Old 01-03-2020, 04:06 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 534
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 166 Times in 78 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoobyPls View Post
Yep, just south of Dayton, so most of the Cincy and northern Kentucky courses are within an hour's drive. That includes Lincoln Ridge and Idlewild. We almost have too many quality choices here.
Wish I still had that selection of quality courses around me!
Sponsored Links

Niced: (1)
Old 01-03-2020, 04:11 PM
Par Member

Niced 137 Times in 60 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakebake91 View Post
I want to look at it this way for a second....how many of Brodie's viewers would actually care about DG? Yes, the sheer odds say a bunch, but really? If Jomez for example put out a bunch of ultimate Frisbee content, how many of us would watch? Or care? Or immediately want to pick up the sport? It's not the right target audience.

How much really is he going to move the needle?
THIS is what I am interested in and I would venture a guess that he does move the needle quite a bit from a business perspective. Agreed on the point about not a lot of people taking up ultimate if Jomez offered it up, but I think that is jaded by the fact that many already have a #1 passion/hobby in their life.

Many comments I see on Jomez videos are along the lines of "I just stumbled upon this channel" and now they have tried + love disc golf. I think any disc golf media company would love to have Brodie interact in between holes with comments of "These guys are good" and other quirky light-hearted things. Also, him just genuinely being amazed by the skills of the top disc golfers. Seems such a WIN-WIN for a media company.

I have always imagined the people who watch Brodie are the same that watch Dude Perfect - just a bunch of people with expendable time on their hands. Introduce an activity that is inexpensive and requires little effort to enjoy and I think that demographic of people are ripe to pick the game up....I mean be exploited. (Just wanted to use that word and feel the essence of being a bitter Snowflake).

Take out the Bro-isms' and this cat has some celebrity that could add some legitimacy to his eligibility to participate with our royalty. <Yeah, I did that on purpose........just feeeeling the Bro'.

Last edited by Chains Bailey; 01-03-2020 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-03-2020, 04:32 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 29.8
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 2,029 Times in 663 Posts

It's 2020. Can we agree to leave the way overused "snowflake" in the last decade?

Old 01-03-2020, 04:36 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 24.8
Courses Played: 76
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 68 Times in 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by takman View Post
He plastered a pic of himself and his card on Twitter so it's open season. I think the guy likes people talking about him.
Correct but I'm just saying why don't we wait until he is actually an obnoxious d-bag in a tournament setting before saying he's going to be an obnoxious d-bag in a tournament setting. If that does happen then we can all pile on at that time.

Nobody knows his motivations for doing this except him. Oh yeah, and this disc golf guy who thinks he's Marge Simpson warning us all about the evil Monorail salesman:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma03 View Post
This dude just wants to exploit us for his ad revenue checks.
Maybe JTacoma is correct, maybe not. Let's say he is correct. How are we being "exploited" if we're just playing casual and tournament disc golf the same as we would with no Brodie Smith around?

Old 01-03-2020, 05:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 24.8
Courses Played: 94
Niced 2,362 Times in 963 Posts

JTacoma has more firsthand experience with BS than everyone else in this thread combined.

Niced: (2)
Old 01-03-2020, 05:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,347 Times in 778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakatak View Post
Maybe JTacoma is correct, maybe not. Let's say he is correct. How are we being "exploited" if we're just playing casual and tournament disc golf the same as we would with no Brodie Smith around?
It appears the JTacoma believes that this is a zero sum game... which of course, it is not.
Old 01-03-2020, 05:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 31
Niced 1,226 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
I want to look at it this way for a second....how many of Brodie's viewers would actually care about DG? Yes, the sheer odds say a bunch, but really? If Jomez for example put out a bunch of ultimate Frisbee content, how many of us would watch? Or care? Or immediately want to pick up the sport? It's not the right target audience.

How much really is he going to move the needle?
I love ultimate highlights. Follow more Ultimate content on Instagram than disc golf, because 100% of it are crazy bids and hucks. Never have or would play, though. Catch with an Ultrastar is as far as I go (like the guy below) Just into "frisbee" culture, and I imagine some Ultimate players feel the same.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg noog1.JPG (51.9 KB, 83 views)

Niced: (2)
Old 01-03-2020, 05:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 7
Niced 660 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
Simon broke 90 several times

Do those dudes have a flipping death wish???? What in the actual f@#$ would posses you to stand in front of something like that????
Old 01-03-2020, 05:48 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 73
Niced 1,437 Times in 349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscoe View Post
JTacoma has more firsthand experience with BS than everyone else in this thread combined.
I'm not too sure about that. I've put up with some incredible bu--

Oh, that BS. Never mind.

Old 01-03-2020, 05:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 19
Niced 1,347 Times in 778 Posts

Quote:
Do those dudes have a flipping death wish???? What in the actual f@#$ would posses you to stand in front of something like that????
Those are GUTS discs, they are made for this. These are not wrap speed drivers that will slice and dice... they still are gonna sting though.

Here is Will throwing an 80 MPH GUTS throw, without an X step... and it was caught.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GCM4mUqlX8