#121  
Old 03-11-2019, 12:36 PM
in4d's Avatar
in4d in4d is offline
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Great North Woods
Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,634
Niced 116 Times in 70 Posts
Default

still no mention of the new discs approved a couple weeks ago..

also surprised that MVP hasnt gone for a top 10 MPO to represent their brand, they have a tour stop and are the only company that sponsors a NT but doesnt have a top level competitor.. thats odd to me

Sias is top level potential just not consistent
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 03-11-2019, 12:48 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 10,237
Niced 4,495 Times in 2,367 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
still no mention of the new discs approved a couple weeks ago..

also surprised that MVP hasnt gone for a top 10 MPO to represent their brand, they have a tour stop and are the only company that sponsors a NT but doesnt have a top level competitor.. thats odd to me

Sias is top level potential just not consistent
It will happen eventually. Whether its them actually signing an established top male pro or one of the younger guys breaks out. Sias' 1090 and if/when Hokom wins a top level event will probably help that, imo…


... I think there is still a bit of uncertainty out there that you can compete at the top level with MVP plastic.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 03-11-2019, 12:52 PM
VLaForce2002 VLaForce2002 is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 178
Niced 101 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
... I think there is still a bit of uncertainty out there that you can compete at the top level with MVP plastic.
This is a fascinating statement. Is it based on analysis of the level of pros who have signed with MVP, or is it based on statements made by individuals in the top 20-30 players?
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 03-11-2019, 01:01 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 10,237
Niced 4,495 Times in 2,367 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLaForce2002 View Post
This is a fascinating statement. Is it based on analysis of the level of pros who have signed with MVP, or is it based on statements made by individuals in the top 20-30 players?
Its based off my 4-5 years of throwing MVP and the reactions I got from other players for most of it.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 03-11-2019, 02:41 PM
elmexdela elmexdela is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Courses Played: 219
Posts: 8,414
Niced 2,128 Times in 1,206 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
It will happen eventually. Whether its them actually signing an established top male pro or one of the younger guys breaks out. Sias' 1090 and if/when Hokom wins a top level event will probably help that, imo…


... I think there is still a bit of uncertainty out there that you can compete at the top level with MVP plastic.
more uncertainty is can you really win open without midranges

Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 03-11-2019, 10:35 PM
ThrowaEnvy's Avatar
ThrowaEnvy ThrowaEnvy is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pender Is. B.C.
Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 5
Posts: 2,333
Niced 827 Times in 577 Posts
Default

What was that? Did someone fart, I heard something.... Kinda sounded like a s*** whisper.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 03-13-2019, 04:43 PM
Halcón's Avatar
Halcón Halcón is offline
Free at Last
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 12,006
Niced 1,190 Times in 605 Posts
Default

Elaine King Fission Photon? Finally they give one of their best drivers some props. I hope it comes in 130's weights.

Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 03-13-2019, 10:22 PM
Arisugawa's Avatar
Arisugawa Arisugawa is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 86
Posts: 78
Niced 98 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcón View Post
Elaine King Fission Photon? Finally they give one of their best drivers some props. I hope it comes in 130's weights.
We are very happy for Elaine, especially since it is the first signature disc produced by MVP. Exciting event for several reasons.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 03-13-2019, 10:50 PM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 10,237
Niced 4,495 Times in 2,367 Posts
Default


Niced: (2)
Reply With Quote
 

  #130  
Old 03-14-2019, 02:17 AM
brutalbrutus's Avatar
brutalbrutus brutalbrutus is online now
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: the nati
Years Playing: 9.5
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 10,237
Niced 4,495 Times in 2,367 Posts
Default



Definitely need a Siasquatch sig disc...

Soft Envy Sias?...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV) Noill Discs 5530 02-24-2019 12:36 PM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III) Three Putt Discs 5403 06-13-2016 12:16 PM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II) Three Putt Discs 4612 05-16-2014 05:11 PM
MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) cmrichar Discs 5362 05-11-2013 09:34 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.