17-2018, 08:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.1
Courses Played: 374
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 110 Times in 57 Posts

You know, millenials already have enough trouble with literacy, and expressing themselves clearly. Now you want them to be self-absorbed a-holes on top of that? Oh, wait...
Old 11-17-2018, 09:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 13
Niced 93 Times in 47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohtobediscing View Post
You know, millenials already have enough trouble with literacy, and expressing themselves clearly. Now you want them to be self-absorbed a-holes on top of that? Oh, wait...
Haven't added anyone to the ignore list for awhile... It was an absolute pleasure to break that slump for you.

Old 11-17-2018, 10:18 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 29
Niced 132 Times in 70 Posts
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeshoe View Post
Can you imagine playing doubles against a tag team of Macho Man and Hulk Hogan while Miss Elizabeth caddied?
Lol. When I read the op my thoughts went straight to wwf also.. Then I see you posting clips of the macho man. Lol!
Old 11-17-2018, 10:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 194
Niced 1,779 Times in 1,026 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by broomerang View Post
Cool man. You don't care.

Sounds like you expected me to care about your lololol moment.
thats your personal interpretation
Old 11-17-2018, 11:05 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 12
Niced 934 Times in 510 Posts

Your thread lost any credibility with me immediately when you included Johnny Bench with Dennis Rodman and Tom(John) McEnroe. Johnny Bench was classy and humble, did you ever watch him play?

Niced: (3)
Old 11-17-2018, 11:07 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3
Niced 68 Times in 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
DG Allin. That's all I have to say.
That'd certainly generate views if there were a confrontational self destructive guy on tour that were to coldcock Johnny Football and then take a leak on him after hitting an iron leaf.

Old 11-17-2018, 02:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 67
Niced 664 Times in 321 Posts

Well, there is a guy named Greg Barsby.

Niced: (1)