* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJFK View Post
a pretty bad one at that
why would you pass up watching john wall, dwight howard, and vince carter in the same game
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to xJFK

cuz basketball is more boring than soccer.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 51
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
I could always get more distance out of magics than wizards. I'd throw them with a good bit of hyzer on a distance throw and when i hit it right they would go about 355' dead straight, fade left maybe 2' at the most. It was a very pretty shot to watch, the peoblem was consistency. I feel a lot more consistent with wizards in the 300'+ range, but then again I have more time with them and its been a while since I drove magics, my form has cleaned up a bit in that time.

When i carried both I felt like the magic excelled over the wizard with...

-Holding a straighter line on longer putts, while the wizard would fade out sooner
-Touch anhyzer putts and approaches that required more effort to make the wizard hold the line
-Short approach shots with little room to work with left or right

What I didn't like was second guessing which to use in a given situation. While the two molds compliment each other very well, for me I feel more consistent relying on the same mold for most everything a little over 300' and in.
wow... there's a great response.

/end thread.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 201
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

How about something in between like a Voodoo or Pure? If I was going to abandon my Wizards one of those 2 discs would get a long tryout in my bag.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 51
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi Sloppy!
Old 11-18-2010, 06:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 17
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppydisc View Post
How about something in between like a Voodoo or Pure? If I was going to abandon my Wizards one of those 2 discs would get a long tryout in my bag.
That might be Warlock territory. I guess it depends what aspect you like of those 2 discs. you like the 0 hss of the Voodoo or do you like -1 of the Pure. 2 LSS of Voodoo, or -1.5 of Pure?
Old 11-18-2010, 07:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 201
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

I am not really a numbers guy. I think they are fudge able and mostly dependent on who is throwing the disc. I threw a Voodoo a little and have played around with a Pure a few times. They seem less stable than the Wizard to me. But they seem more stable than the Magics I tried. They also seemed to be able to handle a little more power, speed, or whatever you want to call it when I threw them for approaches and drives. I love my Wizards, but if you are making a switch don't limit yourself to one manufacturer. Unless they are paying you or providing free plastic of course.

I guess I am somewhat of a less saber metric DGer and more of a touchy-feely DGer. To me it sounds like you need to try a Pure and/or Voodoo. But I do kind of suck.

But my putting is solid, and so is my approach game. Basically, I have enough knowledge to be very, very dangerous.

Hi Hoey. My boss loved the Marshall Street detour today. I'll let you know if I am still employed next week.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:04 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 10
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think I'm WANTING to like my Wizard more than I do. I love it for approach/mid shots but my best putts come from the Magic.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 17
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppydisc View Post
I am not really a numbers guy. I think they are fudge able and mostly dependent on who is throwing the disc. I threw a Voodoo a little and have played around with a Pure a few times. They seem less stable than the Wizard to me. But they seem more stable than the Magics I tried. They also seemed to be able to handle a little more power, speed, or whatever you want to call it when I threw them for approaches and drives. I love my Wizards, but if you are making a switch don't limit yourself to one manufacturer. Unless they are paying you or providing free plastic of course.

I guess I am somewhat of a less saber metric DGer and more of a touchy-feely DGer. To me it sounds like you need to try a Pure and/or Voodoo. But I do kind of suck.

But my putting is solid, and so is my approach game. Basically, I have enough knowledge to be very, very dangerous.

Hi Hoey. My boss loved the Marshall Street detour today. I'll let you know if I am still employed next week.
Oh, you were recomending?

I have a Pure, and I didnt care for it because its nose is kind of bevelled, and the way I like to put is, I put the disc on a bit of a hyzer angle, not a hyzer put but just the angle, and it had a problem with slicing through, sort of like the Ions. I think the magic flattens out more.

Thats part of the reason I didnt go for Voodoo either is I wanted to go more on the understable side so it flattens out more, and I wanted glide which the Magic is great with, but not seemingly rediculously so like a Skeeter or Aero or something like that..

As an added benefit, Im finding since there is little want of the Magic to fade, I can really finess it where I want on approaches, much like what I liked about the Ion and Pure, maybe even more so since there is actually less fade and the Ions at least wanted some spin, but with tackier plastic and a blunter nose.

There was some thought in this as far as short game goes; just wasnt sure about driving with it, which Mike answered well.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJFK View Post
cuz basketball is more boring than soccer.
much like your posting

whoa-ho! zinggg