Old 09-13-2013, 09:50 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 31
Niced 245 Times in 97 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscinFiend View Post
Not another ignorant thread about league players There's cocky, stuck up & stupid people in every part of life so just grow up & deal with it instead of complaining about it on a forum.
I love how you illustrated your point in the same post. Well played!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2013, 10:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.5
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 147 Times in 90 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbot View Post
I love how you illustrated your point in the same post. Well played!

Old 09-13-2013, 10:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 6
Niced 42 Times in 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
there's this really awesome site www.dgcoursereview.com where you can look up other courses to go play on the night they do dubs. you just go on there and there's a map you can check out and find other courses near you, it's super. there's also a forum you can get on and complain about things.

watch out for new013, dude is a dick sometimes.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 211
Niced 53 Times in 30 Posts

It's league night!!! That means fairly packed course and playing through would be pointless. Come another time or join up. I think a hard look in the mirror is in order before calling those dedicated to keeping the course in good shape douches.

More than likely these are the folks meeting early on Sunday or Saturday morning trimming trees, sinking in new pin placements, and taking care of the poison ivy and yellow jacket nests for you.

Sorry... but I think back to all my years of playing ball golf leagues and I don't recall anyone playing that night that wasn't in the league. Don't see why disc golf should be any different.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 211
Niced 53 Times in 30 Posts

Oh... and we did let a solo join our card of 3 this week in league to be nice. Course was packed with cards of three and losing daylight quickly. No way he could play through. Only way you could even get on the course is because of the long walk between 18 and 1... so I guess he snuck in there.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:39 PM
Big Country

Years Playing: 27.5
Courses Played: 52
Niced 165 Times in 92 Posts

Its public land.

Most leagues dont rent. And any league Ive ever shown up at/been a part if/been invited to are full or people like are posting in this thread. Very dedicated, but also very holier than thou. Deal with it or play elsewheren because its never gonna change.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 20 Times in 16 Posts

I too hate league players, so I don't go in league nights easy enough. I'm sure individually they are cool, but together leagues can be stand off ish.

Even at my local shop when the league is getting their cards etc. total d bags. All of them. Have Tuesdays ill take the other six days and a different course.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 83
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

instead of playing through, ever consider skipping ahead of them? if your answer is "there's another group in front of them" i suggest joining the league... sounds like they got a good thing going.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:51 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 31.6
Courses Played: 208
Niced 13 Times in 8 Posts

After my long post in another forum, I should probably keep my mouth shut. But I think that league night should probably be avoided by anyone not playing in that league. It's unfortunate as it limits your options but it really seems disruptive to what is already a busy scenario. I don't play leagues so I just stay away on league nights. It would be disappointing if I had traveled a long way to get there. And if the local course starts having events every night that would get annoying as well. BUt I just find another course to play (I hope there are others nearby) and just avoid the confusion.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 83
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 3 Times in 3 Posts

as a club events director, it's very frustrating to hear people feel alienated from joining a league. its kinda like when i was 7 and afraid of roller coasters, and all my friends would go ride without me while i sat with my grandma feeding pigeons cold french fries. Then one day i got the courage to ride one and i had the most fun i ever had and became addicted to riding roller coasters.