Old 08-26-2015, 11:13 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.6
Courses Played: 156
Throwing Style: LHBH
Niced 154 Times in 101 Posts

Bump for the Clutch. I've been set on Pures as my putting putters for the last two years but randomly threw someone elses Clutch and it felt awesome in the hand. Fits my grip (final pad of index finger on outside of rim) really well and had a nice float/glide to it. The lower profile fit right in with what I like. Damn straight too. Only issue was a wobble coming out of my hand but didn't affect the flight. Some of the best putters around (Yeti and Rico) wobble like crazy so maybe it isn't as big of an issue. Well, bought a dirt cheap stack of Proteges on Facebook and will give them a try.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2015, 11:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 2 Times in 2 Posts

Welcome to the club. I found I needed to putt a bit firmer than I was accustomed to at first but it was easy adjustment.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:45 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 30
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

I recently bought two new (used) Protege Clutches. I have only played two rounds with my Clutch, and I am already in love with it. I have already noticed a slight improvement in my putting. For one, I feel more confident putting with it. I just started playing this year, so my putting isn't the greatest for obvious reasons. I tend to try to throw my putts close to the basket for those easy shots. I have noticed that with the Clutches, I'm more capable of doing this, which is awesome!
Old 09-03-2015, 06:41 AM

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by torihanus View Post
I recently bought two new (used) Protege Clutches. I have only played two rounds with my Clutch, and I am already in love with it. I have already noticed a slight improvement in my putting. For one, I feel more confident putting with it. I just started playing this year, so my putting isn't the greatest for obvious reasons. I tend to try to throw my putts close to the basket for those easy shots. I have noticed that with the Clutches, I'm more capable of doing this, which is awesome!
Do you pushputt or spinputt?
Tried any of Legacys other putters?
Old 09-05-2015, 01:57 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 17.9
Courses Played: 41
Niced 743 Times in 423 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monocacy View Post
Gravity Clutch is my putter and no-fade approach disc. Icon Clutch is my driving putter. As the bead wears down the Gravity Clutch becomes quite straight-stable, maybe drifting right a little on a full drive, and finishing with little or no fade.
There's the bottom of the mold, but there is not a bead on the Clutch..that's the Clozer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bratton View Post
Yeah it's immediately obvious to those familiar with the magnet. By far the biggest difference between the two is in their height. The clutch is a little lower profile which also has the consequence of making it a little faster. The clutch has about the same height as a wizard (though the Wizard is deeper in the hand), whereas a magnet has about the same height as an aviar, and I find the clutch more comfortable in hand because of it's profile which I find ideal for my hand. The level of stability of the two are very similar. The level of stability is ideal for putting. It's also worth noting that the protege plastic feels excellent. The grip level is extremely high and the level of flexibility and durability are just as I prefer. I love how the clutch's shape and feel in hand reminds me more of a frisbee (similar to a comet) than a typical modern "beefy" disc golf disc.
FTFM. Just wanted to let others know who aren't familiar the Clutch is not as deep as a Wizard.

I used Protege for a bit since I always used the older hard Magnets and like a firm putting putter but ended up settling on Gravity (I now have like 20). Yes it is a softer blend of plastic than Protege but it's mostly in the flight plate. I always disliked soft discs due to their distortion when gripped with a fair amount of pressure/at release when thrown with power. The Gravity however has a fairly firm rim that does not suffer from what I described while still being more tacky and giving all around, especially in the flight plate. Same goes for drives - I never feel the flexing like I would with say R-Pro/XG//my old soft Magnets/etc.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:50 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 30
Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastmika View Post
Do you pushputt or spinputt?
Tried any of Legacys other putters?
I am a push putter trying to convert to be a spin putter, if that makes any sense. I haven't tried any of the other putters from Legacy...yet. I have a Discraft Pro-D Magnet, and I enjoy that one as well. Do you have any recommendations?
Old 09-22-2015, 05:07 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 31
Niced 1 Time in 1 Post

Try the Prowler from Legacy...awesome IMO. I putted with magnets for years and this feels like one for sure. It has the bead and throws really well off the tee as well as great putts. I do both putts and it works well for me. I've even been getting great shots with jump putts. Not leaving my bag, but it's what i've been looking for from Legacy...woulda tried the clutch if I hadn't been giving Judges a try...but pulled the Judges out as soon as I got the Prowlers a few tries.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:25 PM

Courses Played: 12
Niced 9 Times in 3 Posts

I just picked up a Protιgι Clutch this weekend and it has already found a spot in the bag as my main putting putter. I am off to the shop to me more since they are $ 6.99
Old 02-03-2016, 02:47 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 33
Niced 17 Times in 13 Posts

Are icon clutch noticeably more stable than the gravity/protege clutches?

Old 02-03-2016, 10:32 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 134
Niced 1,112 Times in 746 Posts

Ive only thrown a white icon clutch and flew stable as rated. Straight with a littttttle fade. Not sure how other plastic are but i like this white icon clutch a lot. Reminds me of throwing a anode.