Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

View Poll Results: What do you find most annoying about the new disc golf scene?
Kids, damn kids on my lawn. It never used to be popular and crowded. 27 17.53%
The sun is hotter than it used to be! 17 11.04%
The attitude that Ed's dead long live McBeth.. Don't these kids know where we came from! 0 0%
Trading "hippies" for "hipsters" 14 9.09%
Too many discs! Back in my day it was a putter, mid and driver. 10 6.49%
The reclassification of my current distance driver as a "fairway driver" 4 2.60%
Mowed and manicured courses, back in my day the rough was rough! 3 1.95%
Thumber, tomahawks, OH.. That's not how a disc is supposed to fly dumbass 8 5.19%
Some 14 year old throwing 200' further than me. 52 33.77%
I've got my own complaint.. See below. 19 12.34%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2019, 11:06 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 105 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post
As of yesterday my new test for membership in the club is the following scenario: There is a chain link fence. It would behoove you to be on the other side of it from where you are. Do you jump it, or spend five minutes looking for another way around it? If you would jump it, you need to get the F*** off of my lawn and out of my thread! If you have started searching for a land route, you may stay.
What if my first thought was to cut through the fence with the multi-tool I carry?
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 08-07-2019, 11:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 36.4
Courses Played: 242
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,620 Times in 708 Posts

Welcome to the secret society! The rule are indeed different, but we generally don't advertise them.

Proper And Appropriate Rules Of Disc Golf For Seniors …

Rule #1 A disc sliced or hooked into the rough shall be lifted and placed on the fairway at a point equal to the distance it carried into the rough with no penalty. Senior players should not be penalized for uncontrollable mechanical phenomena.

Rule #2 A disc hitting a tree shall be deemed not to have hit the tree. This is simply bad luck and luck has no place in a scientific game. The player must estimate the distance the disc would have traveled had it not hit the tree and can play the disc from there.

Rule #3 There shall be no such thing as a lost disc. The missing disc is on or near the course and will eventually be found and bagged by someone else, no call made to the inked number on the back, making it a stolen disc. The player is not to compound the felony by charging him or herself with a penalty stroke.

Rule #4 If a putt passes through the chains, spits out or deflects off the basket, without dropping in, it’s deemed to have dropped. The law of gravity supersedes the law of golf.

Rule #5 Putts that stop close enough to the basket that they can be dropped in, they may as well have been in. This does not apply to disc more than an arms reach from the hole. No one wants to make a travesty of the game.

Rule #6 There is no penalty for so called “out of bounds.” If penny-pinching park owners bought sufficient land, this would not occur. The disc golfer deserves an apology, not a penalty.

Rule #7 There is no penalty for disc in a water hazard as discs should float. That they do not is a technical problem that manufacturers should solve for all discs. Disc golfers should not be punished for manufacturer’s shortcomings.

Rule #8 Advertisements proclaim that golf scores can be improved by purchasing new discs, bags, boots, carts etc. Since this is financially impossible for the average senior disc golfer, a stroke per hole may be subtracted for using old equipment.

Last edited by ru4por; 08-07-2019 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-07-2019, 11:08 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 105 Times in 72 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmoset View Post
Well. I am now officially in the club
Welcome.

Niced: (1)
Old 08-07-2019, 11:26 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 207 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Putt View Post

As of yesterday my new test for membership in the club is the following scenario: There is a chain link fence. It would behoove you to be on the other side of it from where you are. Do you jump it, or spend five minutes looking for another way around it? If you would jump it, you need to get the F*** off of my lawn and out of my thread! If you have started searching for a land route, you may stay.
I don't see the option for bribing a kid to jump the fence with some crust plastic in your trunk.

Niced: (2)
Old 08-07-2019, 11:51 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 24.8
Courses Played: 135
Niced 2,250 Times in 853 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashiellx View Post
What if my first thought was to cut through the fence with the multi-tool I carry?
You are a vandal and should be incarcerated for your criminal acts. I like how you think, you can stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcinmd View Post
I don't see the option for bribing a kid to jump the fence with some crust plastic in your trunk.
In my day we jumped fences for old dudes out of respect; I'm not bribing those snot-nosed disrespectful punks with my hard-earned plastic.

Old 08-07-2019, 12:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 39.6
Courses Played: 95
Niced 864 Times in 331 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Welcome to the secret society! The rule are indeed different, but we generally don't advertise them.

Proper And Appropriate Rules Of Disc Golf For Seniors
2a. If your disc hits a tree you have your age in seconds to retrieve the disc and throw again with no penalty. A 60 year old gets a full minute.

Niced: (1)