Old 10-26-2019, 04:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 19.5
Courses Played: 167
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 468 Times in 214 Posts

Best case scenario is that Ricky is getting proper medical treatment but, for whatever reason, is reluctant to post about it on social media.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2019, 04:40 PM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 1
Niced 1,190 Times in 605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Shoulder View Post
What do we know?
Jesus would have survived the crucifixion, but he kept taking antibiotics for bronchitis.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-26-2019, 06:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.6
Courses Played: 194
Niced 143 Times in 80 Posts

Ricky probably took some antibiotics and is probably getting a good laugh watching all the speculation unfold on here while he recovers.

Niced: (2)
Old 10-26-2019, 06:20 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 64
Niced 145 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG_player View Post
A prophylactic antibiotic dose is recommended for Lyme prevention. If you want to waste 2 or 3 hours of your day every time you have a tick on you to go to urgent care or your doctors and answer the same questions go for it. Personally I'm going to save myself the time and just take the antibiotic myself.

The only thing he had wrong was you don't need to take it for ticks you found and removed the same day, since it takes 24+ hours for them to infect you.
If you read all the posts I put up you will find that bit of info in there as well. Thanks for the vindication.
Old 10-26-2019, 06:40 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 64
Niced 145 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmc View Post
Agree.

DO NOT LISTEN TO PEARLYBAKERBEST. He is NOT a doctor, and he does not know what he is talking about.
How do you know if I am a doctor or not? Seems like you're the one who doesn't know if what they're posting is true. Recommending people follow cdc guidelines for a prophylactic dose of doxy is far from bad advice. Like dg_player said, if you wanna drive in your car,wait in line and then shell out a copay to get a single dose 2 pill script from an urgent care doc every time you get bit go ahead. My doctor has no problem with writing me a supply of doxy so I don't have to.

Old 10-26-2019, 06:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 29
Niced 148 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlybakerbest View Post
How do you know if I am a doctor or not? Seems like you're the one who doesn't know if what they're posting is true. Recommending people follow cdc guidelines for a prophylactic dose of doxy is far from bad advice. Like dg_player said, if you wanna drive in your car,wait in line and then shell out a copay to get a single dose 2 pill script from an urgent care doc every time you get bit go ahead. My doctor has no problem with writing me a supply of doxy so I don't have to.
Cool story bro. You certainly are not a doctor. No doctor would go around telling people on a DG board just to take some antibiotics if you think you got a tick bite. Let me just run down a few reasons why this is idiotic advice. MOST people don't live where Lyme disease is even an issue. Only certain types of ticks carry the bacteria that can lead to Lyme disease. Over use, and incorrect use of antibiotics adds to the problem of antibiotic resistant bacteria. Part of the CDC guidelines includes getting a diagnosis from a medical professional not some jackoff on a DG board.

Niced: (2)
Closed Thread