Old 06-15-2018, 09:09 PM

Courses Played: 3
Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default In My Bag | bcr32

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: DG 10 months; 2 years of Ultimate
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH 70% RHFH 30%
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Hunter: 250/280'; Md3: 275/320’; Patriot/Thunderbird: 300/350’ for BH, FH all approximately 50 feet less.

What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: Finally getting most of the molds set, and being able to stock up for fieldwork and backups.
Specific areas of desired feedback: Looking for a straight to under stable midrange mold I’ll like, until md3 cycle gets going, or discmania consistently releases base plastic md3’s.
Immediate and long-term goals: I’m really happy with how my putting and short game is going, and wanting to improve my throwing my mids well.

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
175 Glow C-Line Fd3: Flex forehands/backhands, hyzer forehands, rollers, thumbers, wind.
175 Star Thundy: Pretty fresh, Workhorse overstable driver, straight to fade backhands, forehands.
169 Champ Thundy: Beat, straight with small fade, farthest disc probably, main forehand driver.

170 Pinnacle Patriot: Pretty fresh, Hyzer flip to fade, straight shots, panning annies, main stable woods disc
175 Excel Patriot: Seasoned, turnovers, hyzer flip to flex, main straight to under stable woods disc
172 Dx Leopard: Beat, rollers, standstill’s, trickshots

Mids:
175 Recon Mortar: Slightly Seasoned, Overstable forehands between Fd3 and Aviarx3, acts as overstable putter and mid
180 Glow Md3: fresh, Top of md3 cycle, straight to fade backhands and forehands.
175 C-Line Md3: seasoned, straightest midrange, workhorse.
172 Champ Mako3: hyzer flips, turnovers, touchy straight shots.

Putters:
175 Star Aviarx3: Seasoned, forehand upshots, holds lines, and shapes shots really well, some backhand straight to fade lines
172 Neutron Envy: Fresh, utility putter between hunter and aviarx3; uphill flicks, other shots where I need something in between hunter and aviarx3.
173 Red Sparkle Hunter: Fresh, putting, straight backhands, hyzer flips, turnovers, and touch backhand upshots.

I know I should have separate putting putters, and I have some on the way, but I would love to hear any other suggestions. Especially looking for understable mid suggestions, as I haven’t really been clicking with the mako3 that well. Thanks for reading this, and I’d be happy to answer any other questions.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2018, 04:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 114
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 832 Times in 427 Posts

Separate putting putters is ok. Or not is fine too.

I’d think more about figuring out what mold you can putt and throw for upshots. Then get a few wearing in at different rates.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:18 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 15
Niced 201 Times in 136 Posts

Have you tried a millennium aurora ms? That’s a pretty nice mid that might feel comfortable for you
Old 06-17-2018, 12:30 PM

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtydirtybirds View Post
Have you tried a millennium aurora ms? That’s a pretty nice mid that might feel comfortable for you
No, I have not. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll pick one up and let you know how I like it. Would quantum be the best plastic probably?
Old 06-17-2018, 06:22 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 15
Niced 201 Times in 136 Posts

Quantum isn’t as understable to start, but works in to straight pretty quick. Millennium plastic is like Innova driver pro and should work in to flippy a bit quicker. I personally like a quantum at about 170g. Mine holds literally any line to the end of flight. Like a longer nova almost

Old 06-17-2018, 09:17 PM

Niced 5 Times in 5 Posts

I’ll pick one of those up, and audition it against my mako3. Thanks for the suggestion.