Old Today, 10:34 AM
Par Member

Niced 262 Times in 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepi View Post
How do you go with the grip pressure Bradley? Do you gradually build it to hit or keep same pressure throughout the throw?

I haven't been able to get my arc to my front side yet but sometimes feel like the disc slips a little when it's more on the front side.

That is GOOD!!! That means you are doing it right. Of course it wants to slip, you are applying more force than ever.

I am going to redefine disc golf instruction. I have decided. Video evidence shows that the classic teachings are simply wrong in the modern era.
Sponsored Links
Old Today, 10:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.2
Courses Played: 215
Niced 1,522 Times in 1,011 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyzerUniBomber View Post
Yeah, Danny was doing the wall drill incorrectly. You’re supposed to do the drill at the end of the wall, so the arc can swing where the wall would be. Still a great drill for straightening out issues with rounding.
I like it to help straighten up your posture and keep the backswing and transition inside(stop rounding early).

No drill is perfect. That's why they are drills and exaggerate certain parts of the throw.

Niced: (2)

Last edited by sidewinder22; Today at 10:43 AM.
Old Today, 11:20 AM

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Personally I grip loosely from start (not to tighten muscles, especially those I will not use in forward vaction, the "antagonists"), then gradually increase pressure. I realize when now trying to swing like Bradley says, I have to grip much much harder then I am used to. Grip lock? No!; I cannot hold the disc, it releases nicely. It is tons of more swing weight in this action... Now I must practice again... kind of square 1 (again)...but funny thing also is that it seems already more consistent in terms of release direction...but maybe next week I am in the trees again... I have patience though, preparing for next season :-)
Old Today, 11:23 AM
Par Member

Niced 262 Times in 100 Posts

[QUOTE=Peder;3357069]but funny thing also is that it seems already more consistent in terms of release direction.../QUOTE]

YES!!!

Because a wide arc throw is NATURAL. It is a throw, which is a perfectly natural action.

Not trying to start a lawn mower. Which is just weird.
Old Today, 11:48 AM

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Ahh... Thanks Bradley! I am even more inspired now, to practice and improve. "lawn mower" (ha ha!!)

Niced: (1)
Old Today, 11:50 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 59
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 104 Times in 62 Posts

Great thread. I've been trying to apply this technique for the last couple weeks, and I'm definitely seeing some gains. Still not quite right, but getting close.

Niced: (1)

Old Today, 06:48 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 36
Niced 53 Times in 42 Posts

Good to see you back, Brad! I remember you back on DGR. I used a different username (sunspot) back then.

This new video cleared up some confusion I had concerning the closed shoulder. I was definitely doing the "chicken wing" throw without realizing that it was creating a small arc. Seeing and feeling the difference between the open and closed shoulder is a huge difference.

Anyway, can't wait to get some practice in.