Old 08-09-2019, 07:34 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 101 Times in 71 Posts

I have zero bias with any company. The Judge is a good disc as well as the Warden. If you were to look at my bag, it would be mostly Innova, some Lat64, one maybe 2 DD discs. I don't get why people judge (no pun intended) other people for liking something else. Everyone is different.

I love the feel of DX, Star, Gold Line, Fuzion, Zero Medium and Classic Blend plastic. I will use a certain kind of plastic/mold depending on the weather for the most part.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 08-09-2019, 07:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 91
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,019 Times in 509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
preds never got the cornermarket on the game cuz the rim is too pointy and fb is more comfortable for fh and bh

pred flies great but feels like crap
subjective

I have exactly the opposite opinion
Old 08-09-2019, 09:27 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 59
Niced 135 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
Dude, this isn't even close to true. Do you people even look at disc profiles before posting?
Only on the weekends

They are similar, just as the Wizard is similar to the Big Bead or PA3, Clozer, or

My point is that without Innova, DG wouldn't be where we are today.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 192
Niced 1,640 Times in 954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
subjective

I have exactly the opposite opinion
is it subjective i could take a disc golf rim pointiness measuring tool to prove it
Old 08-09-2019, 10:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 48
Niced 798 Times in 544 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ontheline View Post
Only on the weekends

They are similar, just as the Wizard is similar to the Big Bead or PA3, Clozer, or

My point is that without Innova, DG wouldn't be where we are today.
I agree with your last statement, but the molds are not similar.

Old 08-09-2019, 11:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 19
Niced 978 Times in 564 Posts

Quote:
is it subjective i could take a disc golf rim pointiness measuring tool to prove it
Ok Casey, where is the punctuation? I have no idea how to read the above statement.

Sorry, that was a little low.

Old 08-09-2019, 11:23 AM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,350 Times in 684 Posts

Quote:
discraft would make bank if they just had a smooth transition into regular production run x wasp without the price gouging

no x quality disc is worth 20 especially with the market so saturated i can just go with another company for half price and get a close enough flying disc like the rock3

i thought there was white esps but i couldnt recall if it was tourney run or production
I agree with you, but if no one buys the overpriced testers, Discraft isn't going to even consider production runs. Discraft doesn't need Wasp money. They're going to make you work for it. Give a little now to get what you want down the line.

That said, $20 is stupid expensive for a disc that would more than likely spend several years in your bag...

Niced: (1)
Old 08-09-2019, 11:40 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 25
Niced 716 Times in 614 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
I agree with you, but if no one buys the overpriced testers, Discraft isn't going to even consider production runs. Discraft doesn't need Wasp money. They're going to make you work for it. Give a little now to get what you want down the line.

That said, $20 is stupid expensive for a disc that would more than likely spend several years in your bag...
However an ESP Wasp would not fly all that well as a more OS Wasp in ESP would turn it into a Drone kind of disc flight. However a X Wasp flies like a Z Wasp but with more glide so it does not do the stall drop when visibly to the eye loosing spin. Sad because I loved the old Elite X Wasp, Problem was mine was too light at 166 grams so it would not fight wind the way a Wasp is supposed to. The Z Wasp I have at 172 grams was too slick and would slip out of hand. I never like the ROC due to it's nose being more pointy and making the wing feel odd in hand due to the angle it was at as well as the slightly smaller rim also making the wing odd in hand.

Thanks to players like Nate Doss and former Discraft player liking Eric McCabe the having the Buzzz in the bag, the sales of that mold went though the roof so the idea to make other plastic for the Wasp after it came out first in the old Elite Z was dropped as Discraft focused on the Buzzz mold making the OS and US Buzzz as well.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 91
Niced 1,019 Times in 509 Posts

Quote:
maybe, but comfort level is subjective at best

back on topic - the judge is very popular in the midwest for obvious reasons, not so much in the great lakes region, from what I can tell

Niced: (1)

Old 08-09-2019, 01:03 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 16.2
Courses Played: 25
Niced 716 Times in 614 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorB View Post
maybe, but comfort level is subjective at best

back on topic - the judge is very popular in the Midwest/Prairie states for obvious reasons, not so much in the great lakes region, from what I can tell
It is popular in Midwest or Upper Prairie states sure but not as much as one might think, I see people using the MVP/Axiom putter that is closest to a Wizard more and more due to the fact that MVP/Axiom is about the second or third closest company to Where I livein Pierre South Dakota that does not make gimmick discs like Quest AT. Back in the 2000's lots of people Used a Lighting disc or two due to the fact they were also a Plains state now not so much since the brand is OOP they think the discs when a mold sells out of discs on GGGT that mold will be gone forever. Now The Swedish Trilogy and the MVP trilogy are becoming the most popular. Fewer and fewer players use Discraft due to Dynamic Discs but a number in my area still use Innova molds and Millennium, well mostly the Hyzerbomb discs due to those discs being the only thing one can buy in my area for actual discs. The least popular mold that people use is in my area is the #2 Upshotor U-2 as I am the only one who uses the mold, though you see others using the Colt or the MVP/Axiom disc similar to the U-2 quite regularly. A few have started using the Bullfrog a similar flight to the Judge only due to the fact the disc is available right away to buy.