Old 03-18-2019, 01:52 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 415 Times in 252 Posts

I've gotten a handful of rounds in this week now that the snow is gone, and also done some fieldwork with my Ballista Pros and Ballistas. I'm sold -- these bad boys are going to be my distance drivers for 2019. No more auditions needed.

The BalPro seems like a great headwind driver for my power level. I've yet to throw it in monster winds, but I feel like it's got plenty of stability as long as I give it a touch of hyzer. As for OG Ballistas, right now I'm bagging a Moonshine and Opto. Both crush. I could probably get by with just bagging one, but I find myself throwing lots of mulligans as I re-familiarize myself with the mold. Love these discs! Also bagging a Plasma Wave for when I want to take a little off of a throw, or be able to turn it over more controllably.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2019, 07:06 PM
* Ace Member *

Niced 674 Times in 532 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphilso1 View Post
I've gotten a handful of rounds in this week now that the snow is gone, and also done some fieldwork with my Ballista Pros and Ballistas. I'm sold -- these bad boys are going to be my distance drivers for 2019. No more auditions needed.

The BalPro seems like a great headwind driver for my power level. I've yet to throw it in monster winds, but I feel like it's got plenty of stability as long as I give it a touch of hyzer. As for OG Ballistas, right now I'm bagging a Moonshine and Opto. Both crush. I could probably get by with just bagging one, but I find myself throwing lots of mulligans as I re-familiarize myself with the mold. Love these discs! Also bagging a Plasma Wave for when I want to take a little off of a throw, or be able to turn it over more controllably.
Yeah, the Ballista is really fun to throw. I don't bag one, but I could. It would take the spot currently occupied by a Shryke. Lots of speed and high speed turn for me. Massive distance. Ballistas don't do well in wind, especially headwinds. I love them on open bomber holes.

I want to try a Ballista pro. That could be a disc that actually makes my bag.

Old 03-19-2019, 01:32 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Niced 73 Times in 51 Posts

The Ballista and Ballista Pro are threatening to become my main drivers and pushing more and more Tresspasses out of my bag. The Recoil, Ballista and Ballista Pro are taking over.