Old 08-17-2016, 08:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 210
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 205 Times in 125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRESH_WAVE View Post
I looked on their site and it wasn't listed as an option. Is it a special request type of thing?
Pick up the phone and call them is what he meant by order direct.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2016, 10:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 370 Times in 230 Posts

Yeah. Or message one of the guys on FB.
Old 08-20-2016, 02:51 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4 Times in 3 Posts

Thanks guys. I got mine a few days ago and they are great so far. Will have to buy a stack of them next time I get paid.
Old 10-15-2020, 12:10 PM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 14
Niced 762 Times in 295 Posts

https://reptiliandiscgolf.com/collec...iz-wiz-stamped

Dave finally got around to running us a new batch of Fossil Wizards. He was low on Talc so he cranked up the Santoprene in these.

They molded up with a noticeably larger shoulder than our previous Fossil runs, but still "low shouldered" in the Wizard world.

The plastic is stiff, velvety and incredibly nice feeling. It is very much like the less gritty, more rich feeling 11x Aviar plastic. At first I was thinking "This isn't Fossil" then after feeling them more, I kinda think it's our best plastic ever produced!

They also possess a nice amount of beef to them off the tee. Able to pull out of pretty hard forced annys.

Maybe our best run ever, albeit a little different than previous runs.

Check them out. We have x outs so they're cheap throwers!
Old 10-15-2020, 01:13 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 36
Niced 59 Times in 30 Posts

I just ordered 5. Can't wait to use them!
Old 10-15-2020, 03:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 210
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 205 Times in 125 Posts

oh dang! moved from Wiz/Warlock to just Warlocks about a year ago and may have to revert back on this promising news....
Old 10-19-2020, 06:13 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Niced 484 Times in 300 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassidy1990 View Post
https://reptiliandiscgolf.com/collec...iz-wiz-stamped

Dave finally got around to running us a new batch of Fossil Wizards. He was low on Talc so he cranked up the Santoprene in these.

They molded up with a noticeably larger shoulder than our previous Fossil runs, but still "low shouldered" in the Wizard world.

The plastic is stiff, velvety and incredibly nice feeling. It is very much like the less gritty, more rich feeling 11x Aviar plastic. At first I was thinking "This isn't Fossil" then after feeling them more, I kinda think it's our best plastic ever produced!

They also possess a nice amount of beef to them off the tee. Able to pull out of pretty hard forced annys.

Maybe our best run ever, albeit a little different than previous runs.

Check them out. We have x outs so they're cheap throwers!
Nabbed 2 for a friend who putts/throws Wizs. These things are pretty stiff, and almost feel like a blend between a base and premium plastic, but with really good grip.

Also interesting that on the back they were originally penned P(ure)W(hite) and then wiped and F(ossil?)'d over.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:29 PM
Reptilian Disc Golf

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 14
Niced 762 Times in 295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasissouth View Post
Nabbed 2 for a friend who putts/throws Wizs. These things are pretty stiff, and almost feel like a blend between a base and premium plastic, but with really good grip.

Also interesting that on the back they were originally penned P(ure)W(hite) and then wiped and F(ossil?)'d over.
Yeah when Dave ran them, I was very hesitant bc they weren't talc heavy. After months of deliberation I decided they were actually really nice.

Dave had already put PWP after we said we didn't want them. The one I had in my basement called to me and I started to appreciate how nice these truly are.

Niced: (1)
Old 10-19-2020, 08:31 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Niced 484 Times in 300 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcassidy1990 View Post
Yeah when Dave ran them, I was very hesitant bc they weren't talc heavy. After months of deliberation I decided they were actually really nice.

Dave had already put PWP after we said we didn't want them. The one I had in my basement called to me and I started to appreciate how nice these truly are.
I just thought it was a fun detail. They're by far the nicest wizards I've ever held. I'm not usually a Wiz fan, the bullet nose feels weird in my hand, but these feel amazing.

Old 10-19-2020, 09:25 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 68
Niced 34 Times in 25 Posts

I ordered three of the new run on Friday; they were on my doorstep at noon Monday. Great service from RDG!

This plastic is firm and feels good. As jcassidy said above, it is not the old fossil. I'm not familiar, specifically, with the 11x Aviar DX so I can't make that comparison. It does remind me of Innova putter DX. A few throws off the tee and it flew like ... a new Wizard; straight with a pronounced fade at 200-240 ft. Putting, it rang the chains and stayed put.

Reading the comment from Texasissouth, above, I took another look at mine and see the rubbed out "PW" and re-penned "F"(ossil) on the bottom. BUT ... this is NOT the same plastic as my PW Wizards; perhaps just an honest marking error from the factory.

These will make good additions to my herd of 30-35 Wizards. A plastic feel for any/all weather conditions; it's a feature, not a bug!

Edit: Just saw jcassidy's post above explaining the PW marking.