Old 12-15-2019, 01:32 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 500 Times in 309 Posts

Anyone throwing Emacs in Classic plastic? Do they mold up flat like Primes, or do they have some dome like Lucids and Fuzions?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2019, 11:14 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 44 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
Anyone throwing Emacs in Classic plastic? Do they mold up flat like Primes, or do they have some dome like Lucids and Fuzions?
The classic ones that I've seen have been SUPER FLAT and when thrown, end up being almost verdict OS out of the box, but within a few rounds, will begin to season as most classic plastic will, and it becomes more of that EMac flight path that you're expecting

Niced: (1)
Old 01-27-2020, 07:51 PM
Par Member

Niced 136 Times in 88 Posts

Wondering if anyone has tried the lucid x plastic truths on dynamics website.... they are straight up truths but curious as to flatness and stability compared to your average eMac
Old 02-08-2020, 08:28 AM
Birdie Member

Niced 112 Times in 78 Posts

The Emac Truth is one of the most consistent discs I've thrown. Depending on power I know exactly where it is going and where it will fade. The comfort in the hand is a huge plus.

Niced: (2)
Old 02-10-2020, 11:34 AM

Courses Played: 3
Niced 22 Times in 16 Posts

I lost my favorite Emac Truth - it was red Lucid plastic and just flew like a laser beam. FH and BH to 300+ with no turn and barely any fade.

I now have FOUR other Emac Truths, one moonshine and 3 lucid, and none of them fly like it did. They all have some turn, especially on forehand where they seem to crash to the ground. Could be a form issue, but I'm forehanding Darts okay in practice. Hopefully my unicorn Truth will make it back to me some day!
Old 02-10-2020, 11:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Niced 754 Times in 588 Posts

The EMac Truth is one of those molds I wanted to like, but didn't. Its simply finicky. Thrown hard, it flips over randomly and never comes back. I had a lot better luck with champion Roc3s. They stay flat on hard throws much better than EMac Truths.

Also, the EMac Truth is too long. I hate to say something like that about a mid, but the thing flies faster and longer than most other mids. I was finding myself overshooting lots of normal midrange shots with the EMac.

This disc seems to work best when thrown about 60-70% power. Any harder than that and you'll run into accuracy problems. FWIW, I can get an EMac Truth out to about 350'. That's noticeably longer than a Roc3 or Buzzz will fly for me.

Old 02-18-2020, 06:22 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 51
Niced 303 Times in 190 Posts

EMac is switching from the Trespass to the E-Truth for his Lucid X signature disc. A little bummed about it, means I gotta stock up on the Trespasses. Also think it might just turn into a verdict at that point? Either way, could be cool.

I thought I heard another member is going to do the Verdict as their tour series disc (forgot who). Anyone know when tour series Lucid X discs drop?

Old 02-19-2020, 12:07 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 27
Niced 500 Times in 309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdaire27 View Post
EMac is switching from the Trespass to the E-Truth for his Lucid X signature disc. A little bummed about it, means I gotta stock up on the Trespasses. Also think it might just turn into a verdict at that point? Either way, could be cool.

I thought I heard another member is going to do the Verdict as their tour series disc (forgot who). Anyone know when tour series Lucid X discs drop?
Clemons' 2020 sig disc is the Lucid-X Verdict. Verdict and Warden set to release Feb 27th, all other tour series discs drop end of March.

Old 02-19-2020, 01:05 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 11
Niced 24 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriusbomb View Post
I lost my favorite Emac Truth - it was red Lucid plastic and just flew like a laser beam. FH and BH to 300+ with no turn and barely any fade.

I now have FOUR other Emac Truths, one moonshine and 3 lucid, and none of them fly like it did. They all have some turn, especially on forehand where they seem to crash to the ground. Could be a form issue, but I'm forehanding Darts okay in practice. Hopefully my unicorn Truth will make it back to me some day!
i assume it was an more overstable run of emac you had. try to find mcbride glow emacs.

Old 02-21-2020, 08:38 AM
Bogey Member

Niced 26 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twmccoy View Post
The EMac Truth is one of those molds I wanted to like, but didn't. Its simply finicky. Thrown hard, it flips over randomly and never comes back. I had a lot better luck with champion Roc3s. They stay flat on hard throws much better than EMac Truths.

Also, the EMac Truth is too long. I hate to say something like that about a mid, but the thing flies faster and longer than most other mids. I was finding myself overshooting lots of normal midrange shots with the EMac.

This disc seems to work best when thrown about 60-70% power. Any harder than that and you'll run into accuracy problems. FWIW, I can get an EMac Truth out to about 350'. That's noticeably longer than a Roc3 or Buzzz will fly for me.
This is almost my exact experience, except I can sometimes get this disc out to 330 but generally throw it on 270-300 shots. I want to like this disc and keep trying it in the bag but dont gel with it. Its a slightly longer but more touchy disc than my C-line MD3s. It isnt as much a workhorse mid like they are, and I cant really trust it in a wind situation but the easy distance is nice.

I am looking forward to trying a lucid-x version!