Old 10-14-2020, 09:50 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.5
Courses Played: 250
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,602 Times in 1,594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney View Post
This is my take as well. Just pay attention to science and take meaningful precautions.

Masks and social distancing will buy us time to figure this thing out.

The people that are against taking precautions are becoming the reason our "freedoms" are being taken away.

The precautions we need to take are for any new virus , including the ones that havent arrived yet. The ones your children, or their children, will have to deal with.

Taking a side is the problem. Its like there are two groups. People that think 2+2=3 and people that think 2+2=5.....

All that i am saying is why dont we all look at the math??? And use what we learn towards navigating this mess.
Guilty. I certainly have been a continued proponent of lockdowns. Of, course I don't want to see anyone's livelihood destroyed, but I will continue to oppose the opening of movies, gyms, churches and those indoor higher populated opportunities for superspreading.

I do believe lockdowns should have been able to be eased, but this nation did not seem to be capable of doing the few things needed for this to happen AND continue to decrease the infection rate. Absurd resistance to masks, distancing and common sense is certainly one big factor.

Another, that we don't discuss here a lot is testing. I cannot fathom, how this nation has utterly failed to institute high volume testing and a comprehensive tracing system. It is mind boggling. I do think a lack of cooperation by our denier population comes into play here as well, but it sadly seems like a lack of leadership and planning. Not trying to make this a Trump thing, just musing on how much more the economy, could have safely been kickstarted, with a comprehensive testing program. Here is an op-ed type piece that touches on the economy vs life topic. Interesting read.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/swedish-c...090039825.html
Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2020, 10:05 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.5
Courses Played: 250
Niced 4,602 Times in 1,594 Posts

To highlight my concerns. Michigan just opened the last large sector of business within the last couple weeks. Seems imprudent in the light of the pending flu season, but..... Here are some of the latest numbers from the Mitten State.

The seven-day average for daily new cases through Tuesday now stands at 1,125 cases per day. For the first 13 days of October, the daily average is 1,001 cases per day.

The October trend is a 35% increase over September's daily average of 740 cases. The daily average for August was 673.

The state is averaging 89 cases per million people per day.
Old 10-14-2020, 10:07 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 145
Niced 1,279 Times in 643 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
The state is averaging 89 cases per million people per day.
Well on your way to joining us over here in WI!

Our 7 day rolling average positivity rate is something absurd like 19%. And I bet in the GB area it's well over that.
Old 10-14-2020, 10:25 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 0.7
Courses Played: 2
Niced 434 Times in 213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roggenb3 View Post
Well on your way to joining us over here in WI!

Our 7 day rolling average positivity rate is something absurd like 19%. And I bet in the GB area it's well over that.
NBD. The virus is a hoax.

It’s just a cold.

It will magically disappear.

Sponsored by China.

To kill millions as a bio weapon.

No reason to be afraid.

We have cure. . Its pool cleaner. Bleach. Light bulbs. Hydroxychloroquine
Old 10-14-2020, 10:39 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 7
Niced 1,470 Times in 721 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmxer View Post
NBD. The virus is a hoax.

It’s just a cold.

It will magically disappear.

Sponsored by China.

To kill millions as a bio weapon.

No reason to be afraid.

We have cure. . Its pool cleaner. Bleach. Light bulbs. Hydroxychloroquine
Don't forget my favorites:
I voted for Trump, I can't get Coronavirus.

It'll all disappear completely after election day.
Old 10-14-2020, 10:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.4
Courses Played: 145
Niced 1,279 Times in 643 Posts

It's a blessing from God.
Old 10-14-2020, 10:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 40.7
Courses Played: 96
Niced 2,534 Times in 969 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub

Grocery shopping yesterday was a little different. It has been only 1 or 2 people not wearing a mask but yesterday I would estimate about 10% were not wearing one. Sad to see it take a step backwards.
Old 10-14-2020, 10:56 AM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 333
Niced 4,764 Times in 2,075 Posts

I realize it's often difficult to separate discussion of the pandemic from the government's response, as well as individual citizens' responses (which often seem to reflect thier political beliefs), but...

Let's please keep the political persoectives in the Political forum, where they belong.

Niced: (2)
Old 10-14-2020, 10:58 AM
Par Member

Niced 72 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Guilty. I certainly have been a continued proponent of lockdowns. Of, course I don't want to see anyone's livelihood destroyed, but I will continue to oppose the opening of movies, gyms, churches and those indoor higher populated opportunities for superspreading.

I do believe lockdowns should have been able to be eased, but this nation did not seem to be capable of doing the few things needed for this to happen AND continue to decrease the infection rate. Absurd resistance to masks, distancing and common sense is certainly one big factor.

Another, that we don't discuss here a lot is testing. I cannot fathom, how this nation has utterly failed to institute high volume testing and a comprehensive tracing system. It is mind boggling. I do think a lack of cooperation by our denier population comes into play here as well, but it sadly seems like a lack of leadership and planning. Not trying to make this a Trump thing, just musing on how much more the economy, could have safely been kickstarted, with a comprehensive testing program. Here is an op-ed type piece that touches on the economy vs life topic. Interesting read.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/swedish-c...090039825.html
“Denier population”.......didn’t you mean free thinking? To be ruled over is equal to being a slave, KILL YOUR TELEVISION bumper sticker from the 80’s is still relevant to elude mind control

Old 10-14-2020, 11:02 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 25.4
Courses Played: 127
Niced 5,447 Times in 2,106 Posts

Quote:

Another, that we don't discuss here a lot is testing. I cannot fathom, how this nation has utterly failed to institute high volume testing and a comprehensive tracing system. It is mind boggling. I do think a lack of cooperation by our denier population comes into play here as well, but it sadly seems like a lack of leadership and planning. Not trying to make this a Trump thing, just musing on how much more the economy, could have safely been kickstarted, with a comprehensive testing program.
Yes, absolutely, this too.

Sad that it didn't have to be this way. We could have exited our relatively soft lockdowns, had we done it smartly, and with everyone aboard.

Niced: (2)