Old 04-21-2020, 07:47 PM
* Ace No More *

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 332
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 4,734 Times in 2,069 Posts

They've been out of stock on the 18 chain one for a few days now. They only have a 12 chain in stock, but they're the same price.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2020, 11:58 PM
Licensed to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations.

Years Playing: 22.7
Courses Played: 65
Niced 114 Times in 62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deej View Post
Did you end up liking your new basket?
I just got it out a couple of days ago. Looks like a small weld at the outer upper rim where the chains connect to the top broke in shipping (the box was pretty banged up), which I'll fix by just using a zip tie to secure it up. The chain ends come with small carabiner clips that you use to connect it at the top. Except that the loops all were open far enough to just slip the chains on, which mean the chains fell off whenever you putted, and required closing them up tight with pliers.

Poles are connected with Allen wrench screws, and you need to crank them down, so not a setup you'll want to tear down a bunch. Everything seems well made and the weight isn't crazy... I've got mine in the basement instead of outdoors and its not too hard to get up and down stairs, more awkward than anything.

All that being said, its pretty solidly made, and I'm happy with it. The chains could be heavier, and its not amazing at catching, but those were things I assumed going into it. It catches pretty well, but I'll report back on what specific quirks it might have after I have more time with it. For the money, I'm totally happy with it.

Niced: (1)
Old 07-09-2020, 12:59 PM
* Ace No More *

So, this just arrived. Took about 10 min to put together and cost me $70 + tax = $74.
18 Chains:

https://www.titangreatoutdoors.com/h...er-894120.html
Site now has it at $99, so I'm glad I pulled the trigger when I did.

Seems decent enough for personal practice. I won't be leaving it outside.
First impression is it's a bit loud. Will let you know more once I know more, but for under $75 shipped to my door... seems like a decent basket and then some.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:52 PM
* Ace No More *

Took it outside with stack of putters, threw about 50-60 putts. No complaints. Feels pretty solid, not rickety at all. Caught everything it should have. Didn't reject anything that was reasonably on target. Even caught a few weak-side chain shots.

The blue ring at the top has a burr I need to file down, but overall, I'm very pleased.

Other than drilling into the blue ring, and attaching them there, I don't see an easy way to add an inner row of chains... but so far I'm happy as it is.

This bad boy will have me looking better missing putts on the course in no time!

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 07-09-2020 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:49 PM
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!

Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 25
Niced 1,198 Times in 991 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
Took it outside with stack of putters, threw about 50-60 putts. No complaints. Feels pretty solid, not rickety at all. Caught everything it should have. Didn't reject anything that was reasonably on target. Even caught a few weak-side chain shots.

The blue ring at the top has a burr I need to file down, but overall, I'm very pleased.

Other than drilling into the blue ring, and attaching them there, I don't see an easy way to add an inner row of chains... but so far I'm happy as it is.

This bad boy will have me looking better missing putts on the course in no time!
I would use thin wire like S hooks that can be easily bent so the top part of the S is not able to move from the spot you put it on. The other is using a set of metal Zip-Ties that hold the inner chains to exactly where you want so as to keep the chains in place and using tin snips or other thing to cut to 2 cm or ~1 inch above the lock spot of the metal Zip-Tie. Using only every other one, for the top outer chain holders, 27 total with 9 inner chains get used.

Now for the inner ring a round plastic or metal if can be found Shower ring made to fit onto poles that are non movable, is what I would use for that part. That is if you do not want to use an S hook onto the already existing set of chain.

Last edited by Casey 1988; 07-09-2020 at 10:52 PM.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:43 PM
* Ace No More *

Took it out today and noticed a noticeable amount of rust on the chains. .

Not all that much, but jeez, I've only had it 3 freakin' days, and kept it in my garage. It rained Friday, so I suppose the humidity in the air is what did it, but.... so soon? WTF?

Putted on it today, and it nothing worth noting about it's catching ability. It catches everything you expect a good basket to catch. I'm not gonna claim it's as good as what you'd find on the course, but I haven't had what I'd consider a bad spit yet.

Curious to see how fast the rust propogates.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 07-11-2020 at 09:45 PM.
Old 07-12-2020, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
Took it out today and noticed a noticeable amount of rust on the chains. .

Not all that much, but jeez, I've only had it 3 freakin' days, and kept it in my garage. It rained Friday, so I suppose the humidity in the air is what did it, but.... so soon? WTF?

Putted on it today, and it nothing worth noting about it's catching ability. It catches everything you expect a good basket to catch. I'm not gonna claim it's as good as what you'd find on the course, but I haven't had what I'd consider a bad spit yet.

Curious to see how fast the rust propogates.
They make Gavaninzing compound from Rust Olium in at least a spray paint. If it is just the chains that can be easily fixed by replacing them.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:09 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 3
Niced 205 Times in 104 Posts

My Innova Discatcher Sport is built just like your Titan basket. I added 9 rows of chains, one every other hanger. I just used split links to attach the chain to the upper hanger and S hooks to attach them to the lower ring. I also took about a 1.5 inch length of flexible fuel line to put on the upper hanger on the outside of the blue band to space the inner row of chains where I want them to be. Actually used two pieces of fuel line, one a little larger than the other to slip over the first one and make them thick enough to appropriately secure the chain in place. Then used some colored duct tape to wrap around the fuel line to hold it together. Sounds a little detailed, but once done it looks pretty nice. When I get time I will try to post a picture as one picture is worth a thousand words etc.
Old 07-13-2020, 03:20 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 3
Niced 205 Times in 104 Posts

unnamed.jpg

This is the picture of my extra chains on my Discatcher Sport.

Old 07-13-2020, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wproct View Post
Attachment 72091

This is the picture of my extra chains on my Discatcher Sport.
I like the Idea, I would have a front set 1/2 inch gap in-between to keep the one set from sliding too much with the rubbing off of the paint and use a single layer of tape to keep the chains from removing paint. It is what I would do to the current 24 double chain Innova Sport set, those inner set just float there.