Old 08-02-2017, 01:20 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 192
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 16 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
Did you play the course, or did you walk it? If you played it, mark it as played. If not, you wouldn't be the first to lie about playing a course.
Not sure this guy has played any courses :P

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=59279

Old 08-02-2017, 01:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 330
Niced 2,668 Times in 1,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarpfish View Post
Not sure why people feel they need to pad their stats on something like this.
Some are so insecure about themselves, they feel the need to artificially pump themselves up to impress other interwebz wannabes. I suspect that eventually, their veil gets pierced, and they'll be exposed as a real d!ck.

Probably the same sort of motivation people have for masquerading as Veterans and that whole Stolen Valor thing - (entirely an order of magnitude more deplorable IMHO), but similar in nature in that someone is trying to attain respect they haven't truly earned.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 08-02-2017 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:59 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.7
Courses Played: 129
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 946 Times in 417 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoyce View Post

At least he walks the courses, instead of just driving by and then writing a review.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:02 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,459 Times in 749 Posts

Quote:

He at least throws on the course. The drool prevents him from getting decent snap. And don't hate because he's been on more different courses than you. He'll also never brag about how many courses he's "bagged".

Last edited by tbird888; 08-02-2017 at 02:04 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.7
Courses Played: 125
Niced 3,695 Times in 1,586 Posts

Impressing people with a courses-played list is a thing?

I marked my list for my own convenience---to keep track of courses I'd visited, and distinguish them from ones I hadn't. And with the off chance that it'll spur conversation with someone from those places, who notice I've been there.

So my list includes a few that I played, but didn't play the entire course, for whatever reason (didn't like it, was injured as usual, etc.). Just to say, Yeah, I know that course.

Reviews are another matter, of course.

But even at that, I walked Perkerson with a group---while injured, yet again---and could have reviewed it fairly well, I think. It's in the gray area of whether I saw enough in one round, or would want to have a second round to be sure.

Now, if anybody's been dazzled by my courses-played list, padded by a few I didn't play entirely, they've been quite silent about it. Though I'm willing to apologize for misleading them with the half-dozen or so I checked that might not fit their criteria.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:43 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 192
Niced 16 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
He at least throws on the course. The drool prevents him from getting decent snap. And don't hate because he's been on more different courses than you. He'll also never brag about how many courses he's "bagged".
Lies, he was totally bragging about his course count before he fell asleep in the van
Old 08-02-2017, 02:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.2
Courses Played: 2
Niced 1,592 Times in 906 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post

I marked my list for my own convenience---to keep track of courses I'd visited, and distinguish them from ones I hadn't. And with the off chance that it'll spur conversation with someone from those places, who notice I've been there.

So my list includes a few that I played, but didn't play the entire course, for whatever reason (didn't like it, was injured as usual, etc.). Just to say, Yeah, I know that course.

But even at that, I walked Perkerson with a group---while injured, yet again---and could have reviewed it fairly well, I think. It's in the gray area of whether I saw enough in one round, or would want to have a second round to be sure.

Now, if anybody's been dazzled by my courses-played list, padded by a few I didn't play entirely, they've been quite silent about it. Though I'm willing to apologize for misleading them with the half-dozen or so I checked that might not fit their criteria.
This is why I've only reviewed two courses. Quality over quantity. I'm waiting for someone to notice so I can go from Ace Member to I Think I'm Important!
Old 08-02-2017, 04:01 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 25.4
Courses Played: 138
Niced 15 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post

I figured that since the button says "Mark as played" that I wouldn't add it to my list of played courses. I also thought that any of us that has watched a tourney vid could say that we know every hole on that course too, but it wouldn't seem right to mark it as played. I decided that I need to actually play at least 3/4 of a course before I will mark it as played.

Old 08-02-2017, 04:06 PM
Salient Disc Test Team

Years Playing: 15
Courses Played: 214
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 1,459 Times in 749 Posts

Quote:
Lies, he was totally bragging about his course count before he fell asleep in the van
He was just trying to be part of the cool kids. It's his biggest flaw.