Old 08-18-2014, 09:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 69
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 95 Times in 65 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiuGraphite View Post
Is that pink amp one of the newer runs? The pink one I got is super flippy and first run.. Whish I was at home so I could compare them...
It is. It was fairly stable for a while until it got beat in.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2014, 06:36 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Okay so I got my amp and new volt today and brought them with my FR volt to compare in a field.
First throw with them all and my FR decides to go over the hill I use as a backstop and get lost in the forest...

What I did find out from that first throw is that the new amp actually has more HSS than my beat FR volt but less LSS.

I find that weird cus my old pink amp is a turning machine.

The new volt however is a lot different than my old white volt that I traded away. My white volt flew like a Proton for some reason. It was too OS for me. This neutron one is super straight with a nice fade that's not too bitey.

So it looks like I won't be able to replace my FR volts but I have a couple more fun discs to play with.

I'll take some wing pics when I get a chance.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Okay so I got my amp and new volt today and brought them with my FR volt to compare in a field.
First throw with them all and my FR decides to go over the hill I use as a backstop and get lost in the forest...

What I did find out from that first throw is that the new amp actually has more HSS than my beat FR volt but less LSS.

I find that weird cus my old pink amp is a turning machine.

The new volt however is a lot different than my old white volt that I traded away. My white volt flew like a Proton for some reason. It was too OS for me. This neutron one is super straight with a nice fade that's not too bitey.

So it looks like I won't be able to replace my FR volts but I have a couple more fun discs to play with.

I'll take some wing pics when I get a chance.
I just lost my pink Amp, and the new one I picked up is the same as yours, pretty neutral, almost no HS turn off the shelf. But, IIRC, the pink one was like that at first, too. I think there's a good bit of change once the "new" is off the Amp.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:24 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 14
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post
I just lost my pink Amp, and the new one I picked up is the same as yours, pretty neutral, almost no HS turn off the shelf. But, IIRC, the pink one was like that at first, too. I think there's a good bit of change once the "new" is off the Amp.
Also, the FR Amps were squirrely in the way that FR Volts were. Far more turn initially that has been tonned down in the "tweaked" molds. At least that's what my experience with the FR Amps and new runs has been.

Quote:
A low 170's P Crave has been flying exactly like my FR Volts for me. In fact, I rarely throw my FR Volt anymore unless it's a hole that I've always thrown the Volt on and know how it'll fly every time. The Crave is a great disc that's taken most of the shots away from my Volts in the long run, however.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:18 PM
Bogey Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenn View Post
A low 170's P Crave has been flying exactly like my FR Volts for me. In fact, I rarely throw my FR Volt anymore unless it's a hole that I've always thrown the Volt on and know how it'll fly every time. The Crave is a great disc that's taken most of the shots away from my Volts in the long run, however.
Yea i have a 167 N crave that's pretty fresh so it doesn't like coming out of a hyzer unless I put some oomph into it. Excited for when it breaks in. Might get a heavier one when that happens.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
I'm on vacation, so I've already got about 5 rounds on this new Amp, and it's no kidding 9 5 0 2, at least out to 325. Absolutely no HS turn on this guy...yet. I think it'll get there, the glide phase is already noticably longer, but it's hard to believe how non-turny it is compared to the one I just lost.

either way, it's pretty sweet. Creamcicle. If it stays this stable, I'll just slot it as a Volt.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:29 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 56
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I keep on being amazed by this disc. I've gained 50 feet of distance in the past month or so and this disc just goes farther while maintaining a great deal of reliability.
Last night we had Eagle's Peak leagues and it was 10-15 winds with gusts o 20. The Volt did not care. Hole 11 is a 600' bomber off of the top of the hill to a pin across and down. There was a right to left wind blowing so I decided to throw a low, slight anhyzer shot on a helix to the bottom. The volt showed no signs of wind disturbing it and left me with a 40 foot downhill putt (which I missed )
Old 08-22-2014, 02:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 122
Niced 559 Times in 344 Posts

Quote:
I'm on vacation, so I've already got about 5 rounds on this new Amp, and it's no kidding 9 5 0 2, at least out to 325. Absolutely no HS turn on this guy...yet. I think it'll get there, the glide phase is already noticably longer, but it's hard to believe how non-turny it is compared to the one I just lost.

either way, it's pretty sweet. Creamcicle. If it stays this stable, I'll just slot it as a Volt.
Let's meetup at Renny and I'll try it on #11
Old 08-27-2014, 10:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 6
Niced 45 Times in 28 Posts

So, I believe I posted somewhere in this thread that I had gotten a brand new volt and did now care for it. It was one of the ones from the tweaked mold. Well, I ended up trading an Archon to a buddy for a first generation Volt and oh my gosh I like this disc. It is so much more workable for me. I can really crack some off with this disc, and as I am learning it I am becoming incredibly accurate with it. I have thrown the switch, servo, shock(both FR and fixed mold), inertia and now both types of volt. This first Gen volt is the only MVP disc to make the bag. If I hadn't of lost my pretty green Anode, that would be in my bag as well.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:01 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 14
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedg1976 View Post
So, I believe I posted somewhere in this thread that I had gotten a brand new volt and did now care for it. It was one of the ones from the tweaked mold. Well, I ended up trading an Archon to a buddy for a first generation Volt and oh my gosh I like this disc. It is so much more workable for me. I can really crack some off with this disc, and as I am learning it I am becoming incredibly accurate with it. I have thrown the switch, servo, shock(both FR and fixed mold), inertia and now both types of volt. This first Gen volt is the only MVP disc to make the bag. If I hadn't of lost my pretty green Anode, that would be in my bag as well.
Yeah, the FR Volts were a thing of beauty. I know other molds (Tweaked Amp, P Intertia) kinda fly like the FR Volts, but for now I'm just glad I have a stack for back up. Easily my favorite MVP disc behind the E Vector.