^^^ +1
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2017, 04:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 41 Times in 33 Posts

Bumping because I've read a lot about this plastic and have been thinking about making the switch back to Challengers. Maybe the Roach would be worth a shot coming from Aviars as well? APX? My main question is are the Challengers coming out puddle topped at all? I'm trying to get that old big Pro D Challenger stamp type puddle top. You know what I'm talking about.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:33 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 8
Niced 2,380 Times in 1,733 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic cannon View Post
Bumping because I've read a lot about this plastic and have been thinking about making the switch back to Challengers. Maybe the Roach would be worth a shot coming from Aviars as well? APX? My main question is are the Challengers coming out puddle topped at all? I'm trying to get that old big Pro D Challenger stamp type puddle top. You know what I'm talking about.
I know what you're talking about. My JB Challengers have not become puddle-tops yet...
Old 09-04-2017, 10:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 3
Niced 44 Times in 25 Posts

If you have some connections you could hunt down Rubber Blend Challengers. I got 4 and can tell they'll puddle. Rubber Blend is the same material as Jawbreaker, just all white and firm. There was a GMC run that had colors. Anyway the regular jawbreakers have more dome in them than the Rubber Blends which mine are flatter.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:07 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 248 Times in 121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfair View Post
If you have some connections you could hunt down Rubber Blend Challengers. I got 4 and can tell they'll puddle. Rubber Blend is the same material as Jawbreaker, just all white and firm. There was a GMC run that had colors. Anyway the regular jawbreakers have more dome in them than the Rubber Blends which mine are flatter.
They are different than jawbreaker. The rubber blends actually have small pieces of rubber blended in to the plastic. They are highly textured and super grippy. I have about 10 of the the original run of rubber blend challengers if anyone is interested. it was a test run of the original jawbreaker but they since they all came out puddle top, they removed the rubber pieces for the production runs of jawbreaker.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 3
Niced 44 Times in 25 Posts

In store they felt the same to me. The rubber blend has larger pieces it seemed. Both were grippy and a little oily initially.

Were the original run the "Boxer" ones or the Doss runs? What are you looking for? Cash or trade? Why are you passing on them?
Old 09-05-2017, 12:42 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 31
Niced 1,542 Times in 795 Posts

Quote:
I bought a stack of JawBreaker Challengers when they first came out. No puddle topping.

Have you felt the Roach? The wing isn't straight like the Aviar. It's convex. It feels like a worn Voodoo (or a reeeaally worn Wizard).
Old 09-05-2017, 06:40 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Niced 248 Times in 121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfair View Post
In store they felt the same to me. The rubber blend has larger pieces it seemed. Both were grippy and a little oily initially.

Were the original run the "Boxer" ones or the Doss runs? What are you looking for? Cash or trade? Why are you passing on them?
Neither. They were barstamped. Unfortunately not looking for trades but I'd be willing to sell some
Old 09-05-2017, 07:01 PM

Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke566 View Post
Neither. They were barstamped. Unfortunately not looking for trades but I'd be willing to sell some
For some reason I don't think my PMs are going through.

How much?

Old 09-11-2017, 05:57 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 9
Niced 96 Times in 63 Posts

Quote:
You might want to check out the Challenger SS thats about to come out in JB. If youre talking about coming from aviars.

Niced: (1)