Old 08-22-2019, 06:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.5
Courses Played: 65
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,429 Times in 478 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicGuy View Post
Why does Discraft not produce the Reaper again?

Paul should bring it back.
They made a small batch of Big Z Reapers. Not sure how many.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2019, 01:30 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 35 Times in 17 Posts

I have a decent stack of new Elite-Z Reapers. Hoping Paul will bring the mold back and they will be worth something.

Back on topic, I don't think the old PFN Champ Banshees are too rare. I bet you could find a few more backups to last you a while if you do some digging.

Niced: (2)
Old 08-23-2019, 08:04 AM

Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm a LHFH player as well. I chose a Lat 64 XXX over the Banshee for fairway and approach shots. Great for flex shots and when I need more stability over the Thunderbird. Sometimes when I have a long jump putt (or long death putt) I'll throw the XXX on a higher FH floating flex shot which if it doesn't go in will land close to the basket. I use the DD Justice for the same type of shots for approach distances. These two discs are clean release discs. Some discs have very concave rims which dig into your middle finger on a FH grip then rake against the inside of that finger on release. Not good.

Niced: (1)
Old 09-23-2019, 11:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 580 Times in 426 Posts

So I also was on the Speed 7(ish) OS slot. After some research and recommendations I picked up a Spark and a XXX. I tried both. I liked both. Here's my take .
SPARK:
I grabbed a goldline. immediately it felt like a sexton FB or a Teebird3...infact that's how I'll describe it, a mix between those 2. But the glide was fairly low. I rate it 7/3.5/-0.5/3 - which I think is about right...it barely had ANY turn but not a meathook at all. Like a Teebird3 that has even lower glide and a dumpier fade. It was decent and feels great in the hand. Like a Sexton FB with less harsh fade. 8/3/0/3 --- 7/4/0/2.5 - also reasonable flight #'s I would consider calling it.

XXX
Felt great, actually is a wider disc and thicker rim even though it doesn't feel OR fly like it. I would give it 8/3/04 or 7/3/0/3.5 - it is pretty OS and more than I thought it would be, but in goldline plastic it will work in eventually. A really beat XXX would be sweet - which is what a Spark kinda is. So they are both good discs for that OS fairway (that's not a Firebird) slot

Spark feels more like a speed 7 sexton FB and the xxx is like a fat eagle X feel and flies more OS than a Spark

Niced: (1)
Old 09-23-2019, 11:58 AM
Par Member

Niced 49 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ormal View Post
The closest "non" Innova disc I've found was beefy Discraft Ti Stalkers or a Discraft Reaper.
The new Raptor! The first time I threw one I Immediately thought Banshee
Old 09-23-2019, 01:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 194
Niced 1,784 Times in 1,028 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
So I also was on the Speed 7(ish) OS slot. After some research and recommendations I picked up a Spark and a XXX. I tried both. I liked both. Here's my take .
SPARK:
I grabbed a goldline. immediately it felt like a sexton FB or a Teebird3...infact that's how I'll describe it, a mix between those 2. But the glide was fairly low. I rate it 7/3.5/-0.5/3 - which I think is about right...it barely had ANY turn but not a meathook at all. Like a Teebird3 that has even lower glide and a dumpier fade. It was decent and feels great in the hand. Like a Sexton FB with less harsh fade. 8/3/0/3 --- 7/4/0/2.5 - also reasonable flight #'s I would consider calling it.

XXX
Felt great, actually is a wider disc and thicker rim even though it doesn't feel OR fly like it. I would give it 8/3/04 or 7/3/0/3.5 - it is pretty OS and more than I thought it would be, but in goldline plastic it will work in eventually. A really beat XXX would be sweet - which is what a Spark kinda is. So they are both good discs for that OS fairway (that's not a Firebird) slot

Spark feels more like a speed 7 sexton FB and the xxx is like a fat eagle X feel and flies more OS than a Spark
i think if xxx came out as a speed 9 instead of the 7/8 mix it would have really rivaled the firebird but its too close as a banshee replacement that people over looked it

also semi related the new star teebirds have had so much beef if i didnt see the stamp i woulda thought it was a banshee
Old 09-24-2019, 08:09 AM
Par Member

Niced 26 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post

also semi related the new star teebirds have had so much beef if i didnt see the stamp i woulda thought it was a banshee
So I wasnt crazy on Friday when my Teebird was fading harder than my damn Eagle. I thought my arm was just broken...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2019, 09:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 194
Niced 1,784 Times in 1,028 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeknuckle View Post
So I wasnt crazy on Friday when my Teebird was fading harder than my damn Eagle. I thought my arm was just broken...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
they are like a mini destroyer lol
Old 09-24-2019, 04:27 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 40
Niced 12 Times in 9 Posts

Maybe try a discmania FD2, especially the original tooling. Maybe even an FD3, but those are 9 speed, so they may be a bit too wide. FYI, even though a PD is 10 speed, its rim is still only 1.9cm wide, which is typical for 9 speeds. The 13th run (pretty recent run, first embossed run) of PDs are nice and OS, so they should be pretty banshee like.

Old 09-24-2019, 11:13 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 25
Niced 740 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
they are like a mini destroyer lol
That is due to discs that Innova makes OS for fairway driver on up falling into 3 catagories right now, Destroyer-Wraith/Xcaliber, Orc, or Thunderbird/Teebird. This is for anything more OS then a standard Eagle flight and even some of those end up almost like a Teebird. It seems Innova's Dave is happy with OS driver /fairway driver discs falling into these categories unless it is the Ape then it is just a mega OS disc or a Viper its own thing almost midrange like.