Old 06-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Beast vs Valkyrie

hey guys, I was wondering what everyone thought of these two discs. I own both but have never really thrown my beast that much. I am a huge fan of my DX Valk, I can throw it in tight woods and it always seems to snake its way through. I consistently throw it about 270 feet. So I was wondering should I start throwing my Beast to gain more distance? The beast and the valk have the same glide, turn, and fade, but the beast is a faster disc.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2009, 02:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 59
Niced 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucktown View Post
hey guys, I was wondering what everyone thought of these two discs. I own both but have never really thrown my beast that much. I am a huge fan of my DX Valk, I can throw it in tight woods and it always seems to snake its way through. I consistently throw it about 270 feet. So I was wondering should I start throwing my Beast to gain more distance? The beast and the valk have the same glide, turn, and fade, but the beast is a faster disc.
I was like you, and stuck at about 270. I stated throwing a Champ Beast, and it helped me some, but I went back to my Champ Valk, and now I throw it 290-310 every time.

You might also want to invest in a Wraith. I don't know why, but I didn't start seeing real distance , till I started throwing my Wraith. My Valk will out fly my Wraith by about 30ft, but I still love the Wraith, because I am more accurate with it. Its a nice point and shoot disc for me.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 104
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

My experience has been that the Valkyrie will go further all things considered, but the Beast will fly much straighter (i.e. the Valk 'turns' more, but both have similar fade).

I tend to throw the disc faster in a straight line than it spins, and therefore throw the Valk. For those who can throw with a lot of spin, the Beast works better.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 156
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

If you asked me two years ago I would have said Valkyrie, but now I'm going to say Beast. I can through my Valkyrie with accuracy and good distance, but I can flat out launch my Beast. Also I used to use my Valkyrie to throw every shot before I understood overstable and stable drivers.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

i love my champ valk (150g). it flies just like its supposed to. the beast however just feels wierd to me.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 50
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

I use both, and like them both equally. Not sure I could choose between them. I used to be all about the Valkerie, but just recently picked up a used Star Beast (169g) for $5, and that thing is amazing.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 59
Niced 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffron24 View Post
If you asked me two years ago I would have said Valkyrie, but now I'm going to say Beast. I can through my Valkyrie with accuracy and good distance, but I can flat out launch my Beast. Also I used to use my Valkyrie to throw every shot before I understood over-stable and stable drivers.
I have replaced my Beast with my Star Wraith. I can throw them the same distance, but I am more accurate with the Wraith.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.8
Courses Played: 1
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

i have a champion beast 175g pretty beat in i can hyzer flip it real nice for open holes accuracy really isnt there most of the time but i can throw it about anywhere form 350-415 feet. i also have a star valk pretty new 173g much better accuracy then the beast but i throw it about 325-400 but mayb its me i have had the beast alot longer. i feel the best is better then the valk when there is wind envolved.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.1
Courses Played: 28
Niced 48 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightbiker View Post
I have replaced my Beast with my Star Wraith. I can throw them the same distance, but I am more accurate with the Wraith.
Does the Beast tend to turn-over on you from time to time? My longest drive of around 380' was with the Beast but I can't for the life of me repeat it and because I'm trying to put so much oomph on it, sometimes it will turn over and become a horrible drive. I too use my Star Wraith over the Beast, but consistently throw it around 30' shorter than my longest drive with the Beast. I just can't figure the Beast out.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:51 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to fretgod321

my first distance driver was a beast, and it has always worked well for me. i've tried throwing my friend's dx valkyrie, but it's never felt right to me