Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

View Poll Results: What do you find most annoying about the new disc golf scene?
Kids, damn kids on my lawn. It never used to be popular and crowded. 27 17.53%
The sun is hotter than it used to be! 17 11.04%
The attitude that Ed's dead long live McBeth.. Don't these kids know where we came from! 0 0%
Trading "hippies" for "hipsters" 14 9.09%
Too many discs! Back in my day it was a putter, mid and driver. 10 6.49%
The reclassification of my current distance driver as a "fairway driver" 4 2.60%
Mowed and manicured courses, back in my day the rough was rough! 3 1.95%
Thumber, tomahawks, OH.. That's not how a disc is supposed to fly dumbass 8 5.19%
Some 14 year old throwing 200' further than me. 52 33.77%
I've got my own complaint.. See below. 19 12.34%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2019, 09:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.4
Courses Played: 94
Niced 1,940 Times in 813 Posts

I have been having a bit of a dg resurgence this year at 53. Shot my first round over 1000 of my 50's (and second highest round ever) over the weekend. Hadn't won a PDGA event in about 20 years and have won 4 in the last 3 months. Rating is creeping upward after being stuck around 930 for a looonnng time.

I attribute it to 3 things:
1. Rebuilt my throw last year eliminating all but a couple step run (walk) up. Distance (what little I have) is pretty much all back at this point and consistency is way up. I also haven't injured my hip/back during a round since I did it which was a common occurrence before.
2. Got a lab puppy and throw a lid for her over and over pretty much every day. Approach game is now rock solid.
3. Got out of a very long term relationship that had become stagnant. Attitude is much improved.
Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2019, 11:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 5
Niced 730 Times in 511 Posts

Yeah I can definitely speak for my dog improving my disc game.. I wish I could throw some for him but we are busy working on him not picking up discs.. I've started drawing big X's on some discs and trying to get him to "choose" his disc. Mines some lab / whippet kind of cross.. He harasses me mercilessly to take him out for 9 holes every night, it's become a routine as long as it's not raining. I've played my course more times in the last 6 months than the last 6 years.

He likes to "help" me tie my shoes and adjust the knee brace... and by help I mean jump up, jump on my back, nibble my shoelaces, nip at my coat, knock off my hat,, whack me with his tail and wiggle in front of my face. He's pretty good the rest of the time but he absolutely can't contain himself. I'm just glad he's stopped grabbing discs.

Old 05-29-2019, 06:14 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 40.2
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 173 Times in 92 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
I have been having a bit of a dg resurgence this year at 53. Shot my first round over 1000 of my 50's (and second highest round ever) over the weekend. Hadn't won a PDGA event in about 20 years and have won 4 in the last 3 months. Rating is creeping upward after being stuck around 930 for a looonnng time.

I attribute it to 3 things:
1. Rebuilt my throw last year eliminating all but a couple step run (walk) up. Distance (what little I have) is pretty much all back at this point and consistency is way up. I also haven't injured my hip/back during a round since I did it which was a common occurrence before.
2. Got a lab puppy and throw a lid for her over and over pretty much every day. Approach game is now rock solid.
3. Got out of a very long term relationship that had become stagnant. Attitude is much improved.
may sound corny, but whether you win or lose, it's really these sorts of 'small' satisfactions that make life worth living and speaking from personal experience, it really takes the experience of middle-age to really appreciate...

Niced: (3)
Old 05-30-2019, 02:28 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 38.3
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 180 Times in 87 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeonDwindle View Post
may sound corny, but whether you win or lose, it's really these sorts of 'small' satisfactions that make life worth living and speaking from personal experience, it really takes the experience of middle-age to really appreciate...
whether we admit it or not, old farts love corny. over 50 is the age of enlightenment .

Niced: (2)
Old 05-30-2019, 06:24 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 40.2
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 173 Times in 92 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2naphish View Post
whether we admit it or not, old farts love corny. over 50 is the age of enlightenment .
believe it or not, i was talking to my own ego, hoping others would practice standard bedroom etiquette - no pointing, no laughing...
Old 05-30-2019, 11:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.4
Courses Played: 131
Niced 178 Times in 92 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeonDwindle View Post
believe it or not, i was talking to my own ego, hoping others would practice standard bedroom etiquette - no pointing, no laughing...
You're by no means the only one that has realized the special feeling of small victories. It only gets more intense as you celebrate your birth dates.
Old 05-31-2019, 09:44 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 58
Niced 236 Times in 140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eegor View Post
You're by no means the only one that has realized the special feeling of small victories. It only gets more intense as you celebrate your birth dates.
It won't be long for some of us, when being able to find our teeth in the morning will be considered a victory.
Old 05-31-2019, 03:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.8
Courses Played: 2
Niced 1,592 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDABRUSH View Post
It won't be long for some of us, when being able to find our teeth in the morning will be considered a victory.
They're next to your keys or on your forehead next to your glasses.

Niced: (1)
Old 06-01-2019, 10:14 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.8
Courses Played: 2
Niced 1,592 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDABRUSH View Post
My wife has set up special places where I'm to set glasses, keys etc. But somehow, I keep losing my discs.

Old 06-01-2019, 12:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 311 Times in 182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.Luke View Post
I thought it was the kids who were supposed to get bent out of shape on the internet. Sounds like some of these old farts need to grow up.
Research indicate that the biggest trolls on the internet are typically 50+ years. The kids have grown up with internet and know the proper etiquette. Old farts do not

Niced: (1)