#1501  
Old 01-14-2022, 12:56 PM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 4,338
Niced 2,840 Times in 1,545 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
Perhaps add the number of practice putts and throws he probably made?
I just took the total throws for every round and tournament he played in 2021. . so total "in tournament throws/putts" was 4197.

And as i said just for fun. . .of course he threw more than that outside of tournament play.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #1502  
Old 01-14-2022, 01:16 PM
Streets's Avatar
Streets Streets is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 46
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 10,212
Niced 6,173 Times in 2,505 Posts
Default

I saw a post on IG today from Ricky about his new sig line of discs and he called the Harp a game changer. I lol'ed.
Reply With Quote
  #1503  
Old 01-14-2022, 01:21 PM
Steve West Steve West is offline
Par Delusionary
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Years Playing: 48
Courses Played: 479
Posts: 6,275
Niced 3,593 Times in 1,637 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
I wondered how much $1.000.000 a year is. . so i made a silly count.

Richard Wysocki played 24 tpurnament in 2021 and in those he threw a total of 4197 throws

$1.000.000 devided by 4197 is $238 for every throw he made in 2021...
That's not the right math. He isn't getting paid to make more throws. He's getting paid to throw fewer than anyone else in the event.

Maybe $35.80 for every point he earned.

Niced: (1)

Last edited by Steve West; 01-14-2022 at 01:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1504  
Old 01-14-2022, 01:29 PM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 4,338
Niced 2,840 Times in 1,545 Posts
Default

Quote:
That's not the right math
hmm why not?

He is not geting paid to throw fewer than anyone else is he? . . .he is just paid to play. . IF he throw fewer than anyone else he might get a bonus.

But the $1.000.000 . . .if iīm not wrong he will get that no matter what . . .

So $1.000.000 / the number of throws in tournaments ge makes in a year. . .is one way to count.

Last edited by Jolt; 01-14-2022 at 01:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1505  
Old 01-14-2022, 01:36 PM
foxdawg10 foxdawg10 is online now
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 567
Niced 412 Times in 252 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
hmm why not?

He is not geting paid to throw fewer than anyone else is he? . . .he is just paid to play. . IF he throw fewer than anyone else he might get a bonus.

But the $1.000.000 . . .if iīm not wrong he will get that no matter what . . .

So $1.000.000 / the number of throws in tournaments ge makes in a year. . .is one way to count.

He's getting paid to sell discs. I wonder what the incremental increase to Dynamic Discs button line is as a result of the contract.

Niced: (1)
Reply With Quote
  #1506  
Old 01-14-2022, 01:38 PM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 4,338
Niced 2,840 Times in 1,545 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxdawg10 View Post
He's getting paid to sell discs. I wonder what the incremental increase to Dynamic Discs button line is as a result of the contract.
Sure and that math is tuff. . .if they make $5 a disc they have to sell 200.000 discs to break even...is that even possible?
Reply With Quote
  #1507  
Old 01-14-2022, 01:50 PM
biscoe biscoe is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: spotsylvania, va
Years Playing: 28
Courses Played: 122
Posts: 8,254
Niced 5,235 Times in 1,938 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
Sure and that math is tuff. . .if they make $5 a disc they have to sell 200.000 discs to break even...is that even possible?
more specifically 200k discs that they would not have sold otherwise...

Reply With Quote
  #1508  
Old 01-14-2022, 02:00 PM
ChrisWoj's Avatar
ChrisWoj ChrisWoj is online now
Common Core Crusader
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 152
Posts: 2,134
Niced 1,662 Times in 818 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
hmm why not?

He is not geting paid to throw fewer than anyone else is he? . . .he is just paid to play. . IF he throw fewer than anyone else he might get a bonus.

But the $1.000.000 . . .if iīm not wrong he will get that no matter what . . .

So $1.000.000 / the number of throws in tournaments ge makes in a year. . .is one way to count.
Steve seems to be quibbling over your use of the phrase "for every throw he made in 2021."

What Steve seems to be saying is that Ricky was only paid what he was because of the fact that he was so great relative the rest of the field. So he was not paid that amount "for" specifically the number of those he made, he was paid that amount "for" the amount that he beat his competition by.

The sort of math you used would be more applicable to his 2022 performance going forward. The paycheck has already been earned. So now what is he being paid per throw with the contract in hand?
Reply With Quote
  #1509  
Old 01-14-2022, 02:02 PM
Countchunkula's Avatar
Countchunkula Countchunkula is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago Burbs
Years Playing: 15.9
Courses Played: 184
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,678
Niced 892 Times in 385 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
I just took the total throws for every round and tournament he played in 2021. . so total "in tournament throws/putts" was 4197.

And as i said just for fun. . .of course he threw more than that outside of tournament play.
As a salary employee, I see the parallel. I know what my hourly rate would be if I only worked 40 hours per week. My base hours could be treated the same way as tournament throws in your example.

The practice throws would be the same as my hours beyond 40 each week. They don't pay doodley.
Reply With Quote
 

  #1510  
Old 01-14-2022, 02:07 PM
Jolt Jolt is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Sweden
Posts: 4,338
Niced 2,840 Times in 1,545 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countchunkula View Post
As a salary employee, I see the parallel. I know what my hourly rate would be if I only worked 40 hours per week. My base hours could be treated the same way as tournament throws in your example.

The practice throws would be the same as my hours beyond 40 each week. They don't pay doodley.
I just made it for fun. . you sometimes hear that a boxer gets +$10.000.000 for a 10min match and the reporter says "thats $1.000.000 a minute" .

. . .but the hundreds of hours of training shound maybe count?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Inevitable 2021 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread F. Howl General Disc Golf Chat 1196 03-06-2022 11:37 AM
The inevitable re-attempt at a 2020 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread GoobyPls General Disc Golf Chat 951 02-26-2021 05:13 PM
The Inevitable 2018 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread Bgso General Disc Golf Chat 882 03-25-2018 11:56 PM
The Inevitable 2017 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread Aim For The Chains General Disc Golf Chat 1267 07-15-2017 05:23 AM
The Inevitable 2016 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread bhadella General Disc Golf Chat 1046 11-11-2016 09:59 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.