Old 10-05-2020, 05:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 213
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 634 Times in 374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve West View Post
So you would be OK if the 2m rule was always in effect, but only for the trees the TD specifies?
I would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSMGS18 View Post
Restrict OHs to scramble shots only. For me, if I have to throw an OH, I'm either off the fairway in jail, or the hole has no good line to the basket other than that.

Also ratings cap some age divisions (MA40 for example).

Both of these are directly related to a local guy plaiying MA40 instead of MA1 and placing 1 back of a sponsered pro who played MPO on the same layout.
Nope. He's 40. and an amateur. Give him a break.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2020, 06:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,668 Times in 923 Posts

Quote:

Both of these are directly related to a local guy plaiying MA40 instead of MA1 and placing 1 back of a sponsered pro who played MPO on the same layout.
Here in the DFW area we have 40, 50, 55+ ams who are rated 940,950+. It just looks silly for them to be competing in local c-tiers against guys 50-90+ points BELOW their rating. The ones that don't register until the division is close to being full (of much less rated players), well.....winning plastic appears to be fantastic.

I had one 940+ rated am old dude guy that I've played with several times in the past ask me why I'm playing intermediate now days and not in the age protected divisions. I said "probably the same reason you aren't playing advanced". lol..
Old 10-05-2020, 06:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:

Here in the DFW area we have 40, 50, 55+ ams who are rated 940,950+. It just looks silly for them to be competing in local c-tiers against guys 50-90+ points BELOW their rating. The ones that don't register until the division is close to being full (of much less rated players), well.....winning plastic appears to be fantastic.

I had one 940+ rated am old dude guy that I've played with several times in the past ask me why I'm playing intermediate now days and not in the age protected divisions. I said "probably the same reason you aren't playing advanced". lol..

Quote:
Originally Posted by araytx View Post
Quoted for attention...
This is not a dig at you btw, you're one of the few that will typically move up or play pro when available.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-07-2020, 06:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 213
Niced 634 Times in 374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post

This is not a dig at you btw, you're one of the few that will typically move up or play pro when available.
Thanks. I've even played up sometimes with no return possible other than a trophy -- which I did get once! yay!

Niced: (1)
Old 10-08-2020, 11:07 AM
Flippy Flopper

Years Playing: 27.5
Courses Played: 143
Niced 1,215 Times in 504 Posts

Quote:
I 100% support never forcing a player to play a pro division.

However, I strongly believe that amateur age protected divisions should have rating caps in B and C tiers.

Old 10-08-2020, 11:28 AM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 31.7
Courses Played: 711
Niced 2,683 Times in 1,125 Posts

Quote:

Age protected players not playing pro age protected divisions, with high enough ratings to contend, isn't as much of an issue as the reason why lower rated age protected players complain about those players when they have the opportunity to contend in the appropriate MA2, MA3, MA4 division and don't enter there. The underlying social factor is few men over age 40 seem to enjoy playing with men under age 40 even if their skill levels are similar.

Niced: (2)
Old 10-08-2020, 02:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
Age protected players not playing pro age protected divisions, with high enough ratings to contend, isn't as much of an issue as the reason why lower rated age protected players complain about those players when they have the opportunity to contend in the appropriate MA2, MA3, MA4 division and don't enter there. The underlying social factor is few men over age 40 seem to enjoy playing with men under age 40 even if their skill levels are similar.
I used to buy into this same line of thinking until I realized the level of commitment to the game it takes for anyone to become advanced rated, especially at age 40+. No reason for them not to be competing against other advanced rated players, regardless of age.
Old 10-09-2020, 03:18 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 18
Niced 83 Times in 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan27 View Post
Personally I think they should limit the number of disc you can carry to say 7 (arbitrary but maybe even less). If you can't make most shots you need with that amount then you should have to improve your technique
I agree that there should be a limit but 7 seems kind of low. I would say no more than 12.
Old 10-09-2020, 06:28 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,213 Times in 1,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discraft Dad View Post
I agree that there should be a limit but 7 seems kind of low. I would say no more than 12.
I say no more then 20 discs, it is NOT TRADITIONAL GOLF where the ball is not a club unlike like Disc golf where the Disc is thrown.

Old 10-09-2020, 06:43 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,213 Times in 1,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MTL_ View Post
I 100% support never forcing a player to play a pro division.

However, I strongly believe that amateur age protected divisions should have rating caps in B and C tiers.
I do not think the 40 Age protected divisions should have rating cap maybe one to play the age group down but that they need to have intermediate and advanced for the age protected divisions with the ones under the max age group having a beginner/rec combo as well. The youth under 18 age divisions should have a rating cap for the age group, that is the lower end of the non age division groups if they could fall under the Rec-Am 1 divisions as one of the max ratings for a youth age divisions.