Old 01-29-2013, 07:52 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNDiscGolfer View Post
Is Perkerson Park in Atlanta a bad course to play with even just 2 people? My brother and I have always wanted to play there but we drove by and definitely is in a BAD neighborhood.
I haven't heard anything bad, but I know that alot of good changes have been going on the course.
*Not much help, sorry!*
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2013, 10:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.5
Courses Played: 383
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMittenDG View Post
Highland Park, Illinois? Has it changed in 10 years? Cus when I lived in that area it was known as pretty much the richest/nicest city in Lake County, which is a nice county within itself.
Highland Park is in Joliet, not in Highland Park. Danny Cunniff Park & Fink Park (little boring 9-ers) are in Highland Park. Antisemitics might feel endangered in these parks.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 32.5
Courses Played: 93
Niced 76 Times in 38 Posts

Playing alone is not really the issue at Central Park in Schenectady......... watching your back for flying, stolen minivans IS!

The green cap in the foreground is a sleeve for the 15th hole. We were installing hole #11 at the time this happened.

The next day i went out and shot some pictures to get an idea of how far this guy flew......... my grey truck to the right is where he left the ground. You can see the hole on the left.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:14 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 58
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Muse Park in Jackson TN. It's a big meet up spot for men interested in other men. So I tend to go with at least one other person. It's not like I couldn't handle myself, but I'd rather not have to.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:20 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 22
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMittenDG View Post
Highland Park, Illinois? Has it changed in 10 years? Cus when I lived in that area it was known as pretty much the richest/nicest city in Lake County, which is a nice county within itself.
We were told that the locals that you don't want to meet go up there at night to do whatever it is they do and it's best to stay out of their way.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 69
Niced 45 Times in 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAnhyzer View Post
Playing alone is not really the issue at Central Park in Schenectady......... watching your back for flying, stolen minivans IS!

The green cap in the foreground is a sleeve for the 15th hole. We were installing hole #11 at the time this happened.

The next day i went out and shot some pictures to get an idea of how far this guy flew......... my grey truck to the right is where he left the ground. You can see the hole on the left.

Foooooooore!
Old 01-29-2013, 02:45 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.8
Courses Played: 189
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHAFNER View Post
Muse Park in Jackson TN. It's a big meet up spot for men interested in other men. So I tend to go with at least one other person. It's not like I couldn't handle myself, but I'd rather not have to.
Unfortunately one of our nicer courses is known for this. When we were younger it was the spot to go hang out and meet women and show off your cars. Eventually people would go there to fight and someone got shot. Cruising was no longer allowed. Then it became the spot for some happy mens. We hoped disc golf would end this. Now they have someone to look at.

I typically back my truck into a parking spot and sit on my tailgate and sell discs. That's like blood in the water for sharks. Someone told me that "backing" into a parking spot was a sign that you wanted attention. Now I park, jump out and run to hole one before anyone talks to me or winks at me.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 70
Niced 7 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishysell View Post
I typically back my truck into a parking spot and sit on my tailgate and sell discs. That's like blood in the water for sharks. Someone told me that "backing" into a parking spot was a sign that you wanted attention. Now I park, jump out and run to hole one before anyone talks to me or winks at me.
I've been to a few parks that actually prohibit backing into spaces. There were signs and everything.

I've used the jump and run method myself as well.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 32.5
Courses Played: 93
Niced 76 Times in 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSurmann View Post
I've been to a few parks that actually prohibit backing into spaces. There were signs and everything.
Usually in states that only require a rear license plate.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:34 PM
Maryland State PDGA Coordinator

Years Playing: 10.5
Courses Played: 250
Niced 18 Times in 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishysell View Post
Unfortunately one of our nicer courses is known for this. When we were younger it was the spot to go hang out and meet women and show off your cars. Eventually people would go there to fight and someone got shot. Cruising was no longer allowed. Then it became the spot for some happy mens. We hoped disc golf would end this. Now they have someone to look at.

I love the banner mr. Maven

I will concede that none of the courses I listed are as dangerous as I made them out to be, but they are the most dangerous I have experienced