Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

Old 06-28-2012, 08:27 PM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default How can a review of a course be so far off and still be allowed

I have this dilemma Some person who apparently doesn't know anything about dg wrote a review that is so far off base about a course in nh it was like he wasn't even reviewing that course. I have been trying to get it removed. Maybe you can't have them removed.The person refers to fly 18 rubber tees.As tees that are rubber at best. Maybe someone else would like to check out his review. It is Top O The Hill DGC In Canterbury nh. Without playing the course personaly it is impossible to say but it is so far off. the course doesn't deserve this kind of attitude. I know when people work hard to make a great course spend lots of money then get slammed with whatever it is he was trying to do is just not right
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Team Borderland

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 87
Niced 41 Times in 28 Posts

Every course has reviews that are way off the norm. But in some ways that's a good thing. Everyone gets their chance to voice an opinion. As more people review a course, one individual review will carry less and less weight in the average.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:42 PM

Courses Played: 1
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Did you read it Brad.You play here
Old 06-28-2012, 08:48 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Everyone is entitled to an opinion......just the way it is.....somebody ranked Brushy Creek (a 9 hole course) higher than the new $300,000 18 hole championship course in Austin.

I agree that it is a bummer but some folks just got beef.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.8
Courses Played: 26
Niced 176 Times in 105 Posts

I read the review. Although I have never played the course so I can't really speak to how accurate the rating or review was, he did give an explanation to his rating and why he felt like the course wasn't "up to par" so I'm inclined to say the review was ok.

Is it a "one disc" course, probably not, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If everyone takes reviews/opinions to heart (or as a commentary for how their work should be judged) there will be a lot of hurt feelings.

I don't think it's such a big deal, if you know the course is good and you play there and enjoy it then keep playing. Use this as fuel to make the course better and keep improving it is what I say.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:59 PM
Team Borderland

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 87
Niced 41 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsmock View Post
Did you read it Brad.You play here
Yes I read it. While I don't share his opinions, he did make some valid points, although didn't communicate them particularly well. It's not for me, or anyone else for that matter, to say what the rating "should" be. The reviews will average out to give a consensus. Some will be bad while others may be overly inflated. But in the end, averages win out. There is great value in seeing a diverse set of opinions.

Most people will see that one bad review and realize it's someone that just had a beef. If the majority of reviews say good things, they will realize that it is not a bad course.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:23 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 23
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've never played this course so I cannot comment on the accuracy of any of the comments, but I will tell you one thing, I read the 5 most recent reviews and the one in question was the best written and had the most meat of any of them. It certainly wasn't a "I hate this course. Tight fairway, bad tees, bad baskets, lots of bugs." and I think the rating was adequately supported.

I hope it's not removed just because somebody disagrees with it.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 156
Niced 11 Times in 10 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to optidiscic

theres a bunch of suspicious reviews on that course

what if he is right? I doubt its a 1 disc rated but he was probably trying to bring the rating in line....some people play rating god do that for some reason
Old 06-28-2012, 10:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.4
Courses Played: 92
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Thought this was about the 1/2-disc review of Blueberry!...which still didn't knock it outta the top.

And I see Granite (my fave Highbridge course) is back in the running?

Old 06-28-2012, 11:20 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 37.7
Courses Played: 25
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsmock View Post
I have this dilemma Some person who apparently doesn't know anything about dg wrote a review that is so far off base about a course in nh it was like he wasn't even reviewing that course. I have been trying to get it removed. Maybe you can't have them removed.The person refers to fly 18 rubber tees.As tees that are rubber at best. Maybe someone else would like to check out his review. It is Top O The Hill DGC In Canterbury nh. Without playing the course personaly it is impossible to say but it is so far off. the course doesn't deserve this kind of attitude. I know when people work hard to make a great course spend lots of money then get slammed with whatever it is he was trying to do is just not right
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...6&postcount=40

From your post history it looks like it's your course you don't like the review on. It hurts when someone doesn't like something you put time and effort into it, but to get better you have to take the criticism as input and try to grow and improve from it. Posting this as you did seems a little disingenuous.