Old 11-01-2017, 05:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 1,206 Times in 657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
Im unfortunately aware they are OOP, I started bagging them a couple of months before the news broke out. Im deciding whether or not to replace them with the Machete.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Still plenty of Crushes out there, so I wouldn't worry about it. And if you do have to drop in the Machete down the line, I think they'll cover that spot in your bag.
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 12-04-2017, 07:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 32
Niced 669 Times in 406 Posts

Picked up a Z Machete (173-174g) and got about 10 throws with it during my round today. I only threw it FH wanting to see if it could fill the void of the recently deceased Z Crush. First impression: total meathook similar to some FAF Firebirds I've had. I really had to muscle this thing to keep it straight before having it fade out. I didn't notice a whole lot of skip at the end of the flight because it wanted to get to the ground badly. It does have a comfortable feel to it but just not sure if is what I'm looking for. May need to beat it in to get a more workable Crush type flight out of it.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-05-2017, 02:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 603 Times in 443 Posts

I loved the Crush, one of my favorites in the past . too bad that didn't keep making it. The Pulse is similar - I hope they don't discontinue that too - did they? meh
Old 12-05-2017, 03:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 2,602 Times in 1,650 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stable View Post
First impression: total meathook similar to some FAF Firebirds I've had. I really had to muscle this thing to keep it straight before having it fade out. I didn't notice a whole lot of skip at the end of the flight because it wanted to get to the ground badly.
I agree, super beef like a FAF Firebird. It will skip like mad if you aren't starting it on some flex to keep it straight. I can't keep it straight with a flat release or even headwind. I've thrown it in 20+MPH wind and it still had positive HSS.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:11 PM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

The flatter ones are more stable than the slighty domey ones. Domish ones are like predators in my experience.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Niced 118 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasOrion View Post
I loved the Crush, one of my favorites in the past . too bad that didn't keep making it. The Pulse is similar - I hope they don't discontinue that too - did they? meh
I think that the Pulse is also OOP, culled earlier this year. But the Discraft website still shows it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/discgolf/co...comment_header
Old 01-26-2018, 04:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 20
Niced 603 Times in 443 Posts

So I finally ordered a Machete, but it is in ESP plastic. Anyone have experience with these? I would assume the are a little softer and wear in a little more so if the Z's are super Beef the ESP should be Beef, but like, a lean burger. Hoping the ESP is flat and gets smoothly worn in for a reliable disc flight.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:44 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 51
Niced 297 Times in 186 Posts

Quote:
So I finally ordered a Machete, but it is in ESP plastic. Anyone have experience with these? I would assume the are a little softer and wear in a little more so if the Z's are super Beef the ESP should be Beef, but like, a lean burger. Hoping the ESP is flat and gets smoothly worn in for a reliable disc flight.
I am also curious on these. I have a used Z en route. I wish the colors were better in these “swirly” esps though.. pretty ugly.
Old 01-26-2018, 06:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdaire27 View Post
I am also curious on these. I have a used Z en route. I wish the colors were better in these “swirly” esps though.. pretty ugly.
They had some pretty ones but those sold first. All that's left are the earth tones...

Old 01-26-2018, 08:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
If all the Swirl ESP is a consistent blend (which is what I've found with Discraft), it's stiffer than the LE ESP they ran the Buzzz OS and Nuke OS in for the last Ledgestone. Swirl ESP Buzzzes were too OS for what I want out of a Buzzz...don't know how the Machete will fly in it, as I didn't end up pulling the trigger on them. I like my OS discs to stay OS as long as possible.
I bet it will be stiff, though. Let us know how it flies!