Old 08-17-2014, 08:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 8 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedg1976 View Post
When I first got my Chief, I was a little worried about straight putting with it. I like a deeper rim for putting. What I have found is that the Chief is a great tweener mold for me. It is just between a mid and putter for me. This is extremely useful for my game. I can even sidearm this disc pretty reliably. And my sidearm sucks. Bad. Once they do a big release of platinum evo, I can see the Chief in premium and base being huge in my bag.
So I've been messing around with the chief all week for upshots and driving off the tee on short holes. OMG - WOW - I'm in love. Can't wait for my 2 others to come in (mine is black - silly tourney discs).

I absolutely love it for FH upshots. First time I've been able to reliably FH a putter and it has saved me a few strokes this week alone. Comes out nice and clean, feels great, and has just enough stability to deal with my crappy FH form.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2014, 01:23 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 4
Niced 57 Times in 41 Posts

These go perfect with the Summits I putt with. Been searching for something similar to a Summit for more stable drives. Everything else that was similar in size was a little too stable. Chief is really close in size and just the right stability, I am liking mine a lot.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:27 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I ordered two protos from the GGGT and I have to say that I like these a lot. Shallow, stable and grippy - I'm in love

I'm wondering when the production versions will be available at worldwide and when the Gateway will release these at evolution plastic? Have you noticed that there isn't any information about Chief putters at Gateways homepage?
Old 08-30-2014, 05:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 229
Niced 30 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Alte View Post
I ordered two protos from the GGGT and I have to say that I like these a lot. Shallow, stable and grippy - I'm in love

I'm wondering when the production versions will be available at worldwide and when the Gateway will release these at evolution plastic? Have you noticed that there isn't any information about Chief putters at Gateways homepage?
There are already some Evo Chiefs out there. They come out with a slight dome. I'm not sure how you would get them in Finland, though.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:14 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5QU166Y View Post
There are already some Evo Chiefs out there. They come out with a slight dome. I'm not sure how you would get them in Finland, though.
Call Gateway directly.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:09 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.6
Niced 144 Times in 100 Posts

i picked up one today and been putting with it and really like it. cant wait to throw it.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 52
Niced 3,971 Times in 2,110 Posts

My friend just got one of these because his nickname is chief, and he liked the stamp. I have been telling him he needs a more OS putter to pair with his aviars. But he doesn't like the feel of a rhino or pig. Are these more OS than a KC aviar? If so, more envy or zone like?
Old 09-23-2014, 10:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 34
Niced 344 Times in 216 Posts

I just got one of these from Next Adventure. It's a purple disc with a pink rim and inner pink circle. Very unique and 1990s looking. It's a bottom stamp. I bought it because it felt so unique, the need and rounded nose feel like a judge BUT it so much shallower.

Can't wait to try it out. It's also super stiff and very fingerprinty, what plastic type is that?
Old 09-23-2014, 10:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 6
Niced 45 Times in 28 Posts

Got an evo chief last week from RDG. It is a pink 173. It has a slight dome as compared to the sure grip. I threw this thing in to 15mph headwinds on Friday and all it did to the disc was make it fly dead nuts straight. Threw it in calmer conditions on Sunday and had some absolutely amazing upshots and one pretty amazing drive. In calmer condition the evo has a tick more fade than the sure grip. I know RDG has some more so if anyone is looking check them out. I personally have found my go to premi plastic putter. Even with the little bit of dome they are incredibly shallow and easy to grip. I truly love this disc. Sure grip for up shots that need to stick and putts and evo for everything else.

Old 09-23-2014, 11:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.6
Niced 144 Times in 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by @iDiscGolf View Post
I just got one of these from Next Adventure. It's a purple disc with a pink rim and inner pink circle. Very unique and 1990s looking. It's a bottom stamp. I bought it because it felt so unique, the need and rounded nose feel like a judge BUT it so much shallower.

Can't wait to try it out. It's also super stiff and very fingerprinty, what plastic type is that?
next adventure is where i got mine as well it is green and brown with a bottom stamp and stiff as hell.