* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 3,842 Times in 1,641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller View Post
What's the down side?

I'm not a fan either (just not my style and the price makes it way more not my style), but I haven't seen one in person.
Aesthetics...looks like a large purse.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 06-21-2019, 10:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 1,285 Times in 751 Posts

I like the looks. . looks small next to my BX

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190621_163713.jpg (148.4 KB, 161 views)

Niced: (1)
Old 06-22-2019, 08:34 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 92 Times in 41 Posts

I've been carrying the new G-series for a number of rounds and I recorded a video review of the bag: https://youtu.be/dVkBcm5vQRI

Old 06-22-2019, 09:38 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 73
Niced 1,225 Times in 289 Posts

I saw all of the colors in person yesterday, and I am convinced that the green is the best color, but only if it is modified after purchase:

Old 06-23-2019, 12:21 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 239 Times in 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doth_savek View Post
I've been carrying the new G-series for a number of rounds and I recorded a video review of the bag: https://youtu.be/dVkBcm5vQRI
What is your take on this vs the CS15?
Old 06-23-2019, 04:15 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 92 Times in 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
What is your take on this vs the CS15?
G $99
CS $179 current sale, $199 retail

G 10 discs
CS 14 discs

Valuable pocket on bottom back of G is about equal in size to the valuable pocket on the CS. The CS has the pocket up high where it is easy to access when the bag is sitting on the ground. The G is easy to access this same pocket while walking with the bag on your shoulder

2 big insulated dedicated drink holders on the CS are a huge advantage.
The convertibility of the drink holders on the G makes them a little more cumbersome to actually slide a drink in and out, but then comes in really handy as valuable storage and it secures items well even when left unzipped.

The two main tall storage pockets on the CS give it the ability to carry 2 jackets or 6-8 12oz beverages.

The CS has dedicated storage for a rain fly.

The best advantage of the G is just how small it is. If you are flying in a plane you could have the G loaded up with discs and then just put that inside your rolling carry on. G would be great sitting under your desk at work for those quick lunch break 9 hole scrambles. The limitation is really that for those super long 2 round days or a tournament its hard to have everything you might need unless you are of the ultralight / keep it simple mindset.

The CS has all the room for discs and everything else that it easily stacks up for a full tournament. This also means that the bag can get pretty heavy fast. It still stays light compared to those bags that are carrying everything the CS has plus 10-12 more discs.

Both bags have a small enough footprint that stability can be a bit odd.

If it will be your only bag, then almost certainly get the CS.
If you are a casual player, think all those folks walking around with huge bags and 30 discs are insane, and you are stubbornly going to carry a shoulder bag while taking great pride in casually beating all those dudes with tons of gear by 4 strokes, then the G is very likely the best way to flex on all those fools.
The G is the best looking shoulder bag out there. You and your significant other will look super cute as you walk the course together with your disc purses!

Old 06-23-2019, 11:44 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 239 Times in 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doth_savek View Post
G $99
CS $179 current sale, $199 retail

G 10 discs
CS 14 discs

Valuable pocket on bottom back of G is about equal in size to the valuable pocket on the CS. The CS has the pocket up high where it is easy to access when the bag is sitting on the ground. The G is easy to access this same pocket while walking with the bag on your shoulder

2 big insulated dedicated drink holders on the CS are a huge advantage.
The convertibility of the drink holders on the G makes them a little more cumbersome to actually slide a drink in and out, but then comes in really handy as valuable storage and it secures items well even when left unzipped.

The two main tall storage pockets on the CS give it the ability to carry 2 jackets or 6-8 12oz beverages.

The CS has dedicated storage for a rain fly.

The best advantage of the G is just how small it is. If you are flying in a plane you could have the G loaded up with discs and then just put that inside your rolling carry on. G would be great sitting under your desk at work for those quick lunch break 9 hole scrambles. The limitation is really that for those super long 2 round days or a tournament its hard to have everything you might need unless you are of the ultralight / keep it simple mindset.

The CS has all the room for discs and everything else that it easily stacks up for a full tournament. This also means that the bag can get pretty heavy fast. It still stays light compared to those bags that are carrying everything the CS has plus 10-12 more discs.

Both bags have a small enough footprint that stability can be a bit odd.

If it will be your only bag, then almost certainly get the CS.
If you are a casual player, think all those folks walking around with huge bags and 30 discs are insane, and you are stubbornly going to carry a shoulder bag while taking great pride in casually beating all those dudes with tons of gear by 4 strokes, then the G is very likely the best way to flex on all those fools.
The G is the best looking shoulder bag out there. You and your significant other will look super cute as you walk the course together with your disc purses!
Thanks for the detailed response. You pretty much confirmed everything I was already thinking.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:11 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,494 Times in 689 Posts

Or you can get the C15 and split the difference.

Got mine on the last sale for $117 shipped!

Old 06-24-2019, 01:59 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 321 Times in 118 Posts

I’m trying to tell myself I don’t need one. But if I can snag some OT I might treat myself anyway. Looks like it would be perfect for what I carry.