Old 06-09-2017, 03:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 221
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 57 Times in 32 Posts

I think the real point they were making is that "if she knew that was the last round, she'd have played it differently" and I agree. I was shocked to read that Weese didn't know the score this past weekend... that is simply irresponsible.

I hear people all the time say they don't want to know where they stand and that's a person I can beat. If I know I only need to layup and tap out to win, I will. I ALWAYS know the score. I had a 3 throw lead this past weekend with only a hole to go. I was bogey free during the round, but the last hole had a 2- foot gap 75 feet away from the teebox and an kick off the tree could easily go OB. So I sucked it up and pitched out through a large gap 90 degrees the wrong way. Took a bogey, but I beat the guy chasing me.

So yeah, I liked the story as a person who always knows the score. I don't subscribe to "I'm playing the course, not the people" because it's beating the people that gets you paid.
Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2017, 03:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 29
Niced 362 Times in 229 Posts

Should have been titled, How Not to Recover from a Bad Roller...
Old 06-09-2017, 03:35 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 81
Niced 127 Times in 74 Posts

Reminds me of Family Guys Wish it, Want it, You Blew it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9d-kVAezB4
Old 06-09-2017, 03:42 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 116
Niced 14 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyLove View Post
I think the real point they were making is that "if she knew that was the last round, she'd have played it differently" and I agree.
How would she have played 17 differently? Especially from the point where they point out that all she has to do is get up and down to win.
Old 06-09-2017, 06:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,112 Times in 646 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by atay87 View Post
How would she have played 17 differently? Especially from the point where they point out that all she has to do is get up and down to win.
You can't really know, but I would guess the way she throws a putter she could have thrown some controlled putter / mid range shots that wouldn't go as far off the tee, but might have stayed on the fairway better, possibly allowing for much smoother up and down.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:36 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23.8
Courses Played: 131
Niced 183 Times in 95 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
My biggest gripe is how the story is told out of sequence.
This is where I think a narrator would've been better than the graphics. Being able to tell the viewer about "going back" to the critical point of the 2nd round with verbal transitions. It's a little thing, but it could easily make it more palatable to the casual viewer and certainly easier to follow for everyone.

This is the first one. As with all "firsts", if Steve will keep at it, he'll probably get much better at it. All in all, not a bad first video. Editing is the toughest part of making these things.
Old 06-09-2017, 11:25 PM
Par Member

Niced 10 Times in 7 Posts

It's funny that people are critiquing the technical / video editing aspects of something done in such poor taste that it doesn't matter. THIS - IS - GARBAGE. "Rubbish" for our UK friends.

Quick poor taste examples:
1 - A effing gravestone - poor taste and shame on someone.

2 - Picking on a sweet, female player, most likely by a male(s). (My first watch perception, too weird / awkward to watch again.)

This is one of those "any press is good press" / "gets the people talkin!" pieces. It is pure garbage and I hope the Pro Tour burns. That may be harsh, but how can you put stuff out like this with the tour's name on it???
Old 06-10-2017, 12:33 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 34.6
Courses Played: 30
Niced 130 Times in 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddjob View Post
Eh, it just seems to be a silly argument due to the next day rain out which couldn't be predicted. Might as well blame any hole she bogied or dropped a stroke over the three holes.
Yes. There's no drama involved because the expectation was of another round to follow. It was mere happenstance that she dropped strokes then.

And I'd apologize for that video if any of the novices I've introduced to the game were to watch it.
Old 06-10-2017, 01:18 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 555 Times in 238 Posts

Most of us on here play competitively occasionally, even if it is for a bag tag.
We all know, every shot counts.
Most of us have had one-hole melt-downs that cost us...whatever.
SO why spend all that time and production effort to make a video to make the point that every shot counts?

Not a fan of this video.

Old 06-10-2017, 10:38 AM
Independent Operator*

Years Playing: 23.5
Courses Played: 523
Niced 760 Times in 269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eegor View Post
This is where I think a narrator would've been better than the graphics. Being able to tell the viewer about "going back" to the critical point of the 2nd round with verbal transitions. It's a little thing, but it could easily make it more palatable to the casual viewer and certainly easier to follow for everyone.

This is the first one. As with all "firsts", if Steve will keep at it, he'll probably get much better at it. All in all, not a bad first video. Editing is the toughest part of making these things.

Now everybody go back and watch that with the voice of the NFL Films guy reading the lines..... Ah yes!