#11  
Old 10-27-2020, 11:41 PM
Casey 1988 Casey 1988 is online now
Shun the frumious Bandersnatch!
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pierre, South Dakota, USA
Years Playing: 17.4
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7,101
Niced 1,199 Times in 992 Posts
Default

They had a PDGA set up for playing Disc Golf with Big Lids in the 2000's and only types of baskets that could catch the discs was the Mach III and Lighting DB-5 when they played. Now it is even worse with even more multi chain baskets then were available in the 2000's.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-28-2020, 12:50 AM
Dingus Dingus is online now
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Courses Played: 2
Posts: 438
Niced 325 Times in 157 Posts
Default

Gonna be a lot of smashed lids if the Denver or Nashville events hit a cold snap. Bring some backups!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-28-2020, 01:22 AM
txmxer txmxer is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Texas
Years Playing: 0.7
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 524
Niced 425 Times in 210 Posts
Default

The basket is fine.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-28-2020, 09:13 AM
ru4por's Avatar
ru4por ru4por is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dearborn Michigan
Years Playing: 37.5
Courses Played: 250
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,259
Niced 4,591 Times in 1,591 Posts
Default

Lol...all that is old is new again. This is how I started out playing. Sounds like fun. I am not sure what an Ultimate round would do to my rating though? I would guess most Ultimate players have given disc golf a whirl. I play with a few all the time, some even National level Ultimate players.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-28-2020, 09:17 AM
txmxer txmxer is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Texas
Years Playing: 0.7
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 524
Niced 425 Times in 210 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Lol...all that is old is new again. This is how I started out playing. Sounds like fun. I am not sure what an Ultimate round would do to my rating though? I would guess most Ultimate players have given disc golf a whirl. I play with a few all the time, some even National level Ultimate players.
Just like Brodie, when the body gets beat in enough that running/jumping experience stays with you for days, you look for alternatives.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-28-2020, 09:22 AM
_MTL_ _MTL_ is offline
Flippy Flopper
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Years Playing: 27.5
Courses Played: 143
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,170
Niced 1,212 Times in 502 Posts
Default

I'm helping run one of these events. Here's what went down.

USA Ultimate can't do any events due to Covid. They approached the PDGA about this idea and the PDGA saw it is a great way to increase awareness of the sport, increase membership and provide a way for Ultimate players to get involved.

Local ultimate clubs are running the event and have a TD that is now registered and a certified official with the PDGA. They are partnering with the locations picked by the PDGA that have a good PDGA event track record.

There will be some global prizes from USA Ultimate.

I'm really excited to host one of these pilot events. I think it's a better version of the super-class model due to the involvement of USA Ultimate and local Ultimate leagues.

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-28-2020, 09:26 AM
txmxer txmxer is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Texas
Years Playing: 0.7
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 524
Niced 425 Times in 210 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MTL_ View Post
I'm helping run one of these events. Here's what went down.

USA Ultimate can't do any events due to Covid. They approached the PDGA about this idea and the PDGA saw it is a great way to increase awareness of the sport, increase membership and provide a way for Ultimate players to get involved.

Local ultimate clubs are running the event and have a TD that is now registered and a certified official with the PDGA. They are partnering with the locations picked by the PDGA that have a good PDGA event track record.

There will be some global prizes from USA Ultimate.

I'm really excited to host one of these pilot events. I think it's a better version of the super-class model due to the involvement of USA Ultimate and local Ultimate leagues.
Cool. Surprised to see Denver in winter and nothing in Texas.

.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-28-2020, 09:35 AM
_MTL_ _MTL_ is offline
Flippy Flopper
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Years Playing: 27.5
Courses Played: 143
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,170
Niced 1,212 Times in 502 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmxer View Post
Cool. Surprised to see Denver in winter and nothing in Texas.

.
It wasn't about weather, rather which area have both solid PDGA presence and Ultimate presence.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-28-2020, 09:41 AM
ru4por's Avatar
ru4por ru4por is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dearborn Michigan
Years Playing: 37.5
Courses Played: 250
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 5,259
Niced 4,591 Times in 1,591 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmxer View Post
Cool. Surprised to see Denver in winter and nothing in Texas.

.
Lids are great in the snow. They rarely cut into the snow and are far more easily found.
Reply With Quote
 

  #20  
Old 10-28-2020, 09:45 AM
txmxer txmxer is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Texas
Years Playing: 0.7
Courses Played: 2
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 524
Niced 425 Times in 210 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _MTL_ View Post
It wasn't about weather, rather which area have both solid PDGA presence and Ultimate presence.
Understood.

Where there any criteria for type of course?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hybrid Disc Golf/Ball Golf Course in the News Marv Vega General Disc Golf Chat 40 06-30-2018 10:25 PM
Do You Like Hybrid Ball Golf/Disc Golf Courses? Treeplant General Disc Golf Chat 40 08-31-2017 05:09 PM
Forehand of ultimate vs disc golf. 93EXCivic Technique & Strategy 13 08-24-2017 06:00 PM
Ultimate Disc Golf Karma CTRobuck General Disc Golf Chat 29 07-31-2012 09:38 PM
Disc Golf in the USA Today gcr_russell General Disc Golf Chat 40 06-15-2011 11:06 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.