Old 05-22-2010, 09:55 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 10 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
The secret to prevent sweaty hands is rub anti-persperant (like Secret or Old Spice "bam bam bam") on hands and rub it in. No Mo Sweat. Yes, really!
Am I the only person here whose palms don't sweat? I've sometimes wondered whether some people actually have sweat glands on their palms or if they just have trouble with the sweat running down from the back of their hands. Might not be a savory topic, but I am curious.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2010, 10:47 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 47.4
Courses Played: 8
Niced 112 Times in 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
Am I the only person here whose palms don't sweat? I've sometimes wondered whether some people actually have sweat glands on their palms or if they just have trouble with the sweat running down from the back of their hands. Might not be a savory topic, but I am curious.
I have sweaty hands and not from runoff. When I wear work gloves I have to change them often to let them dry. Hell, I just sweat a lot. In the summer I carry two bandannas.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.5
Courses Played: 131
Niced 191 Times in 98 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscJunkie View Post
I got a golf towel from Wal-Mart. It comes with a grommet and clip and matches the color on my bag and it was $5.
I also did this... very happy.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:40 PM

Years Playing: 15.8
Courses Played: 63
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donovan View Post
The secret to prevent sweaty hands is rub anti-persperant (like Secret or Old Spice "bam bam bam") on hands and rub it in. No Mo Sweat. Yes, really!
Why not just get a birdie bag? They're like $3 and they rule.

As for a towel,I keep a golf towel clipped to my bag, and some cheap microfiber ones in the bag. When it rains, dry it as good as I can with the towel, then throw the birdie bag against it to take care of the rest of the water before I throw.
Old 07-27-2018, 04:36 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I apologize for bump just my two cents...
There are lots of things that are labelled microfibre towels - not all are soft, and the sizes can be disappointing. The cheaper microfibre towels are made from a 'towel' like fabric and are good at drying you but take longer to dry out, so I wouldn't take them camping.

The soft Trek towels are good, and work very well. They dry you very quickly. Although they are expensive they last a long time (more likely to lose it than wear it out!). Check the measurements for each towel as the hand towel is very small.

The same material that is used in the soft Trek towels are used in the microfibre towels sold by seller: splaasssh
on ebay - they have a medium sized one for !!!163;9.25, which is cheaper than the soft Trek ones.

We have both Trek towels https://womentake.com/best-gym-towel/ and the ones that are sold by splaasssh, and use them for camping and normal use - great for the kids to use for swimming lessons at school, saves them lugging a heavy wet towel around. The kids love them because they are soft. They are a dream to launder, they dry so quickly, great in wintertime. Also,Years ago, I got a small camp towel that was made of non-reinforced PVA (Polyvinyl Acetal). It was OK for those times when I really didn't want to deal with a wet towel, but the thing wasn't very durable and wasn't treated with anything to keep fungus from building up, so had to put it in non-chlorine bleach every other month or so.

Fast forward a couple of decades, and now for the past year I've been using only these PVA ( 100% with synthetic fiber mesh reinforced) towels to dry off after swimming or after taking showers. Saves energy, too, as there are no wet cotton towels to dry. Perhaps twice a year, I've put the less used PVA towels in non-chlorine bleach as sometimes fungus spots pop up.

Last edited by Ynonge; 07-27-2018 at 04:39 AM.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:06 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 102
Niced 1,051 Times in 476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkcro View Post
...Someone I know uses a towel that has some bamboo in it and he claims it's the best towel he's ever used.
I've been carrying these the past few weeks and I really like them. I found them in my grocery store.

We have a lot of dusty courses here, and I was always using the bottom of my T-shirt before every throw to clean my disc. Now I just keep one of these in my back pocket. Plus they're machine washable.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg bamboo2.jpg (51.5 KB, 55 views)
Old 10-15-2020, 09:36 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 0.8
Courses Played: 2
Niced 487 Times in 234 Posts

bought 100 cotton utility towels from Sams. Don't remember the price, but probably $10-15. I sweat pretty heavy, so during the heat and humidity of the summer I use several just trying to keep my hands and face wiped off so I can see. I carry 4 or so. If I need to wipe of the disc, then I pull a clean one for my hands/face. They work great. Wash easy. If one get's lost or too nasty for some reason, throw it away.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-16-2020, 02:22 AM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,213 Times in 1,000 Posts

Since 2000's I have used the Big Wilson Golf towel Found at Walmart, however they are not white like before but all black with red Wilson Stiched into them. I also have a Old Club Shirt from 2008 that was an XXL that nobody wanted or needed since the brand of shirt ran large, the guy who thought he might need the XXL traded for an XL. I cut the sleeves off and got a Carabiner for the shirt to hook to the bag, starting in mid 2017, this gets used for when the Wilson is too used or for strictly water/snow in those situations where the water is the issue. Then I Have a medium size Bandana found on course that I washed twice before it went into my bag permanently for when main two get wet.
Old 10-16-2020, 12:23 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 293 Times in 177 Posts

I keep getting towels in Player's Packs from tournaments I play it....so I've got a few of them. One thing I did to make it easy to carry/use a towel, was to take a larger mini, drill a hole at the top, and cut an X into the middle. I attached a carabiner to the hole I drilled and then pulled a towel through the X. I can use the towel while it is hanging on the bag, or I can pull it out from the mini and use it without having to unclip it.

Old 10-16-2020, 04:25 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 293 Times in 177 Posts

Here's two pictures of my towel holder. The X allows me to slide the towel through as much as I want so it doesn't hang so low it is on the ground.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201016_120934.jpg (86.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 20201016_120917.jpg (88.9 KB, 14 views)