Old 09-11-2013, 11:51 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 166
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2,229 Times in 1,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious EJ View Post
BrotherDave, he was there the day before too, with his stupid car parked along the curb next to the fairway. I nearly hit his car, so hopefully he moved it.
NOPE!

Ah, the perks of a new course.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2013, 03:39 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 197
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

After seeing the mix of reviews and hearing about this course, I plan on checking it out tomorrow (Friday) afternoon to form a separate opinion. That said, I am concerned about 2 things listed on the pars - a Par 6 and two Par 2s. I've played well over 100 courses and never seen either. What is with the Par 2s listed...is there such a thing?
Old 09-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.5
Courses Played: 176
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggreen View Post
After seeing the mix of reviews and hearing about this course, I plan on checking it out tomorrow (Friday) afternoon to form a separate opinion. That said, I am concerned about 2 things listed on the pars - a Par 6 and two Par 2s. I've played well over 100 courses and never seen either. What is with the Par 2s listed...is there such a thing?
Someone convinced Buzz that its a Gold/blue Course which means the shortest holes (5,16,17) would be par 2. I dont mean that in bad way, just that its more of a long multi par Blue/White with a few Red level holes,not counting the "Rookie" loop. Not sure what to tell you about the par 6 other than its really long.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:44 PM
Verified Jurkface

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 166
Niced 2,229 Times in 1,044 Posts

The par 6 is hole 8, right? It's a snake winding long hole with a slope on the left and bad rough on both sides. Until they get the rough tamed on the left slope, it's pretty much just toss your putter within eyesight for 100' or so until you can see the basket and actually make a golf throw. Yeah, I've just been skipping it.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 201
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Par 2's???? WTH? I am almost kinda happy to be out of town so I'll miss the round with aggreen tomorrow. Is a Par 2 like mispelling your business name these days? Do people think they are just oh so savvy? I saw a sign for Exquizite Cuts the other day.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:08 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 26.1
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Number 8 is a bear- twice now I've spent 30 minutes looking for a disc that fell within 4 ft of the fairway, both times on the right side. This area is not allowed by Parks and Rec to be trimmed and its thick with ivy, bracken, and so many thorns. Those who play it have been tending to play the "upper deck," the flat grassy area next to the picnic areas. However, as those areas "belong" to the shelters, they are technically OB. That leaves a 15 ft wide fairway and a 50 degree sloped hillside covered in high grass, small trees, and more thorns. This park and course should be called "Thornwoods," lol.

I want to like this hole, and I want to play it, but I've already lost $50 worth of plastic on this course and I can't recommend 8 unless you use a brightly colored disc and have a spotter. I bought a broom to use to help sweep pads and help retrieve discs. Some of the other hole roughs are getting beaten down due to use, but so many are avoiding 8 the same cannot be said. I think the biggest problem facing the hole, and one that will persist when it finally is cleared, is that you cannot see where your disc lands due to its snakelike design. I can't play a whole round tomorrow, and though I'm home most of the day I have to leave around 2, but if you need someone to spot for you PM me- I live across the street and it takes 3 minutes to get there to watch you throw.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 201
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

Sounds like a sweet 17 hole course.

Thanks for the forewarning and hints. I'll be sure to throw my buddy's discs off that tee.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:47 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 197
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the spotting offer, but I will have the infamous Royal with me - I will send him to spot and never hear from him again.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:59 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 26.1
Courses Played: 50
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

No! No! No!

Not already!!! Two weeks and you stoner jerks are already littering and leaving your bongs on a beautiful new golf course? Same goes for you alcoholics that can’t go 18 holes without a beer. Let me run it down for you jerks: alcohol is not allowed in city parks, marijuana is not allowed in North Carolina, and littering is not allowed anywhere in this entire country. If you think Parks and Rec is going to put up with the few stupid disc golfers who can’t pick up after themselves leaving trash on their crown jewel of a park, you are dead wrong. DO NOT let me catch you littering on this course. I will happily come to court with the officer who arrests you for littering after I call the police out.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:00 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 49.2
Courses Played: 75
Niced 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Jason's Right, You Know

That's why on the front page of the score card, as it will be on the course overview sign, it is stated in big capital letters, DO NOT LITTER! And it also states that if you have trash that would give anyone a reason to speak ill of our sport or its players, PACK IT OUT! If I catch such a culprit, I probably won't be as civilized about it as Jason, by just calling the police and going to court.