Old 12-18-2017, 05:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 43.5
Courses Played: 179
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 412 Times in 203 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrembo View Post
I will be playing Langly and Boyd Ponds and the Hippodrome courses in mid-January. Getting a room downtown for a couple of nights to party and play disc golf, woo hoo.
Wait, scratch that. Mid-April!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2017, 11:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 51
Niced 184 Times in 124 Posts

Sweet; if you're itching for a little more disc golf, the USCA course is a fun nine hole course that's got a good mix of shots but isn't too crazy. Tees are only mulch but there are some fun shots. Not worth skipping any of your mentioned courses for, but a good little addition if you have the time. Just get the map off of here and park anywhere out there, although I usually park on the little plateau across from the first tee

Niced: (1)
Old 12-23-2017, 09:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.4
Courses Played: 125
Niced 2,058 Times in 981 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrembo View Post
Wait, scratch that. Mid-April!
Well-scratched. Mid-April is a perfect time to visit the Augusta area.

Niced: (2)
Old 02-27-2018, 05:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 58
Niced 141 Times in 84 Posts

Idlewild moved past Selah creekside with that last review. For a while, it looked like Idlewild might be on it's way out of the top 10. But it looks like creekside might be the one on it's way out. I figured it would have already been out because of how open it is, but I guess it's water shots are good enough for it to still be in the top 10. There was some course that was almost at 25 reviews, Hawk Hollow maybe? It looked like Hobb's Farm might crack the 10, but it's rating has kind of leveled off. No big change, just noticed it.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:37 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 19.6
Courses Played: 178
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 42 Times in 21 Posts

Idlewild was on a long slow downturn for quite a while, IMO. I think it will sustain its rating for a while longer (maybe swing back up?) with the recent changes. The DGPT upgrades last summer were amazing for this course! Crusty Machs turned into lovely Discatchers and some bad trees were removed. Playing the DGPT 18 hole format is also pretty damn awesome if you don't have the full 24 in ya.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 192
Niced 167 Times in 108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDABRUSH View Post
Idlewild moved past Selah creekside with that last review. For a while, it looked like Idlewild might be on it's way out of the top 10. But it looks like creekside might be the one on it's way out. I figured it would have already been out because of how open it is, but I guess it's water shots are good enough for it to still be in the top 10. There was some course that was almost at 25 reviews, Hawk Hollow maybe? It looked like Hobb's Farm might crack the 10, but it's rating has kind of leveled off. No big change, just noticed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.chainslove View Post
Idlewild was on a long slow downturn for quite a while, IMO. I think it will sustain its rating for a while longer (maybe swing back up?) with the recent changes. The DGPT upgrades last summer were amazing for this course! Crusty Machs turned into lovely Discatchers and some bad trees were removed. Playing the DGPT 18 hole format is also pretty damn awesome if you don't have the full 24 in ya.
There are always people who think Texans brag too much and then will say the Selah Ranch courses are "not as good as I expected given their rating," and then these reviewers will give them 3's just because to prove their point. Obviously they've had reviews from many more people than just Texans. I am not gonna go back and compare the Selah courses to the other courses a particular reviewer rated better. But that truly happens sometimes.

Niced: (1)
Old 02-28-2018, 08:17 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 155
Niced 355 Times in 154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by araytx View Post
There are always people who think Texans brag too much and then will say the Selah Ranch courses are "not as good as I expected given their rating," and then these reviewers will give them 3's just because to prove their point. Obviously they've had reviews from many more people than just Texans. I am not gonna go back and compare the Selah courses to the other courses a particular reviewer rated better. But that truly happens sometimes.
Or they have nothing against Texas in particular and the course just didn't suit their taste. Just because someone has a different opinion of a course doesn't mean they are trying to prove a point about Texans.

Or it could be a conspiracy to trash Selah.

Old 02-28-2018, 10:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 192
Niced 167 Times in 108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripper View Post
Or they have nothing against Texas in particular and the course just didn't suit their taste. Just because someone has a different opinion of a course doesn't mean they are trying to prove a point about Texans.

Or it could be a conspiracy to trash Selah.
If someone's "different opinion of a course" is to give David Sauls's course a 2.5 or 3 in his/her review, then it is clear that we know something. And the same is true at Selah. Someone may have the "opinion" that "the course didn't suit their taste" and that's acceptable. But again, to give a course a review rating that is WAY OFF most reviews is a clear message trying to be sent.

Old 02-28-2018, 10:26 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 48
Niced 592 Times in 419 Posts

Now that I have played them multiple times, Creekside has gone up for me while Lakeside has gone down. Really bummed I can't make that doubles tourney in April. Would be a two birds with one stone kind of deal.

Old 02-28-2018, 10:47 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 312
Niced 420 Times in 176 Posts

I'm considering swinging by Selah on my road trip to Texas in April. It should be the best time of the year to check that course out with all wild flowers blooming. looks awesome on paper and by the reviews.