Old 03-08-2018, 03:11 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 1
Niced 93 Times in 35 Posts

You nailed it. The stand-mount version of these baskets go for $300 from the European disc shops.

2,499 Swedish Krona equals 302.20 US Dollar

249 Euro equals 306.55 US Dollar

My baskets are holding up well. Will see what the summer sun does to them ...
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 03-09-2018, 07:41 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 8
Niced 121 Times in 74 Posts

Dude had to have lost a bunch of dough, unless they fell off the back of a truck or something!

They look rugged and gorgeous in the snow.
Old 03-09-2018, 08:19 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 1
Niced 93 Times in 35 Posts

The dude selling these definitely lost some money. When I first saw them, they were $50 + $33 shipping for the whole unit (pole, chain rack, cage, locking collar, sleeve). I got one at this price.

When this one arrived, I messaged him thanks. He replied, thanked me for the business, but said he under estimated shipping and had to double what he was charging. Still a smoking deal at $50 + $60 some odd dollars for shipping.

When his inventory got low, he ran outta poles and sold the chain rack, cage, locking collar, sleeve for $35 + shipping. On Black Friday he dropped this down to $24.50 + shipping.

These baskets all came packaged in boxes with Chinese script. I got the impression he had a connection to some Chinese overstock wholesaler. The dude sold a ton of unbranded stuff. Pistol cases, shoes, bags, etc. The image below is some of the other stuff he was peddling.

I feel like his wholesale guy messaged him one day asking, “think you would be interested in 100 of these yellow metal chain things for, oh say, $1,000?”

I’ll never know how it all went down, but the guy left at least $100 on the table for each basket he shipped out.

Old 03-13-2018, 06:39 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.5
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 199 Times in 99 Posts

Got my new Chainstar Lite in today. I got the “silver” color, it’s more like 85% gray with some silver & a pinch of cerulean blue mixed in.

Drop shipped from Discraft, even though the store I bought from didn’t indicate that. (Not really surprised though) There are a few scratches and a little paint chipped off of one of the poles. Not nearly as well packed as the MVP Black Hole Pro I ordered for a buddy a couple years ago at the last circuit I ran. The quality seems about equal, but I haven’t seen that basket since.

In the second picture I have it next to my repainted MVP Hive basket. I didn’t realize how short that hive is until I set up the Chainstar. Way heavier too. The hive I can easily lift with one hand, the Chainstar is quite a bit more difficult to lift one handed. I’m guessing it weighs somewhere between 40 and 50 pounds.

Oh.....it catches about as well as a course basket, and sounds better than the Hive basket.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 304FBC02-691C-40BA-BDC8-C38AA4D4D935.jpg (158.4 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg B71721DF-6A48-4576-AE1F-1F2AF8474B29.jpg (153.3 KB, 70 views)

Old 03-13-2018, 09:37 PM
Birdie Member

Default Nice

Thanks for the report on the chainstar lite. I am trying to decide on a new portable basket soon, and this is in the running. Looks solid!
Old 03-14-2018, 07:09 AM
Birdie Member

The thing that drove me to this over the MVP baskets is the four 'feet'. I'll have to sit it outside sometime, but I'm guessing that it's only bad side may be getting it to sit perfectly level. The up side is increased resistance to tippyness. (is that a word?)
Old 05-28-2018, 08:49 PM
Birdie Member

Default Chainstar lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle pennybags View Post
The thing that drove me to this over the MVP baskets is the four 'feet'. I'll have to sit it outside sometime, but I'm guessing that it's only bad side may be getting it to sit perfectly level. The up side is increased resistance to tippyness. (is that a word?)

Got a red/orange chainstar lite for a super good deal a few months back. It sits fine outside

and catches whatever you toss at it. It is very stable because of it's heavier weight. Nice

basket, good quality catcher. Fun to putt on, great ching from chains.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:14 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDaWoodsDiscN419 View Post
Got a red/orange chainstar lite for a super good deal a few months back. It sits fine outside

and catches whatever you toss at it. It is very stable because of it's heavier weight. Nice

basket, good quality catcher. Fun to putt on, great ching from chains.
I noticed sometime after the return window that mine is not square. I'm thinking that either the nuts or threaded rod that are welded inside the poles aren't all quite squared up. So it looks like the basket is listing a little on level ground. I've tried flipping the poles around and found a configuration that bothers me the least, but it's still not square to the world. And actually my old MVP hive basket sits more level. I've also noticed the 'paint' coming off in a few locations and also coming off onto my discs.

The chainstar lite catches nicely, it sounds like a full-fledged course basket. If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably look harder at either MVP of DD baskets in the price range. I have heard good things, but they have also been on the market quite a bit longer too.
Old 10-06-2018, 09:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 199
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 990 Times in 624 Posts
Default Updated Practice Basket Preferences?

I've finally moved somewhere where it's impractical for me to drive to the course to practice as often as I would like. I've also realized that my putting is costing me significantly, score-wise.

So... it's basket time. It looks like there are a number of good options out there in the $140-150 range:
- Discraft ChainStar Lite
- Axiom Pro or MVP Black Hole Pro

Or the $190-200 range:
- DD Recruit
- Lat64 Trainer
- Innova Discatcher Sport
- Growthesport basket (I fell for the banner ad up top, but that looks like a decent option)

My preference is something that behaves comparably to a course basket. I don't plan to move it a ton, so my priority is sturdy and durable, though light is okay. I also prefer a base that is stable without being wobbly.

How have your opinions changed since getting a basket? It seems like a lot of the baskets are durable, but are there any "lemons" out there that I should avoid?

Thanks.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:33 AM
Birdie Member

Default baskets...

Quote:
Originally Posted by armiller View Post
I've finally moved somewhere where it's impractical for me to drive to the course to practice as often as I would like. I've also realized that my putting is costing me significantly, score-wise.

So... it's basket time. It looks like there are a number of good options out there in the $140-150 range:
- Discraft ChainStar Lite
- Axiom Pro or MVP Black Hole Pro

Or the $190-200 range:
- DD Recruit
- Lat64 Trainer
- Innova Discatcher Sport
- Growthesport basket (I fell for the banner ad up top, but that looks like a decent option)

My preference is something that behaves comparably to a course basket. I don't plan to move it a ton, so my priority is sturdy and durable, though light is okay. I also prefer a base that is stable without being wobbly.

How have your opinions changed since getting a basket? It seems like a lot of the baskets are durable, but are there any "lemons" out there that I should avoid?

Thanks.
Hey there, practice baskets can be a little hard to choose, lots of choices/prices. I did a fair

amount of research. People seem to be quite happy with the MVP/AXIOM Pro's, lighter weight,

catch fine from what I've read. Innova Sport's been around a long time, and folks seem happy

with them, some add extra chains. Heavier, long lasting, well built. I have only personally

putted on: Innova sport's, DGA M-14s, Discraft Mach lite. I think DGA M-14 gets a bad rap. I

have putted on one since 2001/2002, good practice basket, lightweight, super easy to set up,

portable, I got a deal price. Nowadays unless a sale comes up, I believe there are other better

options. I also own a Discraft Mach lite. It is well built and sturdy, it is not as portable. as it is

heavier than some baskets. It catches as well as some Course baskets in my opinion. They can

be a decent deal if found on sale. The DD recruit has the wheel, is heavier and folks seem

happy with it, I have not putted on one, or on the mvp/axioms. When I was looking I was set

on an Axiom, and went mach lite because sale made it worth it. Lat64 baskets seem quality

Darkclark got some for crazy deals, seems happy with them. Good luck choosing a basket,

they are worth it, and fun!