Old 10-28-2020, 09:21 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 375 Times in 174 Posts

First, the food stands will be additional obstacles around the basket, which increases challenge. Then you have to deal with the grease on your fingers and then also moderation. Eat too much fried cheese early in the round and it may be difficult to finish the round with the same focus. It will take an added level of discipline to compete at the top level.

Will the vegan Eagle and Dickerson and his chicken only diet rise to domination as they don't have to face these challenges?
Sponsored Links

Niced: (2)
Old 10-28-2020, 09:41 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 49
Niced 168 Times in 62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrosscrx View Post
First, the food stands will be additional obstacles around the basket, which increases challenge. Then you have to deal with the grease on your fingers and then also moderation. Eat too much fried cheese early in the round and it may be difficult to finish the round with the same focus. It will take an added level of discipline to compete at the top level.

Will the vegan Eagle and Dickerson and his chicken only diet rise to domination as they don't have to face these challenges?
Oh and NO napkins/paper towels/wipes. Like roping off OB. We want this as natural as possible the people voted.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:47 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 4
Niced 375 Times in 174 Posts

Can't litter either. So if the trash cans are full, you gotta carry your trash around the rest of the round. No smaller baskets of mozzarella sticks or cheese curds either. You can only get the regulation size large basket or you get no snacks.
Old 10-28-2020, 10:09 AM
Double Eagle Member

Niced 176 Times in 120 Posts

So before every putt you need to eat a mozzarella stick? I like it. Better then raised baskets and fake mozzarella sticks wrapped in wallpaper blocking putts. Though by 18 I would be feeling really bloated and have some greasy fingers.
Old 10-28-2020, 10:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 85
Niced 620 Times in 322 Posts

Hmmm. There are a few issues with curds on the course.

Def no litter or paper products. I suggest they hire a super hot chic AND a super hot dude to gently put the curds in your mouth. #equality

Solved. No litter and no greasy fingers.

The smell of the fried curds cooking could also cause problems. Like cigarette smoke/vape. Distraction.
Ventilation will need to be addressed. Imo

Player GI health may also be a concern. Too many curds could leave them constipated for the next several rounds. Could lead to unintentional "rounding".

Also, the temp of the curds is crucial. Too HOT and the cheese lava causes extensive damage to the players mouths...leading to curds being an unwelcomed addition to the course.

Too COLD...well we have all had a cold curd....they are pointless...i dont care how much marinara or ranch you coat it in.

I think if we put our heads together. We can make this a reality.

Niced: (1)

Last edited by Emoney; 10-28-2020 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-28-2020, 10:48 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 75
Niced 944 Times in 349 Posts

The country club where I caddied had a snack bar by the 9th green. The members would have a beer and buy the caddies whatever we wanted — hot dogs, candy, soda. When I finally build my own course it’s definitely gonna have a snack bar.

Old 10-28-2020, 11:07 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 7
Niced 1,435 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocrosscrx View Post

Will it conversely give Wisconsinites an advantage? I mean, who puts down more fried cheese in a year than us???? Some folks down south never even seen a proper cheese curd!

Niced: (3)
Old 10-28-2020, 11:12 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoney View Post
Hmmm. There are a few issues with curds on the course.

Def no litter or paper products. I suggest they hire a super hot chic AND a super hot dude to gently put the curds in your mouth. #equality

Solved. No litter and no greasy fingers.

The smell of the fried curds cooking could also cause problems. Like cigarette smoke/vape. Distraction.
Ventilation will need to be addressed. Imo

Player GI health may also be a concern. Too many curds could leave them constipated for the next several rounds. Could lead to unintentional "rounding".

Also, the temp of the curds is crucial. Too HOT and the cheese lava causes extensive damage to the players mouths...leading to curds being an unwelcomed addition to the course.

Too COLD...well we have all had a cold curd....they are pointless...i dont care how much marinara or ranch you coat it in.

I think if we put our heads together. We can make this a reality.
All I want is to make disc golf harder while simultaneously making every hole birdieable. So here's how:

Every hole has a fairway like a ball golf course. Each player takes a drive that get them to biride range. We have a food cart that serves 18 different greasy foods. Before each putt each player must select an item to eat but each item can only be eaten once. Now you've added strategy to it.

"Do I eat the pizza puff now or save it for an easier putt? Maybe I should go taquito here since it isn't as greasy."

Edit- forgot vegans, vegetarians, etc. We can have a deep fried menu for them, or they can just handle the food and not eat.

Last edited by Billyray; 10-28-2020 at 11:14 AM.
Old 10-28-2020, 11:13 AM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
Will it conversely give Wisconsinites an advantage? I mean, who puts down more fried cheese in a year than us???? Some folks down south never even seen a proper cheese curd!
Northern Illinoisin here and you are 100% correct. Even by me people are like whats a cheese curd?

Niced: (1)

Old 10-28-2020, 11:47 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 31.5
Courses Played: 150
Niced 770 Times in 288 Posts

You know, never mind my idea to bury this thread. Let's make "So You Want to Make the Basket Smaller" just absurd. It was already drowned in stupidity; let's just drown it in fun stupidity. If it's going to get bumped, let's do this spectacularly. And I'm going to add a stupid idea I've actually had for decades. Just ask the owner of Wild Haven. I've been telling this for years:

The Lard Basket. It's a column of lard in place of chains. You hole out if your Disc sticks to it.

Yeah, it might be tougher in hot climates, what with the flies and all. Then you'll have to degrease your putter.

Does that satisfy you, OMD? Tons of missed 25-footers. Tons of boring pars. You can even make the column of lard small if you'd like.