Old 12-19-2019, 10:31 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 19.7
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 297 Times in 170 Posts

This reminds me that I still need to watch Simon's video.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2019, 10:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,116 Times in 649 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leath View Post
I agree that a large part of disc golf's appeal is being outside - that's a big reason I enjoy it so much.

I completely disagree that you have to be a board gamer first. Avid board gamers are not the ones backing it, and very few of them would find it enjoyable. There are THOUSANDS (not an exaggeration) of board games for them to choose from, and I'm not talking about best-selling games like Monopoly, Battleship, Life, and Clue. This is one of about 3,500 games that are released per year, so only disc golfers will take notice.
The kickstart was a resounding success, so from that stand point alone, it's already a success. Thanks for the comment.
Old 12-19-2019, 12:01 PM
Still a puppy

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHFH
Niced 269 Times in 170 Posts

Disc golf, the gathering.

Niced: (2)
Old 12-19-2019, 12:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 225
Niced 2,203 Times in 1,246 Posts

i couldnt imagine bringing this to a friends house and having everyone choose this over cards against humanity

i couldnt imagine dg friends that are hardcore enough about dg choosing the board game over an actual round no matter the weather

this screams a one and done type game
Old 12-19-2019, 12:42 PM
Banned but not forgotten

Niced 601 Times in 321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
i couldnt imagine bringing this to a friends house and having everyone choose this over cards against humanity

i couldnt imagine dg friends that are hardcore enough about dg choosing the board game over an actual round no matter the weather

The game mechanics actually seem kinda fun from the limited details I could glean. I like the idea of playing cards against other people's shots. As a devoted pessimist I want to shat all over this thing, but despite my personality defects I may actually get a copy...

Cards against humanity is for women and redditors.

Niced: (1)
Old 12-19-2019, 01:13 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 34
Niced 79 Times in 29 Posts

Quote:

I couldn't imagine going to a friends house and everyone choosing cards against humanity over anything else. But I see your point if compared it to other popular strategy games like Catan, Ticket to Ride, or Carcassonne.

"Hey it's raining with 20mph winds tonight. Still wanna catch that round or play this board game?"

I didn't think much about this game at first glance and kinda figured a dg board game would be a fail. But it looks like it could have some depth and strategy to it. To me it screams worth playing and looks to be fun. If it's good, probably a play here and there on game night.

Old 12-19-2019, 01:19 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 20.8
Courses Played: 270
Niced 19 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:

You must not hang out with any disc golfers OFF the course and after hours?

I highly doubt people will be skipping out on prime dg to sit inside around a board game.

Old 12-19-2019, 01:31 PM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 30.9
Courses Played: 702
Niced 1,812 Times in 820 Posts

Haven't seen the game dynamics yet. But how about emulating D&D where there's a Dungeon Master (Dodgemaster?) who runs the quest? The blind course unfolds with many hidden pitfalls - islands to visit and mandatory turns - as the group of players, each with their unique skill set, find random gold nuggets to help underwrite their quest to gain a million$ sponsorship upon successfully traversing 18 under.ground holes.

Old 12-19-2019, 01:37 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.8
Courses Played: 298
Niced 81 Times in 39 Posts

I love board games and this looks somewhat entertaining, but I'd play Wii or tiger woods disc golf over this if at all possible

Niced: (2)

Old 12-19-2019, 01:39 PM
Banned but not forgotten

Niced 601 Times in 321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
Haven't seen the game dynamics yet. But how about emulating D&D where there's a Dungeon Master (Dodgemaster?) who runs the quest? The blind course unfolds with many hidden pitfalls - islands to visit and mandatory turns - as the group of players, each with their unique skill set, find random gold nuggets to help underwrite their quest to gain a million$ sponsorship upon successfully traversing 18 under.ground holes.
Hmmm, to rate your ideas here in relation to the courses you have designed, these are much closer to the Acorn refurbish than Highbridge Gold...