Old 09-20-2019, 09:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,750 Times in 1,706 Posts

Yeah, the x-step is all wonky. Work on your stance/throw without the x-step. You are "shifting from in front" instead of "shifting from behind" as SC demonstrates below.

Your body/head needs to turn back going into the plant, your chin is buried into your shoulder and restricting it from swinging back. Get your chin up over your shoulder/s and dingle your shoulder/arm so it swings back and forth like a pendulum under the chin.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2019, 10:49 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 18
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to disc-o maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
Yeah, the x-step is all wonky. Work on your stance/throw without the x-step. You are "shifting from in front" instead of "shifting from behind" as SC demonstrates below.

Your body/head needs to turn back going into the plant, your chin is buried into your shoulder and restricting it from swinging back. Get your chin up over your shoulder/s and dingle your shoulder/arm so it swings back and forth like a pendulum under the chin.
Thank you so much for the helpful videos and analysis!! Ill try and post a follow up drive with some corrections. I just tried the pendulum and the proper weight shift from behind and they seem to go hand in hand and feel very natural. I think this is exactly what i was looking for!!
Old 10-01-2019, 08:12 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 18
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to disc-o maniac
Default Follow up!!

I just wanted to take the time to thank you all again for your review! I've been working on getting my X-step more horizontal and keeping my hips aligned with the target. Another issue I had was tucking my chin into my shoulder, preventing it from turning back.

I have been working the last week or so on all of your critiques and am posting a follow-up drive from today. Let me know if it looks better, worse, and things I can continue to work on. Thanks so much!!!!!

Old 10-01-2019, 10:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 219
Niced 2,750 Times in 1,706 Posts

Your backswing is taking place well behind your rear foot and has to move forward over the rear foot, instead of the backswing taking place in front of the rear foot and loading back leverage inside or forward of the rear foot. Your arm/disc are going forward from the top of the backswing well before your front foot plants. It's like you keep the disc still too early or too far away from where you are going to plant. The door frame/disc is too far away from you and you drag it forward into the plant. Your rear foot is also spinning out on the ground/weight back during the swing.

If you release from the door frame, your front heel should drop an inch or two suddenly into the ground with all your weight and your rear foot should deweight so everything shifts forward and can rotate freely on the front leg swinging forward. I think your stance/stride is also going across the door frame instead of moving parallel to it inside the door frame.