Old 10-19-2020, 11:53 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,058 Times in 1,154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherBill View Post
Agreed. However, they make so many 'special runs' for their pros. And FPO have always gotten the short end of that stick (see Barsby v Val tour series issue a few years ago).
If a top FPO player sees an opportuntiy and gets an offer for 2-3 popular DM molds with their own stamp, I think it would be likely that at least one would make the jump, especially a Euro player.
But those “special runs” are often way to small and sells out in minutes..
Must be frustrating to Eagle and Simon that Discmania can’t get enough disc in stock.

I think Henna would be a good pick for DM and she might move discs.... Paige ability to sell disc might show other manufacturers that a woman can sell a lot of disc
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2020, 01:23 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 391 Times in 150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle pennybags View Post
There was an Innova commercal where he said that too!
There wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
I think Henna would be a good pick for DM and she might move discs.... Paige ability to sell disc might show other manufacturers that a woman can sell a lot of disc
I think the likelihood of someone going from one partner brand to another is really low. Not that it can't happen, but has anyone gone from Innova to DM or vice versa, or something like DD directly to L64?
Old 10-19-2020, 01:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,672 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perklc View Post
There wasn't.
huh? That was one of the most famous quotes McBeth ever said in a Innova commercial.
Old 10-19-2020, 01:32 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 391 Times in 150 Posts

It's a line people often misquote. He says something along the lines of "I don't see me DOING anything else" not throwing anything else.

Old 10-19-2020, 01:36 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 7
Niced 164 Times in 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
huh? That was one of the most famous quotes McBeth ever said in a Innova commercial.
He said “I don’t see myself doing anything else”. In my opinion, he was talking about playing disc golf, but it was edited in a way that makes it sound like he is saying he doesn’t see himself throwing any other brand. Paul’s the only one who can say for sure what he meant, but I also don’t think it really matters. Even if he definitely meant he doesn’t see himself throwing any other brand, that was an advertisement, and I’d expect a player to say something like that.

Niced: (1)

Last edited by Audible Vibration; 10-19-2020 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-19-2020, 01:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,672 Times in 925 Posts

hmm...very well could be clever editing. Need a video to reference... lol..

hmm...I thought he said.. ""i have always thrown innova. . i can΄t see myself doing anything else" still looking for a video...lol.. :P

Niced: (2)

Last edited by DiscFifty; 10-19-2020 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-19-2020, 02:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 326 Times in 162 Posts

As far as the special runs being too small and selling out too fast...

Obviously I’ve never laid my eyes on a sponsorship contract, but I would imagine any of them that include a tour series disc have a hard dollar cap for the year on sales. Purely as an example...say $10 of a $20 tour series disc goes to the player, contract states up to $15k of tour series support so only 1500 sold throughout the year. Otherwise you’d have an endless supply of Sexton firebirds and they’d still sell through and Nate wouldn’t have do anything but collect them cash moneys. That’s probably why sales are scattered throughout the year also, to have revenue for the players throughout the entire season.

Who knows, those hard cap numbers might not exist, or maybe they’re negotiable, or maybe they’re standard for all Team Star members and slightly less for Team Champion?

I know a lot of people don’t care for tour series stuff for a few different reasons...high price, limited availability, etc but personally I think they’re a good thing for the players. I definitely understand people being upset over extremely low inventory on stock plastic right now, but at the same time if contracts are in place for limited release stuff those need to be honored for the players’ behalf.

Old 10-21-2020, 05:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 144
Niced 1,041 Times in 482 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
hmm...very well could be clever editing. Need a video to reference... lol..

hmm...I thought he said.. ""i have always thrown innova. . i can΄t see myself doing anything else" still looking for a video...lol.. :P
He may have said those exact words in that exact order. It doesn't mean they weren't two separate thoughts.

Just sayin'
Old 10-21-2020, 08:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 655 Times in 278 Posts

It wasn’t a “video” per se, it was an Innova commercial that was used/aired in many different videos.

It could be understood either way, but I’ve always heard it as him saying that about disc golfing, not Innova.

Old 10-21-2020, 10:37 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 127 Times in 80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by perklc View Post
There wasn't.

I think the likelihood of someone going from one partner brand to another is really low. Not that it can't happen, but has anyone gone from Innova to DM or vice versa, or something like DD directly to L64?
A few years ago Chris Clemons went from lat64 to DD. Don’t know if he was on the top lat team at the time.