Courses Played: 48
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 821 Times in 561 Posts

Opto? VIP? What's going on in here?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2015, 11:43 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,590 Times in 1,647 Posts

Has anyone had Lucid beat in a bit? I've got a heavy Lucid in the bag for ~6 months, and also just recently hit something full power right off the tee and I can't figure out if it's lost fade or if I'm just "used" to it now and it seems mellow. I use it for the ~250-315' range generally, and the further it goes the less it tends to fade.

I'm using it more and more on straighter shots now, and I'm just not sure if it's because I've beat it in, or if I'm just so used to trusting its flight path and know it can just get out there on a low and hard shot, and hit the ground before it fades. The HSS still seems pretty great.

Either way, I love this mold and can't see myself switching to anything any time soon. Anything that would make me want to switch would have to be pretty amazing...
Old 03-20-2015, 12:33 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

The lucid that I've used the most lost just a tick of hss but it still doesn't want to track in a headwind...it'll carry a flex anny a little longer now but still fights out of it. I pretty much always have these on low lines except for a couple holes, but the fade seems about the same as when it was new. I do think it fades a little less when I get a good solid rip with good spin, but that's me, and that's most discs. This mold had better stick around for a long time. Not too many discs I feel that way about.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:38 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 3
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes, my Proto Lucid has been in my bag for over a year and seems to be holding lines longer and fading more gently, but still very predictable like you mentioned (give it more power and it holds longer). I tend to use my Proto for slightly longer straight-to-hyzer shots and my stock Lucid for pure hyzers and wind fighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowplastic View Post
Has anyone had Lucid beat in a bit? I've got a heavy Lucid in the bag for ~6 months, and also just recently hit something full power right off the tee and I can't figure out if it's lost fade or if I'm just "used" to it now and it seems mellow. I use it for the ~250-315' range generally, and the further it goes the less it tends to fade.

I'm using it more and more on straighter shots now, and I'm just not sure if it's because I've beat it in, or if I'm just so used to trusting its flight path and know it can just get out there on a low and hard shot, and hit the ground before it fades. The HSS still seems pretty great.

Either way, I love this mold and can't see myself switching to anything any time soon. Anything that would make me want to switch would have to be pretty amazing...
Old 04-01-2015, 10:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.1
Courses Played: 65
Niced 115 Times in 85 Posts

Lets wake this up. It seems to be the most current (only?) verdict thread.

I have finally put an OS mid back in the bag and its the verdict. For a while there I was throwing the Harp, xxx, PD or FD (not second runs) for all the shots I would have normally thrown a stable mid.
The problem with all that is I have always relied heavily on my mids, especially powered up. Then when I did my last bag overhaul this slot got missed.

I tried a lot of discs and have finally settled it. I have been a buzzz guy on and off since the first runs. The verdict is a great compliment, it goes nearly as far, but holds a hyzer, flexes out and fades predictably. I have tried Roc, Roc3, Pain, Shark3, Bard, Wasp, Hornet, Sentinel and others. I have not bagged a very overtable mid (gator/drone) for a long time (since the Zone was released). The verdict barely beat out the shark3, availability and plastics were the final decider. The verdict was also slightly more forgiving (touch too much hyzer flips up anyway ect). The shark3 held perfect hyzers though.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:02 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 16 Times in 9 Posts

Did they ever make the Verdict in a base plastic? Classic? That would make me spend money for sure...
Old 04-02-2015, 09:57 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 83
Niced 320 Times in 217 Posts

They have not yet, but a board flat Prime Verdict is due. If you have seen the way the Prime Truths mold up and they way they are board flat, then it should follow that a Prime Verdict should be something that a lot of people would be interested in. Myself included.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:39 PM
Birdie Member

Niced 16 Times in 9 Posts

Prime? That was that really cheap stuff that gets beat up really fast, right? Then I rather have classic.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:06 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 3
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes, several of us waiting on some kind of base-plastic (or 'Pro' level) Verdict in order to season it and carry only Verdicts. In the mean time I keep beating up my Prototype and keep a fresh Lucid for OS and a Truth for US/straight. My Proto is one of my most used discs now - getting to that great 'extra glide' and softer fade level of wear; very easy to shape lines with.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,590 Times in 1,647 Posts

I haven't thrown a Truth, but what is the appeal of a beat Verdict compared to a Truth?

Also, is the Truth as fast as the Verdict/have to be thrown as hard to hold straight?