Old 03-28-2010, 06:58 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 114
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Smith View Post
Is the DG game on the 2009 or the 2010 version of Tiger woods golf for the Wii? For those of you that have played it, is it fun? Easy or Hard? How many can play at a time?
It's on TW10. I think up to 4 can play. Read the above postings for whether it's fun or not; I say, not as fun as it should be. Wii Sports Resort is more fun.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 70
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Smith View Post
Is the DG game on the 2009 or the 2010 version of Tiger woods golf for the Wii? For those of you that have played it, is it fun? Easy or Hard? How many can play at a time?

Thanks!
Don
Definitely the 2010 version. I got it awhile back and with the Wii Motion attachment, it works decently. A lot of the physics seem off and forehands are almost impossible to work consistently with my experience. The putting is, in my opinion, is the worst part about it. If you are within 20 yds (the max distance for a putter according to the game), it will go in 99% of the time, even if you throw it backwards. There are also some mini-games that use the disc golf feature though that are entertaining, but still a lot of work to be done.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:21 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

TW10, Okay, and the Wii Sports Resort is better. Now I know what to look for. I've read your comments on both. So, which is better the Wii Sports Resort with or with out the motion PLUS?

Thanks,
Don
Old 03-29-2010, 07:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: LHFH
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts
Send a message via AIM to billnchristy

Not sure if sports resort will work without motion plus, it was the motion plus release and actually comes with one.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:46 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.5
Courses Played: 54
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to skottyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by billnchristy View Post
Not sure if sports resort will work without motion plus, it was the motion plus release and actually comes with one.
Nope it won't work without the MP..
Old 03-29-2010, 10:42 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was looking on EBAY and found two versions, one with motion plus and one with out.

Okay, looks like I need to get the MP version.

THANks!
Don
Old 03-29-2010, 01:35 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 81
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

You have to have the MP version, but after trying a dozen times, I've found that the game sucks. I record worse scores on the Wii than I do in real life. I say don't waste your money.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 37
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default So what would make a great VG?

With Wii's Sports Resort and TW2010... my group of dg friends have talked about what should be included in the game. Just like Paintball never translated well into Video Games, Disc Golf will not be perfect to make the move. But we've decided that decided that some things should be included before the game goes to the masses:

Disc Retrieval - Whether using a baseball to pop one out of a pine, or a retriever to pull it out of a stream/pond, this is a minigame that has to be included with a 3 minute time limit to get it retrieved. Also looking through a bush to find a wraith standing on end hiding under a pile of thorns.

Different Stances - I've never seen someone be able to just walk up and throw from behind their disc perfectly every time. I almost did, but she was 10, and still got stuck on top of some logs.

All the different throws? - How can Wii determine if you are throwing a thumber vs a tomahawk? You are going to have to select your shot...

All of this is going to make the game take forever... and you're best bet is just to get your ass outdoors and throw some real plastic... I guess some sports were meant to just be played.

Old 03-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.5
Courses Played: 54
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via Yahoo to skottyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr123psu View Post
You have to have the MP version, but after trying a dozen times, I've found that the game sucks. I record worse scores on the Wii than I do in real life. I say don't waste your money.
For what its worth it's still fun... and you shot worse then you would in real life? Really.. I think my record for WSR is like -22, its cake.