Old 11-21-2020, 06:26 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 28.8
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 176 Times in 76 Posts
Default Rovic RV1D

45 minute in depth review. I was surprised to find no thread at all for this cart when searching using the word "rovic", so I went ahead and started a new thread. Cheers!
https://youtu.be/q4O0ozOExrE
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2020, 12:23 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 142
Niced 404 Times in 195 Posts

Does this help feel less worn down after rounds?
I'm thinking of making the investment to help save my back from lifting and setting the bag down over and over (although I use a stool to keep it up higher within reach) but it seems repeated motion of the up and down over and over is the real problem, not the weight.

Niced: (1)
Old 11-22-2020, 01:36 PM

Years Playing: 2.1
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can't speak for the Rovic, but I did previously roll with a Clicgear cart that I modified to hold my bag like the Rovic. (They are from the same DNA). I like how the Rovic(and my proto) keep the bag higher off the ground so less bending over to get disc. I switched to a Zuca backpack cart over my modified cart for various reasons, but either way rolling helps. The 3 wheel carts roll so easily that it puts no wear on your body. 2 disc carts pushing or pulling do put some wear, but you get used to it and can do some tricks to limit things.

I tried the same trick about using a stool to keep the bag higher off the ground and it didn't make a big enough difference. The lifting motion was what got to me too and now that I don't have to worry about that I can do more rounds in a day or consecutive days than I could before that.
Old 11-22-2020, 05:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.7
Courses Played: 250
Niced 5,137 Times in 1,767 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesntFearZeus View Post
I can't speak for the Rovic, but I did previously roll with a Clicgear cart that I modified to hold my bag like the Rovic. (They are from the same DNA). I like how the Rovic(and my proto) keep the bag higher off the ground so less bending over to get disc. I switched to a Zuca backpack cart over my modified cart for various reasons, but either way rolling helps. The 3 wheel carts roll so easily that it puts no wear on your body. 2 disc carts pushing or pulling do put some wear, but you get used to it and can do some tricks to limit things.

I tried the same trick about using a stool to keep the bag higher off the ground and it didn't make a big enough difference. The lifting motion was what got to me too and now that I don't have to worry about that I can do more rounds in a day or consecutive days than I could before that.
I have a Clicgear golf cart. I just bought it a month or so ago. I have put a bit of thought into using it a a disc golf cart. Mind doing a bit of a review and talk about the modifications you did and how it work out??
Old 11-23-2020, 11:44 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 362 Times in 216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherBill View Post
Does this help feel less worn down after rounds?
I'm thinking of making the investment to help save my back from lifting and setting the bag down over and over (although I use a stool to keep it up higher within reach) but it seems repeated motion of the up and down over and over is the real problem, not the weight.
Yes.....that simple...yes it does.

I have scoliosis (my spine curves side to side), so if I carry something on one shoulder for a long time (especially doing the pick it up, put it down thing)...my back gets out of alignment and I need to see a chiropractor. My Rovic has been very back friendly. I just got it recently and am looking forward to my next one day, two round tournament. In previous tournaments, I've had to switch my bag from a RidgeRoller V2 to a Rogue Irons Sling Bag between rounds. If I didn't switch out, by the end of the second round, I'd be in pain. I've had days where I played two rounds and couldn't get out of my car when I got home. I had to set in the car and stretch for awhile until my back loosened up enough.

So, yes, it helps me feel way less worn down.
Old 11-27-2020, 01:26 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
I have a Clicgear golf cart. I just bought it a month or so ago. I have put a bit of thought into using it a a disc golf cart. Mind doing a bit of a review and talk about the modifications you did and how it work out??
It involved a lot of 3D printed parts and I went through a lot of revisions, but my last version seemed to be pretty solid. I was planning to share my models, but never got around to it since I stopped using that cart for now. My click gear was version 3 or 3.5. I don't know how much the newer versions changed on the design of things, but I'm happy to share what I did\found. Do you have or have access to a friend with a 3D printer that can print PETG or ABS?
Old 11-27-2020, 01:40 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Got this link from Doth Savek (bag review guy) on a modification to his Rovic to make it work better. My changes are kinda like this, in that I attached a tray to the bottom of the bag area, but my tray was much lower, and I still used the top of the bag area to add a pvc pipe that goes out and then down to the tray to hold the top of the bag loop (kinda like how transit cart or ex cart hold the bag loop).
Old 11-28-2020, 12:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 37.7
Courses Played: 250
Niced 5,137 Times in 1,767 Posts

Quote:
It involved a lot of 3D printed parts and I went through a lot of revisions, but my last version seemed to be pretty solid. I was planning to share my models, but never got around to it since I stopped using that cart for now. My click gear was version 3 or 3.5. I don't know how much the newer versions changed on the design of things, but I'm happy to share what I did\found. Do you have or have access to a friend with a 3D printer that can print PETG or ABS?
Quote:
Got this link from Doth Savek (bag review guy) on a modification to his Rovic to make it work better. My changes are kinda like this, in that I attached a tray to the bottom of the bag area, but my tray was much lower, and I still used the top of the bag area to add a pvc pipe that goes out and then down to the tray to hold the top of the bag loop (kinda like how transit cart or ex cart hold the bag loop).
I don't have access to 3D printing and the above from Savek seems far more extensive that I was looking for. I also want something that I can switch back and forth to use the cart for golf and disc golf. Do you find your Clicgear cart too big for disc golf?

Old 11-28-2020, 01:59 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
I don't have access to 3D printing and the above from Savek seems far more extensive that I was looking for. I also want something that I can switch back and forth to use the cart for golf and disc golf. Do you find your Clicgear cart too big for disc golf?
My design is easily swappable. I use the arms that hold the bag straps. Takes screws out, remove forward arms, put my part in, screws back in at the top and bottom. Then just add the tray and pvc and bag goes in. Swapping wouldn't take more than a few minutes. Still folds small, you've just got gotta carry some extra parts to the car.

The cart wasn't too big for me, but I don't play any super tight forest courses. It made it through the brush where I play fine.