Par Delusionary

Years Playing: 44.6
Courses Played: 322
Niced 1,123 Times in 584 Posts

Back to the action:

Santa Cruz Masters Cup presented by Innova, 2018 FPO Performance Tracks
Expected Final Score after n Holes

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SCMC18FPOTracks.jpg (88.7 KB, 214 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2018, 11:37 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 473 Times in 280 Posts

I think it would awesome sauce to have those "bowling alley" beam detector foot faults off the tee. When you hear that large buzzer...you know it's a fault. lol..

Old 05-22-2018, 12:24 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 22
Niced 267 Times in 156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinachd View Post
These foot faults may in fact change performance, but only in the sense that Ricky is allowing himself to be more focused on the throw than on his foot placement.

If this is really a big issue, they should just create a physical stop by placing a slab of plywood or other material across the sidewalk being used as a tee pad. Just like pro dart tournaments have a slab of material between the wall and the players foot instead of a drawn line.

Maybe consider this as soon as next weekend's SF Open, which is also on a ball golf course.
I don't think they change Ricky's performance simply because he doesn't seem to be thinking about it as all. His drive plant on the sidewalks are no different than his plant on the teeboxes... and to a point Anton's as well.
BUT since it was suggested I go back and read the comments about the memorial foot fault and look into it. JC had a good point in that thread. Throw 15 throws thinking about your foot placement and 15 where you don't. Certainly better more consistent throws when you aren't thinking about your feet. I have thoughts about that memorial one but whatever.
I don't see a need for a board I think this falls firmly on the players to just plant a foot and a half back... its a path ffs they have more than enough room for the longest imaginable run-up and still plant correctly.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:25 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 22
Niced 267 Times in 156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscFifty View Post
I think it would awesome sauce to have those "bowling alley" beam detector foot faults off the tee. When you hear that large buzzer...you know it's a fault. lol..
Nah... I think keep it the way it is but everyone on the card should carry a little air horn that way instead of saying "foot fault" they can blast the air horn.

Niced: (2)
Old 05-22-2018, 12:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 52
Niced 2,412 Times in 1,318 Posts

Just think of all the meltdowns JohnE would have if there were airhorns going off during an event.

Niced: (1)
Old 05-22-2018, 12:35 PM
Eagle Member

Niced 540 Times in 265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Putt for D'oh View Post
Nah... I think keep it the way it is but everyone on the card should carry a little air horn that way instead of saying "foot fault" they can blast the air horn.

You are onto something here! How about if all the spectators are allowed to let loose on their vuvuzelas whenever a rule infraction occurs? That will pep up the atmosphere.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:36 PM
Par Delusionary

Years Playing: 44.6
Courses Played: 322
Niced 1,123 Times in 584 Posts

Santa Cruz Masters Cup presented by Innova, 2018 MPO Performance Tracks
Expected Final Score after n Holes

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SCMC18MPOTracks.jpg (101.9 KB, 203 views)
Old 05-22-2018, 01:11 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 43
Niced 2,120 Times in 935 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalbrutus View Post
Just think of all the meltdowns JohnE would have if there were airhorns going off during an event.
Lat64 has the market cornered on cranky masters players. Feldy, PB, JohnE...

Old 05-22-2018, 01:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 52
Niced 2,412 Times in 1,318 Posts

Quote:
Or we can have this guy follow the lead card around...

Old 05-22-2018, 02:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 23
Courses Played: 2
Niced 1,121 Times in 656 Posts

Quote:
Just for clarification, and because I don't really follow the pros and just watch a tournament every now and then... Are you being serious or is the Ricky has no integrity thing serious?
Self calling a foot fault on a putt makes sense or a standstill approach if you were to lose balance before the disc comes out but on a drive where there is nothing to feel? How would he even know? I really can't believe its intentional... I sure as hell don't worry about and extra few inches on a 300+' throw and I don't believe he's trying to gain any kind of an advantage. Its an infraction, its sloppy on his part and per rules should and did get called, it was probably not seen by the card on hole 8 was mentioned and Philo watched on hole 10 the rest of the card watched on hole 12 and it was confirmed. But how the hell would you expect someone to take two steps after the drive and go back and say ... oh yeah sure when they have no intention of gaining no advantage?
You have two things at play here, first, is the Ricky vs Paul thing. I don't know if SD86 plays that but the opposing sides have zero tolerance for mistakes on the other side. Second, there was an instance of a foot fault, a really bad one, a month or so ago. Nikko called it, Ricky clearly saw he faulted, and didn't self call. It's a hard thing for me to judge.

Foot faults are endemic, but not unavoidable. That's why it becomes an issue. There have been stickler calls made on players by players who themselves fault. To eliminate it, you have to prioritize it. Too many don't. Go look at Paul McBeth's open field play. I can't recall ever seeing him fault. Queue the video of Paul faulting.